• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3RR-ST - Page 71

Started by dedgren, October 24, 2008, 04:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

This is the SC4D archive of Page 71 of Three Rivers Region at Simtropolis.  Comments are locked for now.

[tabular type=1]
[row] [head colspan=2]
Page 71
[/head] [/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2100  08/15/2008 05:02 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Schulmanator
[/data][data]Always a pleasure to see your inventions! [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2101  08/15/2008 08:59 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dfnva
[/data][data]Road signs!!!! (starts drooling) [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2102  08/16/2008 05:35 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

penguin007
[/data][data]Wow plopable signs. Its amazing to think that for ages people think plopable flora could only be flora now someone has been rebelious and thought you know what we can use this for anything!!!

Will
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2103  08/16/2008 10:21 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

packersfan
[/data][data]That's really nice, ploppable signs...telephone poles...FAR...I really need to start incorporating that stuff  ;)[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2104  08/18/2008 02:18 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Tommy_Vercetti3
[/data][data]Hey David, long time no see.. I see you are still up to that inventions.. heh.

Looking really good.

Ooooh New toys. =] [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2105  08/22/2008 09:36 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]So, last time we asked, "who knows what's coming up next at 3RR?"

How about thermal features?

A hot spring pool...

...Stay on the boardwalk, folks!...

...and a small (25 to 30 foot/7.5 to 9 meter eruption) geyser.

The geyser erupts every 100 game days or so for about three game days, which is a couple of seconds in RL time.  You have to keep an eye on it.

So, there'll be more developments along this line (and a few long-awaited DLs) coming up over at 3RR [linkie].  We'll see you around around the corner, eh?

Tommy (Tommy_Vercetti3)- Hey, great to see your nic again, my friend!  I'll check out Ridge in the next little bit.

Bruce (Schulmanator), Dan (dfnva), Will (penguin007), and Martin (packersfan), thanks for the excellent comments.

Later.

David

63759[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2106  08/22/2008 11:19 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Benedict
[/data][data]The geyser is a fantastic idea, and great addition for rural CJs. Thanks for sharing.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2107  08/25/2008 10:09 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Ryan (burgsabre87/ryanb_SC4) and Matt (threestooges) got together and sorted out a pretty good looking scale stop sign.

We're talking about what signs will be going into the 3RR ploppable roadsign set during the coming week, and would be glad to have your input.

In the meantime, I'm making a handful of ST member ja/att's signs ploppable to use in the interim.

You can DL these over at 3RR [linkie], where they're attached to the posts that discuss them. We'll see you there.

David

63886[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2108  08/25/2008 10:56 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

penguin007
[/data][data]Awesome pics again the geyser looks soo realistic and I love the plopable signs although unfortunately I cant use them as I do european. Cant wait for more and Im getting restless for FAR!!

Will 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2109  08/28/2008 05:11 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

PhilsCafe
[/data][data]Spectacular work as always, David! Great to see that you're not tired of coming up with new stuff. I'm sorry that I haven't been around very much lately.

Take care my old friend!

- Phil 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2110  08/28/2008 05:47 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Shingure
[/data][data]Still some nice stuff coming out as always. I love it! [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2111  09/01/2008 07:49 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Still working on signs.  We've developed an improved plopping setup that allows for multiple clicks in the same plop, thus greatly increasing the odds of single-plop success.

Another interesting development is ploppable seasonal stuff, like Chris's (Chrisadams3997) great Rural Renewal Project stuff.

Spring

Early Summer

Fall

Winter

There's this and lots of other stuff going on over at 3RR [linkie] today.  We'll be seeing you.

Will (penguin077), Andreas Roth and I have been discussing a Euro sign set.  The current work is going really fast, so we'll be taking a look not to far down the road.  Anyone who can give me the metric dimensions of Euro warning and other traffic control signs, I'd be forever in your debt.

Phil (PhilsCafe)- My friend, it is always the best part of my day to fire up 3RR-ST and see your nic.  Hope things are going well- don't be a stranger!

Shingure- Thanks so much for the kind words.

I note that we now, between the just short of 120,000 page views we have at SC4D and 64,000+ we have here, have passed TheJerseyDevil73's great City of EDMONTON and are now in uncharted territory.  Thank you so much, everyone.

David

[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2112  09/02/2008 07:48 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

PhilsCafe
[/data][data]Hey David. How's it going my friend? You can't believe how much I missed to go through all the CJs. I had my semester finals earlier last month and I had been very busy with studying this summer. But now that they're finished, I enjoy the time here on ST a lot. Especially visiting 3RR is always a priority to me, because I know, everytime I come here, something special awaits me. Like the stop sign which is a small detail, but an important one... I never liked the white hand on red ground stop sign. Makes you believe that Sims can't read at all. And the ploppable seasonal stuff is a great idea and complements all the existing seasonal woods very well. I can imagine that this could be a nice feature in Sterling one day.

