• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK w2w Copenhagen Court House

Started by vester, November 12, 2008, 01:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

I've been following your progress over the last few days, but was way too busy with preparing and translating the new NAM stuff, so I didn't have a chance to reply sooner... This is really some great work you're showing here; very nice models, excellent textures and quite a few interesting details. I like the mural in particular, very unique, and it adds a special atmosphere (and I love the night, so it's the proper topic for me!. :)
Andreas

vester

Thanks for your comments.
Quote from: Fabian93 on May 14, 2010, 10:03:42 AM
This would be a great transition piece from suburbs to W2W buildings :thumbsup:
Well, walking around Copenhagen, you will see quite a few of these lower houses in between 5 stores building (the max size in the old days)

Quote from: kwakelaar on May 15, 2010, 01:21:53 AM
I hope you will be considering making the different buildings as separate bats/props.
Yes I am going to make them into separate props.
Just placing them on one "lot" to get a feeling of how they work together.

Have started working on a new w2w. This time one from Copenhagen.
It's not one special building, but just inspired by the city.
Nothing to show yet.

vester

Did a testlot to see how the buildings look in-game:

The lights in the building on the left, doesn't show up even the settings are on and there are night textures on the sc4model.

Orange_o_

Bravo they offer a beautiful variety of architectural styles  :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

vester

Thanks Orange.

Here is something new:

This is inspired by w2ws in Copenhagen. No particular building.

vester

Here is an update:

Still need to add some details around the windows.

Let me hear what you think ! Comments are more than welcome.

CasperVg

Looks like you're working on another masterpiece, Arne. Looking forward to seeing it grow already  :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

kwakelaar

The combination of the different bats look very nice, and great work with the new building as well.

vester

... and here is another one in the same style:

Thanks for your comments. Glade you like them.

vester

Here is an update:

Start working on the back. The timber work takes a lot of time to do.

manchou

Great! But for my the color are too flashy ^^ and walls are too clean ^^ But it's a good BAT   :thumbsup:
My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

vester

Thanks manchou.

Don't worry about the texture. It's just a working texture.

Will dirt it up later on.

turtle

Hi Vester,
Great work on both the Roskilde and Copenhagen buildings. Having lived in Roskilde I do remember the actual building you're making and you certainly did a great job. I like the phototexture, it adds a lot of realism. Living in Copenhagen I hope you will release those new buildings one day  :) I guess you only intend the woodwork to be showing on the backside of the buildings? I think that's a great idea to add some backyard feel to them.
My name is Thomas...

vester

Here is an update:

Finished up the back.

Quote from: turtle on May 27, 2010, 07:46:09 AM
Hi Vester,
I guess you only intend the woodwork to be showing on the backside of the buildings? I think that's a great idea to add some backyard feel to them.

Try to a walk down Christianshavn, down Overgaden Oven Vandet, to the block between Sofiegade and Store Søndervoldstrædet .
Walk into backyard you will see this woodwok that is only showing on the back. There should be other places around Copenhagen with this as well.

vester

Have done mirrored version of the one in the post above:

Started to work on a corner w2w:

These "cut off" corner is seen all around Copenhagen. In the old days, they were introduced to make room for the fire engine to get around the corners in the narrow streets of the old city.

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

manchou

My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

CasperVg

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

vester

Thanks for your comments. Glad you like the bats.

Here is an update:

Haven't started on the inside and the back of the building.

riiga

Just fantastic!  &apls

- riiga