• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK San Andreas Church

Started by vester, February 23, 2007, 05:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

I have started a new project.

Its base on a small rural church. Well in fact the second smallest in Denmark: Kornerup Kirke.

The church is building some where between 1100-1200.

The church is consecrated to San Andreas, that is where the name for the SC version comes from.

M4346

This looks rather quaint! :) I like it! Well done thus far!  &apls
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

praiodan

Like it. Will be great for any rural community/ smaller town... can't wait to see further progress!

RippleJet

That is one cute little church. :thumbsup:
How many can squeeze in there?

The tower looks just a tiny little bit too small. You might want to increase its size just a fraction (probably both the width and the height).

bat

Citynut

Looking really good nice comparison of the real thing. look forward to the finished project
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

mickebear

I like the model that you have chosen, not too complicated, yet with full of history.

snorrelli

Nice rural church to model. Will be a challenge to texture and weather this one, since the white walls and red steeple are so bright in reality...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

sebes

That is a cute church, that will fit very will in rural villages... I suppose there is a little cemetary around it as well?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jacqulina

wow thats a great little church my friend

metasmurf

vester

Thanks for all your comments. Please keep them coming.
Here is a quick update. Still not textures on it, just change the colors of the different parts.

Still need to add windows and doors, and a few other minor things.

Couchpotato

This will be great in our small cities and rural areas.  Much needed.   &apls

joelevan

On a historical/architectural note...I don't know much about the spread of Christianity in this part of the world, but it is interesting to see that the church is not built in the shape of a cross like you see through much of the middle and southern Europe. Does anyone have a cultural reason why that is?

This is a great model! I am going to love having it!

Joel

bat

Great changing of the colours! Great progress! :thumbsup:

Cali

beautiful colors, we need more small churches, they are alot more impressive than massive ones ,great work &apls
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

vester

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

oldrogue

Very nice, I know that I will certainly be using that one as soon as it comes out.... &apls..

Joel, that is a great question, hope somebody has the answer %confuso
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

vester

Quote from: joelevan on February 28, 2007, 07:35:47 AM
On a historical/architectural note...I don't know much about the spread of Christianity in this part of the world, but it is interesting to see that the church is not built in the shape of a cross like you see through much of the middle and southern Europe. Does anyone have a cultural reason why that is?

This is a great model! I am going to love having it!

Joel

Well if you look at the churches in Denmark, they all have (the old ones at least) the tower (if any) toward the west and the choir toward the east. Then most have a porch (translated from Danish: weapon house) toward the south. Have no idea why this is.