Take care!

- Phil

PS: I like the fact that you still update 3RR-ST. For people who don't visit SC4D very often, it is a great service.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2113  09/02/2008 09:23 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]hiya david hows you my friend,wonderfull trees excellent work [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2114  09/08/2008 09:28 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

un1
[/data][data]pretty tree's dedgren. I wan't those to be realesed NOW!!!! or to see more...

-un1 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2115  09/02/2008 09:44 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

haljackey
[/data][data]Its always great to see 3RR updated @ ST. It really sums up what's been going on @ SC4D.

You're getting closer to hitting 65,000 views... That's quite a milestone. And yes, when you factor in the views @ SC4D you have surpassed the famous COE (City of Edmonton). Wow, just wow...

Best,
-Haljackey 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2116  09/04/2008 07:06 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Today its more progress on retexturing the Wide Curves/FAR and FARR.  We're hoping for a full up beta release in the next few days.

FAR Level Railroad Crossing

90 Degree 2x2 Wide Curve

We've even added another wide curve - a 45 degree 2x2 wide curve.

So, as usual, there's a lot going on over at 3RR [linkie].  We'll be seeing you.  un1, we've even set up a mini-exchange, the 3RREX [linkie], so there'll be one-stop shopping for 3RR stuff like the seasonal tree lots.

EDIT:  Thanks, Isaac (masochist), for catching the broken link to the 3RREX!  Fixed.

David

64300[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2117  09/04/2008 07:22 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

flyinbird93
[/data][data]Nice update, although looking at FAR really makes me jelous  ;D i particuarly like the hot spring. thats pretty cool and quite unique to a sim city 4 city!  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2118  09/04/2008 10:57 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

masochist
[/data][data]Hmmm...the link for the 3RREX is was broken, so here's a fixed one:

[Three-Rex]

Good stuff there  ;)... 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2119  09/04/2008 01:40 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

PhilsCafe
[/data][data]That is so neat, David! We need smaller radius curves... amazing work my friend! And thank you so much for providing the link to the 3RREX.

Keep it up!

- Phil 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2120  09/06/2008 12:58 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]It's been a while since I've posted an ST Exclusive...

The rail wide radius curve/FARR retexturing is done.  Here's what you will be able to do shortly.

There's a lot more detail about these and some announcements coming up over at 3RR [linkie].  If you are interested in being in the beta test once we open it up, please give me a post here or there.  I'll be I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone does with them.

David

64453[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2121  09/06/2008 01:03 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

un1
[/data][data]Stop teasing us. :P I can't wait to see more FAR.

-un1
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2122  09/06/2008 01:10 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

PhilsCafe
[/data][data]Hey David! These look just amazing... I'd love to test them. It's gonna be interesting to see what is possible with the wide radius curves.

- Phil 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2123  09/06/2008 01:17 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Dsrwhat316
[/data][data]Just totally amazing... the possibilities are endless with the FARR! I'd love to test these out myself; this would make me use rail more and more!

~ Dan 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2124  09/06/2008 01:25 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

penguin007
[/data][data]Lovely pics there again cant wait for it to come out feels like ages from when it started!!! Are you doing euro textures for the roads??

Will 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2125  09/06/2008 09:51 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

suplado!
[/data][data]cool pics, really like the way those rail curves...a really great addition into the game [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2126  09/07/2008 02:10 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]hiya david hows you my friend,these sure are wonderfull rail curves.  [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2127  09/08/2008 10:07 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]I'm striking the tent, so to speak, on the doodle township I set up to test the wide curves, FAR and FARR in the game.  Here's a couple of final pics before it disappears into cyber-oblivion.

We're going to be moving on over at 3RR [linkie] and returning to some other projects we had in progress.  The private beta test of the FAR/FARR/Wide Radius Curves started yesterday- the public beta is probably about two weeks away.  Again, if you are interested in being a beta tester once we open it up and you haven't let me know recently, please give me a post here or over at SC4D.  The public release will be with the next NAM update, which will come when it comes.

David

64541[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2128  09/08/2008 11:34 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

PhilsCafe
[/data][data]For once, I followed your linkie to post over at SC4D (you'll recognise me from the Avril Lavigne avatar... hehe). As I said, this looks simply amazing.

- Phil 
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#2129  09/09/2008 12:19 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]excellent curves my friend [/data][/row]

[row][data][/data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]