• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Waterbus Terminal

Started by vester, March 23, 2007, 04:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Much better yet again. :) I think some of those sims should rather sit on the bench, or lean against the guard-rail instead of just standing there. Other than that, I'd say it's finished. Most excellent! :thumbsup:
Andreas

vester

Is this better ?

Quote from: kimcar on April 12, 2009, 11:36:39 AM
....do without less people ?

Would that be a version with less people or with out any ?

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kimcar

I think with less would be better, cause it`s gonna look like still life in this section , but it`s up to you. You are the master ()stsfd()

tag_one

Looks excellent oh mighty canal master  :thumbsup:

vester

Quote from: tag_one on April 13, 2009, 02:19:07 AM
Looks excellent oh mighty canal master  :thumbsup:

Thank you.

Here is a new stop that I have started playing around with:

It's inspired by a landing of the Canal and Harbour tours in Copenhagen:

On the other side of the canal is the Christiansborg Castle Church and the Danish Parliament.
This place in a few years is going to be a construction site for a metro stations.

Still playing around with this one.

allan_kuan1992

Umm... to me... it appears that docks 1 and 2 have the same amount of dock space...

- Allan Kuan

Diggis

Thats a great looking model Vester.  My only comment is it seems out of place with the canals.  It looks like it would be a landing at the bottom of a large plaza or something.  I've been trying to think what you could to to tie it in more with the canal style.   &mmm

Maybe make the walls out of the same brick and leave the floor/ground the one you have.  Or just bring in some detail elements into the walls using the brick.  And maybe make the railing closer to the one on top of the canals...

Don't get rid of that version though.  I could see a large civic square in a similar brick with that at the bottom of it.

vester

I will try to add some of the feature/shapes from SG's canals, like coloums ect.

On the version with Cal's textures, dirt will be added to the textures later on.

kimcar

&apls &apls Oh yes . th e last one looking so good too. That`s great to have many choice :thumbsup:

vester

Thank you, Kimcar.

Haven't reworked the textures yet:

vester

Here is in-game picture of it:

art128

That is looking really great there Arne  !  :thumbsup:
I really love the texture used, its looks very nice !  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Jmouse

Wonderful job of texturing, Arne - you couldn't have chosen a better one. These, along with your ferries, are going to be a great addition to the game.

Later...
Joan

joelyboy911

Any chance of something similar for Maxis Water?

I know that, like maxis highways, I am the the only person who prefers the maxis water and ferries, but these would look nice with the water taxi automata by (erm, I forgot, but they add a new variety without subtracting the old, and UDI seems to pick by chance).
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

vester

Joelyboy: Are you talking about the terminals/stops or the ferries ?