• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mackay... or, The Real Australia

Started by adroman, October 18, 2009, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adroman

Welcome to THE REAL AUSTRALIA,

I was relatively new to the MD concept, but after trawling through many, many pages of excellent work I decided "this can't be too hard..."... Also, I while I was looking at the MD's I decided one of two things: recreations seemed hard, the American and European styles were a bit overused and there wasn't a true blue Australian MD...

Contents...
Page 2..................................Update 2, Replies
Page 3..................................Update 2.5, Update 3
Page 4..................................Update 3.5, New region shot, Update 4
Page 5..................................Update 4.5
Page 6..................................The Best Seller Address, A bit of a bridge
Page 7..................................Update 5 - Balnagown
Page 8..................................Update 6 - Mackay Airport MKI
Page 9..................................East Mackay, Baker's Creek
Page 10.................................Region Shot
Page 11.................................Airport, Revisited
Page 12.................................Sugar Shed Road (incl. Bonus package)
Page 13.................................Glenella
Page 14.................................Holiday Photos, Slade Point
Page 15.................................Kuttabul

Anyway, an introduction to me: I'm a born and breed, fair dinkum Aussie. I have kangaroo's in my backyard, yes, I am the genuine article :P... I live in the Mackay district on the Central Queensland coast, so this means that I will be showcasing the Subtropics of the central coast... with some Arid and tropical updates.

So to this end, I have decided to showcase my exploits in the Aussie style, whether it be on our highways, farms or towns. I will try to visit every aspect of my region.

anyway, on with the show: Update One, the Plains Road:

now, this is an overview of a steep valley, now with the flora you may be thinking "geez, there's no undergrowth there", to tell the truth, in many parts there are two layer of Flora: Gums and Grass.

A fairly sharp bend, not too bad, but as usual, Main Roads forgot to put those handy directional arrow signs beside the road... (or they don't exist in SimCity!  $%Grinno$%)

Now that we've gotten around 'Dead Mans bend' (it's traditional to name Australian landmarks like that, god only knows why!) we're around a gentler more overgrown piece of the road...

The junction that takes us out to the Coalfields of the Bowen Basin

Now, anyone who's been out on the Highway 70 would've seen at least one of these towns, cleverly designed to have every house the exact same, now I've lived in one of these communities, not fun. These little towns a put up everywhere as accommodation for the Mine Workers and their families... (yeah, TP-ing trees is about the only thing to do in these places  :P)
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

Luke09

Nice pics,and where can i found those trees?Keep it up  :thumbsup:
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

KoV Liberty

The trees are made by Jeronij in the LEX. Also I like the MD! Keep it up! :thumbsup:

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

Hey Adrian, doing a nice job!

The wikipedia links embedded are a nice touch.

Keep it up.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Bobbi

Great start! :thumbsup: The scenery is very beautiful!

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Jmouse

Good start, adroman! I've never been to Aussie Land, but every picture of it I've ever seen shows some of the prettiest scenery imaginable. It will be interesting to see it through your eyes!

And those goofy-looking little houses do sprout up like weeds, don't they! ;)

Later...
Joan

adroman

Replies? Already?

Luke09 ~ Thanks man! Those trees are (as Alex (driftmaster) said) available on the LEX here; I surely will keep up my work! (when school permitts!) Please, come and comment anytime, my friend.

Driftmaster07 ~ Thanks for answering Luke's question my friend. It's wonderful having you here!

Joel (Joelyboy911) ~ Ah, I was wondering when I'd see you, Mr. Potter Joel... Thanks for your wonderful comment! the Wiki links were a last second touch, I was going to leave people hanging, but, nah I decided more authenticity'd be better. again, I will try to keep it up! (P.S. Thanks for that model! ;D)

Bobbi ~ Thank-you my friend, I will try and keep up the work! Those pictures don't really do Jeronij's trees justice, they are the mother of all SC4 trees!

Joan (Jmouse) ~ Thanks-a-million. yes, our scenery is nice; I'll try and make it as good in SC4 as it is in real life... Yes, I orginally wanted that area for some big houses that Matt recently released, but I loved them so much I bent the storyline to fit  :P. It's an honour having you comment here!

Finally
Would you guys like to continue along the highway into a town? Or go down for a beach holiday?

All comments are very much appreciated!

Havva good one,
Adrian

joelyboy911

Beaches? They're a bit controversial at the moment... so I'd say lets do that! :P

You're gonna do great with this MD, Its a totally new concept. Good luck for the voyage going ahead!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

I know, two post in 20minutes,

but I'll drag y'all away from the pretty scenic pictures that I've been showing to a project that Joel (joelyboy911) and I have been cooking up...

It's a bird... it's a plane... it's (a) SUPER - Market!

Beaches it is then!

Until next time,
Adrian

Edit: my message didn't make any sense ::)

Tomas Neto

KoV Liberty

Thanks, and I like what I'm seeing! Love the super market!

Adrian, I miss you man.

Luke09

a super market huh?it looks interesting,and thanks for the link  ;)
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

adroman

Replies again? This guy must be desperate!

I'm not really desperate, but I'd like to build up something of a following...

Joel (Joelyboy911) ~ Controversial? whatever could you be referring to? And thanks, I hope we have some calm seas, and lovely winds...

Thomas Neto (Thomas, I assume?) ~ Thanks for your encouragement! I was hoping to start well, after all "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"...

Alex (Driftmaster07) ~ It's my pleasure, I hope you'll keep coming back. Thanks for that comment about the Supermarket, Joel helped a lot, mainly cause I'm useless with texturing  :P.

Luke09 (Luke, I assume?) ~ Yeah, Joel and I have been collaborating since this faithful reply. and for the link, No Worries!

Anyway, now that I've wasted an afternoon embedding links :P, I think it's time for a brief update, a teaser if you will...

"Hey, who's the new guy?"

Anyway, I'm doing a bit of LOT-ing for the Beach update,

Havva good one.
Adrian

Tomas Neto

Yeah guy, very nice your supermarket!  :thumbsup:

Bobbi

A good supermarket! Its name... :D

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Battlecat

Nice start!  You've done a great job with the terrain, I've seen some shots of the subtropics, it really is very green.  You've captured it quite nicely! 

Luke09

it is possible to you to make a logo to put in the front of the supermarket?its because its looking so "blank" in the front...but i liked the building  :)
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

joelyboy911

Hey Luke09. Me and adroman are working on that supermarket together, and I can tell you that the one he showed there is not a final product. There will of course be signs out the front.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

WC_EEND

looks like a proper Aussie MD to me (even though I've never been to Australia)
what I also wonder is wether Aussies say "Oi" alot

best of luck with your new MD
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

KoV Liberty

Looks good in game! However I suggest making a siggn or something on it to make it realistic. ;) Otherwise, a great job!

Adrian, I miss you man.