• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Waterbus Terminal

Started by vester, March 23, 2007, 04:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Looks good mate, nearly ready to go.

kimcar

:thumbsup:Yeap . Can`t wait for use them

vester

Thanks for the comments.

The first rendering of it with Cal's textures:

kimcar

Oh yes . This is a great looking with this canal  :thumbsup: Thanks for do it vester

vester

You are welcome kimcar and thank you for your comments.

Is on a bit of a roll:

A first draft for a simpler stop.

io_bg

&apls Looks great with the Cal's canals! :thumbsup: A suggestion about the canal stop - I think it would look better with a wider "entrance" (I mean the the thing that connects the dock with the canals walls).
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

vester

How wide would you make the entrance bridge ? 1,5 m ? 2 m ? 3 m ?

Diggis

At least 2m.  3 would probably be better.

CasperVg

I would have to agree with Diggis on the width for the entrance bridge, the way it is now only allows people to walk in one direction at a time (not very efficient, and dangerous in case of an emergency)

One way to make the water buses 'functional' would be to mod them as subway stations, thus giving the users the ability to connect the various stations using subways. People would get to the water bus station as pedestrian, use a dedicated 'subway' system to transport from station A to B, and would become pedestrians at station B again. I think someone else used this technology before, but I'm not sure tho.

The buses themselves could be made as eye candy lots that can be plopped onto the canals.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

SimNation

Great to see your making them for Cals Canals to. I deeply appreciate that effort.  &apls

vester

Andreas

It's definitely starting to take shape.  :thumbsup:
Andreas

vester

Thank you Andreas.

Still adding stuff:

CasperVg

Agreed, it's looking like an awesome new creation to have lots of fun with. The shape of the shelter is very particular, I like it.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

kimcar

:thumbsup: I like the shape of this one too , and as for the wider entrance great move to done it. Have fun

Sciurus

Excellent, but I don't really like the second, because there's not enough movement, but good &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

vester

Quote from: Sciurus on April 10, 2009, 02:58:00 AM
...because there's not enough movement,...

Not sure I understand what you mean ?

vester

Still adding details:

Not sure about the new shelter, it's closer but still need some work.

vester

Reworked the shelter again :P

Added some more details.

kimcar

:thumbsup:Excellent details that you put on. Sorry to ask but do you think that you gonna do without less people ? Just for making different.