• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

MEGA STATION

Started by 0715463494, June 12, 2018, 06:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What you people think of my new mega station design,still only basic i know.

matias93

Interesting concept...
I wouldn't put the vehicular accesses just aside of the rail tracks, as that almost forces you to cross them at grade, creating a severe obstacle for trains there.
Just as that, I feel that sorrounding the entire place with parking lots somewhat isolates the station from their environment: maybe converting some of those on public squares would make more sense, while concentrating the parking on an underground facility.
Also, the central space has a lot of potential, but it needs to be filled by something: waiting areas, commercial stores, etc.
Finally, considering that the station has rail links to all four directions, it would be a bit difficult to locate on a city centre, where terminals are normally built. If you made lines to arrive so close, why not simply connecting them to each other to allow passing commutes? It's something several cities have ended doing with sets of rail terminals (think on the RER B line on Paris, that goes from the Saint Lazare terminal on the north to Montparnasse on the south).

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

I get your point,like i say its just the very basic layout.I put some stuff in the centre,tell me if you think it is appropriate?

vester

Its strange to see a royal castle been turned into a station.
Think the garden is a bit strange on a station.

Slowly but surely getting there $%Grinno$%

911Diva

&apls &apls Looking very nice!!!!! &apls &apls

huzman

Quote from: matias93 on June 12, 2018, 06:53:50 AM
...the entire place with parking lots somewhat isolates the station from their environment... ... concentrating the parking on an underground facility.

I agree with matias. Compare the max capacity of the station with the amount of parking lots, assuming that every body arrives in their cars. The outer ring of parkings could be used for Bus/Underground stations and such. Maybe even the Maxis Parking building which has a lot parkings for a small footprint.

But it is a nice start! Congrats!
« Essayez d'apprendre quelque chose sur tout et tout sur quelque chose. »
             « Try to learn something about everything and everything about something »
                          « Trata de aprender algo sobre todo y todo sobre algo »
                                                                                                    — Thomas Henry Huxley

Hi guys,tell me if you think i am going in the right direction with the inner part,the outer part is still just a blank slate,want to put buses and bus terminals on the outer ring,but have to finish it from the inside out.

Put a bit of trees and flowers,hope it looks alright.

Am i on the right track with the outer ring people ?????? $%Grinno$%

New topic merged with the existing one. -Tarkus/Admin

vester

If you want to change the title that is shown at the front page, edit the title in the first post in the thread.

You guys think this is the right add on for my mega station?

Hi people.I think i am finished with my MEGA STATION.
STATS: 250 000 capacity
         : fully transit enabled for: cars,buses,trains,subway trains and freight trains.A real transport hub i think?

In game i got it up to 95 000 usage so far $%Grinno$%

Please tell me what you guys and girls think please,worked hard and long on this and a lot of planning.     

PaPa-J

Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.