• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Translation Request for new Repository BAT

Started by cogeo, April 29, 2010, 02:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cogeo

Hi all,

I have just made a new BAT/Lot, as an alternative for use with the Census Repository query, finding the original ones rather hard to blend in my cities, architectutally. In addtion, this one becomes available early on (4000 C+I population), without having to nearly hit a cap first, or plopping a building that lifts I-Ag caps, in a city that you don't want agricultural development.

Here is a pic:

And a night shot:

I have named this building "Chamber of Commerce and Industry".

If you are interested in this lot, you are kindly requested to help with translating it to your own language (dl the attachment). More specifically:
- Native English speakers: please check the wording AND the terminology, so that the whole thing ("offer" message, explanations, menus etc) makes sense. Eg some would replace "business association" with "business federation"; you may even suggest changing the building's title, if you find that another name would be more appropriate.
- Other language speakers: please translate the LTEXTs to their own language. Don't bother with changing the group IDs to your language's ones, I can do this myself (or change them if you know how to do it and you're willing so). If you wish to make a translation, please post in this thread, so as to avoid duplicate work.

Hope you like it.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

tag_one

Will do a Dutch translation this afternoon  :)

Andreas

Andreas

WC_EEND

I'm not a native Engish speaker, but I'll check the English version anyway.

EDIT: corrected a few errors in the English version
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

turtle

My name is Thomas...

tag_one

Here's the Dutch version. I changed the GID as well and it seems to work fine in game. BTW, lovely building!  :thumbsup:

cogeo

@Girafe, tag_one, Andreas and turtle: Many thanks for translating this lot!  :thumbsup:

So now we have French (+3), German (+4), Dutch (+7) and Danish (+8), in addition to International English!

@WC_EEND: Many thanks for checking the English version! So your proposed changes are:
- Replace "Provides you detailed Information..." with "Provides you with detailed Information...". Well, i think the former isn't wrong either. Did a small search: Googled "provides you detailed information" (with quotes - exact phrase) and found 5,500,000 results; "provides you with detailed information" returns 230,000! However, dictionaries indeed suggest using "with"! Don't know.
- Replace "Commercial plus Industrial Population: 4000" with "Commercial and Industrial Population: 4000" Again, I'm not sure. I'm afraid though that using "and" instead of "plus" could make some users think that both the commercial and industrial population(s) should be at least 4000 (not the total). And is "plus" really wrong?
- You have changed some whitespace characters (blanks). Was this intentional? (they're unimportant nevertheless).
I think a native English speaker could help us here (anyone please?  %confuso). Thanks anyway!  :)

catty

Quote from: cogeo on May 02, 2010, 02:20:58 PM
...I think a native English speaker could help us here (anyone please?  %confuso). Thanks anyway!  :)

"Provides you with detailed Information...".    :thumbsup:

"Commercial and Industrial Population: 4000"   :thumbsup:

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

cogeo

Thank you all for your translations and your help!  :thumbsup:

I'm going to combine the translated files now, and hopefully release it within the weekend.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Andreas

Thanks for the reminder, I've attached the German version below. I already made the ID shift for the German LTEXT files, so you can simply copy those into your DAT. I kept my own term for the industrial and commercial population, rather than using the somewhat unusual term the German SC4 version is using.
Andreas

RippleJet

And here's the Swedish translation. All Group ID's are readily shifted. ;)

cogeo

Once more, thank you all for your translations!  :thumbsup:

The BAT has been released now. [liNKIE]