• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Returning to game

Started by buckbeach, December 12, 2017, 09:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckbeach

Returning to game after many year hiatus from this fine classic.  My computer was devoid of all the great stuff I previous had and I am back to zero except for the reinstall and downloads of the last couple of days.

Probably should wait for awhile until I get my feet wet, but, seeing a file having home jobs (know nothing yet about its function), I recall a couple of thoughts I had back when.

First has to do with plopped industry having industrial jobs but no freight.  My thought is/was that's not that unusual in RL.  Example the construction industry from housing to bridge building.  So why don't some of the talented people still left (seem to be getting fewer all the time) create some of these type of companies to be plopped down on industrial zoning.  Maybe some sort of quasi form of Civil Service jobs could be formed in this way also.

Second has to do with incomes received by the unemployed and retired people.  Their incomes (and forms of assistance) contribute to the local economy.

Yea I know this game is not RL, but, the above seems doable (much like to home jobs and again I have no idea if that works or not).

Buck