• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Minium size of IR to grow

Started by gn_leugim, October 13, 2016, 01:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

I have a mod that changes the way you can zone IR, releasing from the 16 tiles minimum. But, you still need 16 tiles to make the zone to develop. Is it possible to change this? and where/how?

thanks in advance

Andreas

There might be some exemplar file in the game where you can set this, but I don't know where. As a workaround, you could zone the 16 tiles, wait for the development, then bulldoze the fields around the (smaller) lot, assuming you just want to grow some farm houses, but no fields around them. Repeating this a couple of times might result in a more compact farm development for more farm jobs, if that is what you want.
Andreas

gn_leugim

Well, I have checked on the:
0x6534284a,0x67cd5fa1,0x00004100 (Developer, Industrial Resources)
0x6534284a,0xc7bb4816,0x00004100 (RCI, Industrial Resources)
0x6534284a,0xe7e2c2db,0xe9482490 (Simulator, zone manager)

So far, I can't find it anywhere.

My purpose is to have 5/6 tiled sized farms, in particular those without buildings or so, which are currently many. want it so, because around here all gaps between housing are filled with farms, and I want them to be functional and not plopped.

gn_leugim

Not that I like to double post, but, does anyone know more about this? I've searched into more exemplars, but no luck.

TheTeaCat

If it is Farms without buildings that you want are farm field then maybe these grass pastures by vortext may help. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3293
or even these ones by myself may suit your requirements
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3304

Hope this is of some help

Derry

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

APSMS

IIRC there was a mod on the STEX that I used to have that allowed super small fields, and I think that the SPAM, in addition to adding things like unpowered farms, also removed this minimum size restriction for IR zones.

I'd have to sift through SPAM files, which would take some time; I'm pretty sure that this is part of the advertising for SPAM, though, so it's probably one of the features there. If you're using CAM it's incompatible, but maybe if we find the exemplar we can convince InvisiChem to include it in the next release?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

c.p.

Here's a mod I made for myself that might do what you're asking.
It's one of the 16 numbers in the kZM_mZoneMinCellSize property that controls the zone size for the Ir zones. (I'm not sure which of the 16 numbers it is exactly.)
I've been using this with a several-year-old version of CAM with no conflicts.  I don't know if it conflicts with SPAM, etc.

gn_leugim

Quote from: c.p. on October 14, 2016, 02:29:18 PM
Here's a mod I made for myself that might do what you're asking.
It's one of the 16 numbers in the kZM_mZoneMinCellSize property that controls the zone size for the Ir zones. (I'm not sure which of the 16 numbers it is exactly.)
I've been using this with a several-year-old version of CAM with no conflicts.  I don't know if it conflicts with SPAM, etc.

Quote from: APSMS on October 14, 2016, 01:57:41 PM
IIRC there was a mod on the STEX that I used to have that allowed super small fields, and I think that the SPAM, in addition to adding things like unpowered farms, also removed this minimum size restriction for IR zones.

I'd have to sift through SPAM files, which would take some time; I'm pretty sure that this is part of the advertising for SPAM, though, so it's probably one of the features there. If you're using CAM it's incompatible, but maybe if we find the exemplar we can convince InvisiChem to include it in the next release?

Thanks. Yes, there is a mod which is available at STEX that does just that. It allows me to zone IR zones as small as 1 tile, just as C.P.'s mod does, but, those zones wont develop until they are at least 16 tiles big. This is the thing I want to change. I wish I could change this number to something lower, such as 4 or 6 so I could fill gaps as big as that, and have functional farms, instead of plopled ones.

Quote from: TheTeaCat on October 14, 2016, 01:28:56 PM
If it is Farms without buildings that you want are farm field then maybe these grass pastures by vortext may help. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3293
or even these ones by myself may suit your requirements
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3304

Hope this is of some help

Derry

Thank you for your suggestions. I am currently using (mostly) Frank's Belgium farms, but I can also take a look on these for sure ;) although they are not the solver to the main issue. Thank you non the less :)

Andreas

Well, another possibility would be to follow the in-game mechanics: Zone some farm fields first, let them grow, and then re-zone with residential and commercial development as you like.

Andreas

gn_leugim

yes, that has been the workarround I 've used for a while, but not quite the same thing, hence the quest to change it :) but thank you for your suggestion and for your patience and time guys :)