• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maxis Highway Override (Project Symphony) - Development & Support

Started by MandelSoft, October 31, 2012, 09:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJSun1981

I cannot build the Ramps, the Prefab Interchange Componets, Ground & Elevated Highway and Curves.

If I click on them, I get a red arrow and nothing happens

But I can drag the ground and elevated highway, this works fine

Andreas

That's a typical sign of an outdated NAM controller being present in your plugins folder. Did you run Cleanitol when installing the new NAM?
Andreas

DJSun1981

This is my RHW-Menue now:

yes, the cleanitool started by itself

samerton

Quote from: DJSun1981 on March 03, 2013, 07:21:19 AM
This is my RHW-Menue now:

*Snip*

yes, the cleanitool started by itself

It looks to me like you still have the old RHW files hanging around in there; I'd recommend you deleted your Network Addon Mod folder and reinstalled.

MandelSoft

Yes, there are most definitely old NAMs around your plugins folder. I can tell them from the icons; you still see the old icons, hence why you also got all these duplicates (there must be at least three unnecessary duplicate NAM instances)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

sunv123

It doesn't seem like Symphony is in my game at all. I still have those old maxis interchanges and the normal MHW icons. When I drag a stretch of MHW, the textures from the Maxis Highway replacement mod show up, no RHW textures.

I even went through the installation again to see if I missed anything, and I had checked off all of the options. But there was still not any Symphony stuff when I restarted the game.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks. :)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

MandelSoft

That's weird. Can you check your "z___NAM" folder to see if it's there?

DJSun1981

Quote from: MandelSoft on March 03, 2013, 07:32:55 AM
Yes, there are most definitely old NAMs around your plugins folder. I can tell them from the icons; you still see the old icons, hence why you also got all these duplicates (there must be at least three unnecessary duplicate NAM instances)

Where can I find the unless files, the cleanitool dont find it

samerton

Quote from: DJSun1981 on March 03, 2013, 08:22:47 AM
Quote from: MandelSoft on March 03, 2013, 07:32:55 AM

Where can I find the unless files, the cleanitool dont find it

You'll be able to tell if a file's old by the Date Modified; in the Network Addon Mod folder, the new files will have a more recent Date Modified than the old ones. If the problem persists, delete your Network Addon Mod folder and reinstall.

Quote from: sunv123 on March 03, 2013, 07:53:13 AM
It doesn't seem like Symphony is in my game at all. I still have those old maxis interchanges and the normal MHW icons. When I drag a stretch of MHW, the textures from the Maxis Highway replacement mod show up, no RHW textures.

Do you mean your highways look like the Maxis Highway Retexture mod, which will leave your Maxis Highways with 3, retextured lanes?

NCGAIO

Quote from: MandelSoft on March 03, 2013, 08:06:29 AM

With the standard installation does not seem to be there.

mike3775

Quote from: NCGAIO on March 03, 2013, 08:50:41 AM

What I ended up having to do is totally delete the old network addon folder in the documents plugin folder, then do an install of this version and then everything showed up.  Might want to try that.

MandelSoft

Quote from: NCGAIO on March 03, 2013, 08:50:41 AM

That's because the standard installation doesn't install any overrides for NAM items, including Symphony and Euro Textures.

sunv123

I can say that the Symphony file is not in the "NetworkAddonMod" folder.

I'll try your suggestions now. ;)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

DJSun1981

So, I can delate all NAM-files, wich have got an older date as 03.03.2013, am I right?

Shadow Assassin

I suggest you use the NAM installer to uninstall NAM 31 as well. That way you know for certain that everything is removed, as it's able to keep track of what has been installed.

Then reinstall NAM31. This will be a clean install, it will minimise conflicts.

Once this is done, you won't need to worry about uninstalling it for a new version.

Also, shouldn't this topic be renamed to fit the official NAM name (Maxis Highway Override)?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

NCGAIO

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on March 03, 2013, 09:35:41 PM

Also, shouldn't this topic be renamed to fit the official NAM name (Maxis Highway Override)?

:thumbsup: Exactly ... the same name as the option to put into operation.

Of course the information contained in the Readme could clarify these things but as we all know ... who's read the Readme?

Leveraging elevated RHW to ground also has the same problems as curves 45.. :(

drjumbajookiba

Great job on the Maxis Highway Override(Project Symphony) it works realy well &apls :)
Live Out loud For God

AngryBirdsFan436

Welp, there are some bugs like this on the L2 to L0 T-Stack interchange:

Still, the best NAM release EVAR!! &apls &apls &apls &apls And erm, will that be fixed in NAM 31.1?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

arl85

just a quick question: I'm reading the "PS User Manual.pdf" included in documentation and found that MHW are a bit higher than ground level (0.75 I think) so a special connector is needed for connecting it with RHW bridges, otherwise the connection appears strange.
I also found that the same happens for connections between PS ramps and MIS: if you connect MIS with ramps you have a very small slope between the ramp's end and MIS start.
Nothing terrible, but still visible. Is there any way to avoid it or any solution expected in future?

edit: image can be found here, point 1.

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!