• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Wow......that's looks fantastic.  Did you alter the lot in LE or does it come TE?
Fabulous pictures.  Very scenic and very realistic looking.  I like the detail of the grassy area where the cows roam.   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Rayden

Very Mediterranean looking farm and surrounds. Loads of details and beautiful scenery. 5 stars &apls

Cali

the cows, and windrolls add to the awesome detail thaty went into this...beautiful work &apls
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Antoine

Good farm  &apls It's look like italian farm I found because the building

Kokopelli

Badsim, your work is amazing.  All I can say is bring us more. I love it.

kimcar

&apls What a nice tribute you have done . I`m sure he was proud of you . It`s amazing the details you put in . Great update again my friend. Take care. :thumbsup:

Badsim

Quote from: dedgren on March 01, 2007, 07:54:05 AM

I hope those cows come equipped with karabiners and pitons...

David

" Hey David ! Where did you go with karabiners and pitons ? We are waiting for you since more than an hour ! "  :D :D :D

Thanks for the link , David , I knew this tea ... I'm since a long highly interested by botany . :P

rooker1 , I'm altering everything with LE , It's just became pathological .

Thanks to all for kind comments. ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

NikNik

What a beautiful farm. The details are overwelming. The swallows (fr. Hirondelle), the cow pats, the grass rolls, the road leading to the farm, teh farm's surraounding and best of all the little sign at the entrance: beware for the cows!

You are a master in perfection!  &apls

Nik-Nik

Yoder7652

wow! I've missed a couple of updates, but they are stunning as usual. I love the farm in the middle of nowhere. I also love that you capture the detail through multiple pictures at multiple angles and multiple zooms. wonderful!

pvarcoe

It all looks so good Badsim.
The entire mountain farm is extremely well done.

I think my favorite part is the meadows.
They are so naturally placed and the little details like bales of hay are just perfect.

I could look at those shots all day!

Air6

Fantastic job... bales, meadows, cows... It's perfect :thumbsup:

Badsim

Hi ,

I'm still on this farm ... sorry for those waiting for something new , I'll be on it untill I'm satisfied . $%Grinno$%
I don't regret my choice to shut down Antigone downtown for a while , so many things to learn still !  ;D ...and so little time ... :(
A few changes on the farm , I've learnt to delete base textures with iLive Reader , so grassy tiles are now transparent . More details added to the landscape : more wild flowers (Epilobium) , dead trees , rocks representing mass of fallen rocks ...

And now my first attempt to create a montainous torrent , using plopable water & props by Sorchin , I'm needing your opinion about using only mossy rocks ... I'm not convinced when I try to mix them with some others .Have to precise this work isn't achieved , I will add rapids but actually I'm not entirely satisfied with dedgren's ones  (base textures & rocks used ) so I'm still working on my own set .

I have also deciced to correct the flora coming with Olympic Tree Controller , I really dislike these mediterranean trees out of place so I'm deleting and replacing them one by one ... I'm a boring perfectionist . :-[

This picture of Gentiana Acaulis for David , my favorite mountainous flower : a true jewel ...

To the next .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Yoder7652

Take all the time you need on this farm!  &apls &apls &apls
I'm learning alot about how to make a proper landscape from these pics.

wouanagaine

Wow, again I'm speechless about the details, the river bed with the green moisture is really impressive
Be aware of removing base texture and still having overlay texture may produce visual glitches, you'll need to go to and from underground view to get rid of them

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

BarbyW

This is truly beautiful, Badsim, and such a contrast to the city pictures. Thank you for the lovely picture of the gentian, too, one of my favourite flowers.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jeronij

I specially liked the tree in the second picture. Perfectly placed  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

emilin

First: &apls &apls &apls

Your sense of detail is simply mindblowing. That farm will go down in history!

You asked for opinions on rocks and plop water, so here goes (I'm struggling with the same issues myself):
The mossy rocks are a little "too much". You would probably beinfit from mixing things up a little more. In a few places you have used sorchin's bigger lumps of rock, perhaps you should do some more places like that. You might also consider trying a different terrain mod - I know that you said you like to keep the Maxis one, but at least try out the Olympic or Italian mod and see how it looks. A darker green ground would blend much easier to the mossy rocks, I think.

Note: I would never have thought of coming with ANY suggestions to this if you hadn't asked for it. In it's current state - with no changes whatsoever - it's still miles from what I would ever hope to achive with plop water myself. GREAT job!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

NikNik

Great new update.
That little rock fall with the fallen trees just left of the farm is brilliant!

You've used there the dark greened rocks which are not out of place there because you've used them sparsely. Later in the river bed you've used them much more which gives the area a bit of a too green look. Emilin put if very nicely, I cannot say it anyway better.

I realy like the water look of the ploppable water. The best colour scheme I ahve seen for ploppable water so far.  :thumbsup:
In the picture with the cows next to the water there is a second ploppable water colour visible (the former colour I believe).

In the words of Emilin: I would never have thought of coming with ANY suggestions to this if you hadn't asked for it. In it's current state - with no changes whatsoever - it's still miles from what I would ever hope to achive with plop water myself. GREAT job!

Nik-Nik

Giligone

Excellent work once again. And that photograph is incredible! So beautiful. Did you take it? In anycase, I made it my new desktop background haha.  ;D

kimcar

&apls &apls  Very nice update my friend . Don`t be too mad about perfection , we never gonna complaint about it  ;D I go in your way about the mossy rock , as they are hard to place with other one , for myself when i have to use , i just use a small quantity . It`s maybe not fair because i like the other best but ... Anyway i still enjoy every visit at Antigone city or farming . Keep your good work my friend .  :thumbsup: