• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Wow, another fantastic update! I think your before/after region shots show how much time and effort you put into upgrading your region and it looks outstanding. I love the landscape shots and all the downtown pictures in this update are equally as great as your other updates. Great job! I do have one question, though: Where can I find the building you used as the Japanese embassy?

M4346

I'd also like to know re: the embassy. :P

And welcome to page 10!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

crushedcar

Downtown looks awesome at night. If this were a real city I would want to move there.

Cali

love the night scene. very good update, thanks :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Badsim

Replies .

Rayden ; Yes I used Porkie's Bats as props for these new blocks ... & I agree with emilin  they're my best so far . Quartier Alex /Touraine or Place des Alpes and Quartier Les Pauvres by BarbyW are growing megalots , they can be resized 10x10 , 6x10 or 6x6 , R$$$ , R$$ , R$ already a good number of combinations .But it still hard to avoid repetitions ...Xannepan 's Bats aren't exactely at the same scale than Porkie's ones and for Xannepan's ones the result isn't convincing except with symetrical squares . So I'm visiting the STEX every day waiting for new Bats from these 2 great BATers ...

The japanese embassy can be found at Simtro , thread Massively Gigantic Japanese BAT Gallery page 80 . Read carefully the comments on this page about the way to download & install it ; it's a special way .

Nik-Nik Interesting theory about enlightened dictators ... well , may be this game is responding to a power frustration ... I'm rather managerial and sometimes peremptory for my circle of acquaintances .I try to correct that by never forget this french phrase : Hell is paved with good intentions .
For the cows : there's a lot on the STEX named Cows Yeah (by keel) but you'll need to correct it with LE cause there're really too many cows , plus this 1x1 Lot has a base texture .So , if you have to open LE , just do your own Lot ; I've used a lot with a transparent base texture ( and not no base texture ) : a piece of SA Cycleway Kit by Shadow Assassin which has also the advantage to be found in the health menu which isn't congested like the parks menu . The prop for cows is an original MAXIS one : Effect_cows .Use 3 or 4 times this prop on your Lot , no less , no more . If you like perfection , I can advice you to use too SFBT  Plopable Cow Pats by Andreas Roth , you'll find them in your Mayor tree mods .

Cali , I think it's to me to thanks each of you for your comments . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

BarbyW

Beautiful update, Badsim. I love what you have been doing with the megalots. Can I also point out that I only made a set of prop exemplars and the models were not included?
For the cows you might also try BSC Plop an Animal available here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=518
These are lots with no base texture so you see the underlying terrain and has cows, horses and llamas available for plopping.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Antoine

Que du détail !!! Vraiment on ne se lasse pas de revoir les endroits déjà vu d'Antigone ! La vue de nuit est vraiment superbe en plus.

bref :  &apls

rooker1

So much detail it's incredible.  I love it when you post, I can look at your pictures several times and find new details! &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Kokopelli

Absolutely incredible. Your city was amazing in its detail and now we see your entire region is being developed with the same meticulous care. I am really looking forward to more.

GER

Dont piss off topic.

I dont think this is the place for this comments.

jeronij

pvarcoe

The rural shots are just spectacular Badsim.
Your work with the Olympic tree controller is of the highest quality.
I see you use the default terrain textures rather than a Cycledogg (or other) terrain controller.
The end result turned out really well.
I wouldn't have thought the default terrain could look that good.

Love the cows!!

jeronij

"$Deal"$

To all the posters at this CJ, please, remember that english is the only acceptable language in this forum. And the reasons for this have been explained before.

Thanks for your understanding.

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Rayden

Thanks Badsim for enlightening me on those lots and for the link ;) Looking forward for your next update :thumbsup:

Antoine

jeronij : sorry I don't speak french now

thundercrack83

Thanks for the tip on the Japanese embassy. I'll be looking forward to the next update!

Mulefisk

Wonderful in every sense of the word!  $%Grinno$%

As everyone else alreaady has said, the amount of detail put into this is incredible.

Can't wait for the next update!

Badsim

Hi everybody ,

Something different this time ...

Epilobium angustifolium ... If you live in north hemisphere , you must know this mountainous flower ...

My first farm , using "Castello di Chianti" by Mickebear ...

(In memory) to my grand-father .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

dedgren

Hello, Badsim-

Quote(In memory) to my grand-father.

He must have have been a very special man to rate such wonderful memories.

In Alaska, we call Epilobium angustifolium Fireweed [linkie].  Apparently others do, too.  You can brew tea from its leaves and the flowers are used to make preserves.  It's also a weather predictor- snow within a month of when the last flower drops.

I hope those cows come equipped with karabiners and pitons...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Wow, the farm and the landscaping around are very beautiful. It's a very nice tribute to your grandfather. Great job!

wouanagaine

Great, superb, magnific

The attention to details is in every pics. I don't have any suggestion to offer, it is perfect in every way
&apls

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4