• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Power Inc.

Started by vester, September 29, 2011, 04:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Have started working batting this powerstation that have thinking of doing for quite sometime: Svanemøllewærket / Swane Mill Powerstation.

Not sure about the size of the back (the high part). Think I need to scale it on x and y axis.

Think this going to be a biggest bat to date.

and a zoom on the city arms:

Might just need to scale this.

turtle

That's pretty awesome. I have passed it daily the last 6 months and always thought it would be an excellent addition to SC. Even contemplated to try to bat it myself.

It looks great already! excellent texture for the bricks. But I think you should keep the DONG energy logo instead of simcity.

&apls
My name is Thomas...

metarvo

Good job!  I especially like the roof texture and the lighting.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

art128

Looking already lovely, Arne! I really like the sense of humor with the "Simcity Energy" sign!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Here is an update:

Click to enlarge.
Gone are the blue boxes.

Click to enlarge.

vester

Things are started to come together:

metarvo

Needless to say, the smokestacks add so much character to the building.  :thumbsup:
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

Aaron Graham

Looks great, I think you need to increase the size of the bricks on your wall so we can see the brick details a little. :)

Keep it up.
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

cogeo

Excellent job!!! How big will the lot be?

I have a small request, now that you have the textures (and you can definitely reuse parts of the modelling work), could you please make a smaller version too? It would be useful for small cities.

Here is a small power plant on the STEX. I have remodded and relotted it, and I use it extensively. But it's an old BAT and has problems (glitches) with its nitewindows, and the bricks are unrealistically red. I could send you the lot to take a look, if you are interested.

vester

Thank you both.

Cogeo: Which part of the building would you prefer ?

Not sure about the lot, the lods will be 83.1 x 180,8 m.

Got a bit tired of filling in windows and other details,
so I worked a little more on the night lights:

Had to make all the small windows at the front buildings.

Maybe I will do another one:

Dieselhouse

or maybe part of the plant next to it:

H. C. Ørstedværket / The H. C. Ørsted Powerplant.

Dieselhouse is the one on the left.

rooker1

I'm in love with that building.
&bis&

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Kitsune

Quote from: rooker1 on October 03, 2011, 04:23:23 PM
I'm in love with that building.
&bis&

Robin &apls

so am I... this is going to be a very useful plant.
~ NAM Team Member

art128

I do agree with the comments above, stunning job so far Arne!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

cogeo

Quote from: vester on October 03, 2011, 02:46:16 PM
Cogeo: Which part of the building would you prefer ?

Not sure about the lot, the lods will be 83.1 x 180,8 m.

Yeah, this is a big one.

I don't have any specific preference about the model, just any part that could be fitted in a small lot and still looking like a coal (and why not, oil as well - if you make the other one too  ;D) power plant. Below is a pic of how I have relotted the model from the STEX:

Neither the model has to be like that, nor the lot be 4x2 (but not 4x4 either). I guess you get what I mean: something smaller than the ingame one.

vester

That is an ugly one! Bright red bricks, wow!

Quote from: cogeo on October 08, 2011, 11:04:46 AM
Neither the model has to be like that, nor the lot be 4x2 (but not 4x4 either). I guess you get what I mean: something smaller than the ingame one.

Not sure what I can squeezes down on a 4x2 lot. I will try at one time.

Still working on the bat. Almost finish the nightlight. Still some details to work on.

vester

How about this start:

At the moment its 19.4 x 27.8 m.

vester

Got the basic lines in place:

Think I will change the teextures on the chimney.

The size is 36,9 x 27,1 m

EDIT:
How about this change of textures:

vester

Added some more details to the small powerplant:

rooker1

Ohhhhh.
More progress.  I have no complaints at all.  Perfectly done Arne!!
I can't wait to get my hands on these two.
Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

metarvo

Nice work!  I like that brick texture very much, even though you've toned it down a lot from the Lego-bright red RL one.  On the topic of small power plants, I remember it being shown once in the Show us your Power Grids thread that much of the space taken by a power plant complex consists of parking and outbuildings rather than the actual generators themselves.  So, the small facilities could be used for that application as well as limited-space environments (such as cities).  It sounds to me like the plant itself (minus any other lot features such as parking) could actually fit on a 3×2 lot.  If 4×2 won't work, then what about 4×3?  That would at least be a 4-tile savings versus the 4×4 Maxis coal plant which has been a staple of every major installment of the game.