• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mackay... or, The Real Australia

Started by adroman, October 18, 2009, 03:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Nice suburban areas and green spaces! Where did you get those distribution lots? They look really nice. I'm always a sucker for night shots and yours is done nicely  :thumbsup:

marsh

Amazing suburbs there! The parks and little open spaces fit in very well, and look great!

,marsh  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Glad to see this fantastic MD rescued from inactivity at last!  Your latest city certainly shows you haven't lost your touch during your break! 

Congratulations on graduation from High School as well!  &apls

canyonjumper

Great revival Adrian! [insert random town name here looks great! Which path set are you using?

Your friend,
                                      Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Tomas Neto

Fantastic suburbs my friend, awesome city!!!

rooker1

Your last update was great, good to have you back again.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

nedalezz

Its great to see you back, as this was one of my favorite MDs :)

Your last update is, as usual, spectacular. The shots you have taken really bring out the essence of suburban Australia.

adroman

Well, after a busy Christmas/New Year break, I'm returning to MD-ing on a regular basis.

Firstly, you may be aware of some catastrophic flooding in Australia, which is hitting areas about 400 kilometers from where I live at present.

Anyhow, let's get on with some replies:
scott1964 - Thanks Scott  :)
noahclem - Thank you very much, I like the occasional night shot, too. Those distribution centers are jestarr's, I believe. They're definitely available on the LEX.
marsh - Thank you marsh, I'm glad you liked it  ()stsfd()
Battlecat;D It's good to be back, I never thought I'd see the day that I let it run into the Inactives. Thank you for the congratulations, and it's good to know I haven't lost it  :D
canyonjumper - Thanks Jordan! Don't worry, I didn't have a name for the town, either  :P The pathways I'm using is a mixture of the Marrast footways and jeronij's White Trail Parks
Tomas Neto - Thanks Thomas  ;D
rooker1 - Thank you, Robin. It's good to be back  :thumbsup:
nedalezz - Thank you very much! It's good to know that I'm capturing my inspiration  ;D

Today, I'll be showing off a bit of a port that I've been toying with since NBVC released his Modular Docks. After looking through Google Earth for a few hours, I decided to go with a "freehand" design, and I think the results are pretty good.

This port has not been containerised, instead handles smaller parcels of freight. I'm thinking about doing a Naval Base addon in the future, but nothing has been set in stone.

For now, enjoy these 12 images of the Port and surrounds:

Warehousing on the Waterfront.

Intersection of the main road feeding the area.

Fuel storage and more industry.

Rail station and docked ship.

Another rail station, with a lot of pallets

A Pier with some smaller ships.

Another Pier.

Light industry.

A bit of a bend in the coastline

Fuel section at night.

Warehousing at night.

A ship under the stars.

So tell me what you think!

Happy new year,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

nbvc

WC_EEND

Good to see you back at MDing Adrian. I had to look twice at that night picture of the ship, I first thought it was one of Girafe's cablecars $%Grinno$%

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

penguin007

Great to see one of my favourite MDs back!!! The port there looks great!!

Will

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

noahclem

Quote from: adroman on January 01, 2011, 10:37:23 PM
noahclem - Thank you very much, I like the occasional night shot, too. Those distribution centers are jestarr's, I believe. They're definitely available on the LEX.

Thanks, got it (already had it downloaded but not installed actually  &mmm )

Nice use of NBVC's new port set! It looks great and I look forward to trying it out. I like the surrounding industrial area as well  :thumbsup:

Happy New Year!

adroman

Don't worry, I'm not about to vanish, again!

Thanks for your comments,
Adrian.  ;D

PS- Spot the Custom, custom content!
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

canyonjumper

Quote from: adroman on January 19, 2011, 04:34:07 PMDon't worry, I'm not about to vanish, again!

Two and a half months later... :P

I'm looking forward to when you get back to this ;D

Your friend,
                             Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.