• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT14

I am still excited about that power station from a few pages back.

FrankU

I'm getting lost here.....
But this is indeed a gorgeous set.  &apls

Simmer2

Thank you Gugu3, CT14 and FrankU

RRW sleeper and ballast less overlays are almost done. I have added over a dozen more configurations, re-did a few and created a new quad standard for yards modularity sake.

I have now just started working with the GLR standard and boy is it different, its a whole new beast that requires twice the time and twice the amount of pieces to make some configuration where Single Track Rails are called for.
GLR inherently is a network that lacks STR within the game, only a few pieces were ever created and they are usually found on lots and some rare puzzle pieces, namely the stations roundabouts on streets, roads and avenue pieces.
The pixel spacing between tracks is odd, not even like the RRW thus making the creation of STR configs a bit harder.
However the end result is that less configurations are needed due to the lack of a functional GLR single track rail network.
Because this pack is going to be used exclusively on lots I may ultimately change the rail gauge by 1 pixel in order to make things easier for STR pieces creations. (I'm still mulling the problem over).

Later last night I created a few pieces and here they are. (Art and or Frank, I apologize in advance for the size of the second pic but I did not want to take away the size perspective even though I changed its size slightly to make it smaller.)
As far as I know these pieces do not exist in game therefore I took the liberty to make them with a bit more realism (longer smoother curves) therefore you wont find 90 degree curves within a single tile such as the ones that already exist in game.
But that can still change, we will see.

GLR1

GLR2

This piece, like the "SC4 Trains Black Hole" was made with RRW parts and its for entertainment only  :D
Find the track that leads in and out within itself..... :popcorn:

________________________________________________________________________________

rivit

:laugh: the perfect audition track for prospective drivers....

belfastsocrates

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

As promised, here you will find the RRW version of the sleepers and ballast less texture set. http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3357

Thank you Rivit (Ron) for creating the necessary tools to make this a reality &apls

Here are a few configs, just a few examples. The pack includes enough pieces to satisfy even Frank  :D

________________________________________________________________________________

Alan_Waters

With Maxis rails can be combined?

Simmer2

Quote from: Alan_Waters on April 08, 2016, 07:52:30 AM
With Maxis rails can be combined?

No but that is coming next, the GLR set I'm making will be compatible with Maxis rail network.

Nick

Alan_Waters

Thank you Nick! You do wonders. I hope that can help such an admirable job holders Maxis rail in the future.

Themistokles

Great set, much needed! :thumbsup:

Where have you found these Danish-Swedish trains in the last picture (the upper-most passenger trains)?
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Simmer2

Thank you Alan Waters and Thermistokles

Thermistokles, if you are referring to the subway wagons and the ones with the red pantographs, they are my own, perhaps one day I will share them  ;)

I'm now working on a GLR rail set and a massive Tram Depot to complement the last one I made. A new rail color scheme, which I designed just for this latest project, will debut with the Tram Depot.

Nick

Themistokles

Quote from: Simmer2 on April 09, 2016, 11:39:58 AM
Thermistokles, if you are referring to the subway wagons and the ones with the red pantographs, they are my own, perhaps one day I will share them  ;)

They look so much like the Øresundståg trains used over here. I've been all over the internet looking for something like that... You bet I'll be looking forward to that day! ;)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

rkelly17

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question, so feel free to direct me elsewhere as necessary.

I absolutely love all of your rail oriented lots. They are truly a rail nut's dream. I'm looking forward to using the massive power plant. Now all I need is an equivalent massive coal mine and flood loader to put in an adjacent city. Now, if only we could have unit coal trains!  ;D

I just downloaded the intermodal yard and, after reading the fine PDF manual you did, downloaded all the dependencies and installed one and all. Then I built the yard and caught the curse of the brown boxes near the lake at the end of the three dead-end tracks. Hmmm. I rechecked all of the dependencies and which NAM version (34). Still the curse held. I downloaded the old PEG mod that replaces the brown boxes with the flags so I could get a better view of where exactly the problem is. The attached photo is the result. I opened the lot in Lot Editor and the offending props appear to be 0x345f3196_SM2_IM_NUTS_Railroad_Bumper_US---####. In Lot Editor's props window when I click on the blue boxes for all the surrounding props, they are present and accounted for, but when I click on the blue boxes for the six instances of the bumpers nothing is highlighted. There is also nothing visible at the spots where the instances ought to be. I checked and the prop does appear in the list that comes up for "Add a Prop," but nothing appears on the lot.

I've noticed that several people are reporting this issue and thought this might be of some help in figuring out what is going on. You are doing great work and I'm looking forward to more.

Simmer2

Hello rkelly17

Even though I could not replicate the issue I still fixed it and posted an update on the LEX and on the STEX.
Please re-download the zip file and follow the instructions I posted on both download pages.
Thank you for bring it up.

PS. A coal mine with related industry lots are on my list to do to complement the Coal Power Plant.
As soon as the author uploads the models I will complete that project.

Simmer2/Nick

rkelly17

Thank you, Nick. That fixed the problem.  :thumbsup:  As always, great service here at SC4D. I am looking forward to the coming coal mine.

Your engine shop is another great piece. It got me thinking that you could take the square building and create a car shop for freight car repair using just that building and approach and exit tracks. It looks just like the Canadian Pacific's car shops in Sudbury, Ontario. My model railroad club (http://sudburydivision.ca/) is working on a scale replica, but the original is still visible from Google Earth. Nowadays car shops are a bit more frequent than locomotive shops, which are down to very, very few here in North America.

Bob

Simmer2

Quote from: rkelly17 on April 10, 2016, 07:23:13 AM
Thank you, Nick. That fixed the problem.  :thumbsup:  As always, great service here at SC4D. I am looking forward to the coming coal mine.

Your engine shop is another great piece. It got me thinking that you could take the square building and create a car shop for freight car repair using just that building and approach and exit tracks. It looks just like the Canadian Pacific's car shops in Sudbury, Ontario. My model railroad club (http://sudburydivision.ca/) is working on a scale replica, but the original is still visible from Google Earth. Nowadays car shops are a bit more frequent than locomotive shops, which are down to very, very few here in North America.

Bob

rkelly17. I looked at that area and found several yards, 2 of them match your description, in order to get a good look at it's layout I would need the exact location and since your club is making a replica, perhaps some pics besides the Google map one, would be a great starting point.

Nick

Golhbul

I spent just congratulate you for your work ...

By against a question bothers me .... When you sleep?

Simmer2

Quote from: Golhbul on April 10, 2016, 02:34:17 PM
I spent just congratulate you for your work ...

By against a question bothers me .... When you sleep?

I don't sleep.
You did not know? What do you think Simmer2 stands for? Simulated Intelligent Machine Made Entity Revision 2

Here is a dream someone had a while ago. He wished this location to became part of SC4 and I have been busy stitching pixels to make it happen.
belfastsocrates here is a small part of the Gogar Depot in Edinburgh, Just a tiny section....
The original one has a base made with crushed red bricks and white concrete sleepers under the tracks.

The real one.

Work In Progress

belfastsocrates

Oh my!!! Such a tease :D

This is very very exciting. Something completely unique and a credit to your texture skills

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

c.p.

Wow, you've been busy :o

Some great stuff in this thread, especially the texture work :thumbsup: