• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krio

First of 83 :P

I haven't visited in this MD for long time, but I like what I see. The NAM-curves espically looks excellent and so do your industrial areas, but it would look more realistic if you would reduce the amount of trees. So much pollution would kill those trees in real life  ()sad()

bat

A very nice residential part there and the pictures are great! :thumbsup:

Congrats on more than 600 replies!! &apls

TheTeaCat

Great update mate :thumbsup:

Ah the tea I can handle  :D :D but reading all of your MD took one evening ::)  just to appreciate it all ;D and go back and re-appreciate it and see the bits I'd missed. But now I'm up to date it will be easy to keep up with what you do :D

Now I've been looking round Balnavia and i cant see a Teashop  $%Grinno$% I do hope there is one somewhere (and possibly some accommodation too, sleeping rough on the streets does my fur no good at all  $%Grinno$% )

Belated Anniversary wishes too on one year for your MD &apls

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

thundercrack83

Another splendid update, my friend! Love the NAM Avenue curves, especially. Keep up the good work!

Dustin

paroch

Well, here's the 5th of 83!!

Yeah, those NAM curves are sweeet indeed, and I like the junction near the KFC - great way to get rid of those pesky loose ends on the ground highway exits!

Great use of the big grey boulders on the coastline there.  And it would appear that tennis is becoming the national sport of Balnavia  ;)

A splendidly spiffing update - congrats  :thumbsup:

sebes

6th of 83 replies:
Yeah- the elevated highway - I see. I feel a complete idiot now  &ops ... So I start hiding in a quiet corner and will consider if I will ever dare to show up again.
But anyhow, next time IF you want to make such an junction, you better raise the highway my australian friend!  Having that said I run and hide  ()lurker()
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Jmouse

#7 checking in!

Love that avenue overpass and NAM curve. You're just too good at all things transport! Once again, the shoreline catches my eye - what a gorgeous view for those lucky Sims! The parking lots look great in game, and the playground next to the ferry is a good idea - the kids can play while everyone waits for the boat.

I think Paul is right about "the national sport of Balnavia!"  :D The courts do look good, though, especially the ones you lotted. Also I see a hint of curved rail in the last photo. Care to show a bit more of that layout?!

And I'm glad to see a "mindless Dave comment" at last -- no fair getting serious on us! ::)

Until next time...
Joan

CasperVg

That is looking splendid there. I like how you have set up the avenue to carry (all) traffic to and from the industrial area.
Although, advertisements near highways are banned in Belgium, as they distract drivers, they look really nice near the motorway. The slopes you are using for the bridges are really realistic. Great work!

Let me give you another pair of glasses: &smrt
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Pat

Im proud # 9 here to check in and dave i sure do hope you dont wait till you get 83 comments before posting anther update cause I can easily take care of

Naw I could never do that to you dave but I sure do hope to see more soon  :thumbsup:  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Only you can prevent firefighter fires... in all seriousness (and with no fun meant to be had at any firefighter's expense) especially with the streak of fires we had here in southern CA some months ago... great update. This'll get you to #10, and the residential area looks like a pretty nice place to live. I like the tennis court and, though they might not see the factories through the trees, I can only wonder what will fill that currently empty space in between. I'm a bit curious about the positioning of the disabled spaces near the trail. Are they meant for patrons to utilize the paths, or the pier? I would almost expect to see the disabled spaces closer to the trail opening, but then again I may be miissing something. I'll look forward to the next update. Take it easy.
-Matt

peacemaker23

wow....i mean wow, ive been watching your region grow ever since i joined and its just great. i live colse to the real ballina in nsw and i was very interested to see your version....it wouldve been very good if there had been a big prawn lot you could have put in there  :P and im wondering when you will start to create lismore as i also live close to there too and am interested in seeing it also.

tooheys

Replies:

Krio: Good to see you dropping by. Point taken re the trees although you'd be surprised as to how green some of our industrial estates are here. We must grow our trees tough downunder  :D And my 600th reply, thanks, will have to find a suitable landmark to celebrate the occassion.

bat: Thanks bat, and you've been here all the way.

TheTeaCat: Lol Derry, don't worry about accommodation, I set aside at least one home in each city for my special guests.
I'm sure there's a teashop somewhere, let you know when I find it  :)

thundercrack83: Thanks Dustin

paroch: Afraid the sims are getting a bit bored with tennis, so I'm providing them with an exciting new game  ::)

sebes: Sebes, no worries, your welcome here anytime. With all my empty tiles I'm sure there will be an elevated hwy somewhere and I'll make sure I show a pic of the "Sebes Interchange" at the first opportunity  :thumbsup:.

Jmouse: Thanks Joan. Your both right about the tennis courts , they stand out a bit more now so I need to cut back a little.
That playground has a bit of a reputation, parents hopping on the ferry and leaving their little brats darlings behind. Honest mistakes of course.

caspervg: I like the slope mod but it can also be a real pain in the butt sometimes, especially the rail slope. Thanks for the comments, and you realise I'll be looking for a new set of glasses each visit  :D

Pat: Jeez i hate spam, both versions. Lol Pat, yeah I don't think I'll wait for all those replies or there may never be another update  :o

threestooges: Of course there meant for the pier  $%Grinno$% Nice pick up Matt. Still working on that empty space so you'll have to wait a little longer. Thanks for the comments.

peacemaker23: Well I'm glad I've caught your interest, but I have to say the cities are not based on RL (as you may have noticed). Given that most of the readers are not from Downunder, I took the easy way out and used Aussie place names rather than make up my own (my secret is out). By the way I lived in Lismore for a couple of years when i was younger. Did years 8 & 9 at Kadina High. Thanks for dropping by.

Woolongong:

Jeez I've been busy lately. Still working on a full update but I wanted to show this pic from Woolongong.

My latest LE work, a suburban cricket ground which I'm somewhat proud of. As I said my sims are getting a bit bored with tennis.

Will post a full update ASAP.

Dave

pipishere

It's been a while since i last stopped by and i seemed to have missed quite a bit!

Roseville looks sublime and that is sure alot of heavy traffic!! Woolongong looks cool too and i love what you've done with that Cricket ground...looks just like the one in my village!!  :D

I hope to catch your next update soon! :)

bat

Fantastic LE work there, tooheys! Great picture!

Looking forward to the full update...

tooheys

Just in case you don't know the origins of  "I don't like cricket, oh no, i love it" , just listen to THIS

paroch

Hi Dave,

Oh you teaser you!  But what a teaser it is.  The BEST cricket lot I've seen - easy, well done.

The shadows across the pitch just make it look better still, the sort of nice surprise that happens from time to time.

Jmouse

I've already commented in the Dave-a-lots thread, so now I'll just say I'm looking forward to seeing that full update.

Joan

Pat

Dave I agree with Joan here and I know SPAM Yuck!!! lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Aaahh, Cricket...A game with lots of ins and outs, played by Gentlemen in white with red balls. The rules are simple:
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.
Each man that's in the side that's in, goes out, and when he's out, he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.
When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.
Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When both sides have been in and out including the not-outs, that's the end of the game. Howzat?

Then its time for TEA :D :D

At least now my neck won't get so sore watching paint dry tennis ::)

Looks good Dave :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

thundercrack83

Sorry to hear that you've been busy, my friend--sometimes life throws us for a loop.

The cricket grounds in Woolongong look great, though, I must say! And cricket is a sport that has always intrigued me. Don't know much about it, just that there's a bunch of position and that a "long stop" has no relation to the "shortstop" in baseball! But anyway...

I look forward to seeing more of your updates, my friend, and don't let life get too busy!

Dustin