• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Quote from: callagrafx on June 04, 2007, 07:07:07 AM
What an odd comment...Since when do cities created with a computer game have to be realistic?
I have to agree with callagrafx on this. Badsim makes the most incredible lots and makes a beautiful city. This one is only part way through development and I am following its development closely.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful city with us, Badsim.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

wouanagaine

I have to agree also with Cal

Most of "by the rules cities" are ugly, Antigone is by far the most beautifull city I ever seen, and this is due to Badsim mastering of LE. I'm gratefull he shared it with us before he finished it in 2010

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Colyn

Quote from: Buddhah on June 04, 2007, 05:48:45 AM
Not bad. You show us your talent - at least technically. You're a master of the LE but you should not have showned us the larger view of Antigone : this is showing us how this city is nothing else than a display of savoir-faire but this is far from being realistic -but I guess this is not your intention anyway.

I am from a country where we do not mince words ... this post has a sharp edge to it that is not appreciated. Please fix it.  :satisfied:
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

rooker1

I can always spend at least ten to fifteen minutes looking at your updates.  And quite often I return to your last few updates to get some ideas.  Your work is an inspiration to at least me, if not some others too.  And I thank you for sharing not only your pictures but your methods as well. ;)

Thanks
Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Buddhah

Colyn : Am I reading this right ? You want me to censor myself. I'm from a country where freedom of speech exists.

Colyn

@ Buddah:

Well then you have a problem ... either you fix that "sharp" comment or you will see that this community is from NO country and simple decency and proper  respect is valued. But hey ... just understand this ... in this community we see everything in two shades ...

a. It is positive and contributes to the growth and well being of the community.
b. It is negative.

Now when we have evalued conduct and it falls outside of (a) above then there is a potential for action from ADMIN.

Your comment has a sharp edge to it and is in no way positive critisism.

I will ask you one more time ... FIX IT.
Come see CSX Play

Buddhah

Then it's too bad. I'm member of simtropolis, toutsimcity, capitalsimcity, simpegasus, simcitybrasil and hopefully respected member of this site. If the members of this site can't take criticism, then you can do what you have to do.
If you decide to close my account, I'll be sorry because i'm starting to enjoy it profoundly but I won't change what I said about Antigone because I do not feel that my comment was offensive.

jeronij

Quote from: Buddhah on June 05, 2007, 08:55:52 AM
Then it's too bad. I'm member of simtropolis, toutsimcity, capitalsimcity, simpegasus, simcitybrasil and hopefully respected member of this site. If the members of this site can't take criticism, then you can do what you have to do.
If you decide to close my account, I'll be sorry because i'm starting to enjoy it profoundly but I won't change what I said about Antigone because I do not feel that my comment was offensive.

It is a pitty that you decided to not accept the staff's suggestion. Your attempt to break our style will go nowhere.

Badsim, just one word, and all these posts will be removed from this great MD. I apologize for what happened. But we must give the opportunity to any member to correct himself when we think he is wrong. Unfortunately this is not the case.  &mmm
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

callagrafx

QuoteIf the members of this site can't take criticism, then you can do what you have to do.

I don't believe you were offering constructive criticism, just criticism.  And that is not tolerated on ANY of the sites you mention...it's called "flaming".  This is one of the most carefully crafted, well thought out Diaries on any site and to suggest otherwise smacks of jealousy.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Rayden

... and besides, nothing is written anywhere on this MD, that it would resemble any real city or reality at all... neither the tittle says anything about this city being aa real city or lead to undestand on that way, like one tittle I saw somewher claming "The biggest CJ ever..." $%Grinno$%

Badsim

Hello Buddah , the wise among wises ....

I don't feel upset by the criticism itself about realism ... I'm enough mature to know that unanimity and/or objectivity aren't by this world .(And It's a great luck .)
I will not begin a discussion about realism there ( or anywhere else ) with you , because I don't guess but I know that it's not your intention , anyway ...
That said , I'm effectively surprised by the general tone of your post , suggesting (if you were speaking clearly ) that my MD is nothing else than a self-satisfaction gallery . Maybe ...
And even if it was the case , describe me your world without any self-satisfaction ?
Your post is intentionally hurting not only for me but for all those are reading and enjoying it ; they are stupid , you're the best ...who have understood everything .
Buddha , the wise among wises , you should know that while wises are searching the truth .... idiots have already found it .
Visibly , you're in the right team : keep it up .... ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

glepet

Badsim, I think your MD is great. You obviously spend a lot of time creating just the right look. I admire your skills at lotting and your overall presentation. I am looking forward to your next update along with everyone else! And I would have to agree with Callagrafx...
Quote from: callagrafx on June 05, 2007, 09:32:22 AM
This is one of the most carefully crafted, well thought out Diaries on any site and to suggest otherwise smacks of jealousy.

Antoine

QuoteI'm member of simtropolis, toutsimcity, capitalsimcity, simpegasus, simcitybrasil

who are you on Toutsimcity  ()what()

Colyn

NOTICE: The Buddhah issue has been handled by Admin and he cannot respond to any questions. So please let the MD run along now and see the Buddhah incident as roadkill on the highways of AntigOne.  ()stsfd()
Come see CSX Play

kimcar

&apls Great update my friend . Sorry for missing it . Always great details that you put on your work and that`s why i find this MD the most REALISTIC one . Even in a computer game. Thanks for sharing it.  :thumbsup:

pvarcoe

Loved the last update Badsim.

I wasn't sure how it was going to look based on the first few shots, but the finished product was superb.
You continually set the standards in quality and detail, that the rest of us can only strive to attain.
Top notch work as always.

Take care.
Phil

sebes

I loved looking at your perfect city Badsim... If it was real, I'd move there right away   &dance
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Shadow Assassin

Quote...incident as roadkill on the highways of AntigOne.

But I don't think Antigone has any highways.  :D

Anyways, Badsim, don't let him discourage you from posting your wonderful CJ. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

stewart_garden

Wow,

I have to agree with many of the posts from the preceding page: your lotting and especially the textures you use, is fantastic!  You have inspired me to try my hand at making more custom lots for my cities, although it will be a very long time before I can approach your level of skill.  Well done!

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

hogs29

I see this CJ not as the way cities in the real world are built and created, but rather the way they should be built and created.
To say this is an excellent job would be a huge understatement. There are some CJs that when viewed, really capture one's attention completely. This is one of those few. :thumbsup:
T.J.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte