• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SUM randomly resets profiles

Started by GMT, March 03, 2009, 03:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMT

well...
I have an annoying problem with the recent SUM for quite some time now:
it randomly resets profiles. well, it actually deletes all of them for the respective region I played in.
It happens mainly after crash-like situations, be it game crashes, crashes of the lot editor or when the SUM kills itself while shutting down.
But not only. Sometimes, it even happens after regular shut-downs.

This forces me to re-adjust the plugin settings over and over again which is a real pain in the but because I have many plugins well-organized so I don't lose track.

now, what I'm asking for is either a solution to this problem or, because I can't figure it out myself, a way to make a backup of my profiles so, after another reset, I can just use this instead of setting everything again.

... really, it is. I swear.

Andreas

I had that problem once or twice as well; apparently, the problem occurs if either your game or Windows is acting strangely, causing the stored profile going corrupt (at least that's my assumption). I'm not sure if it ever happened to me during regular gameplay/working with Windows. In any case, make a backup of the SimCity 4 StartupManager.cfg in \My Documents\SimCity 4, this is the file where all regional profile information is stored.
Andreas

GMT

... really, it is. I swear.