• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VENTISERI. Update 26 Mar.

Started by ecoba, September 29, 2009, 05:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakelaar

Nice work you have done, great atmosphere in the shots you show us.

Battlecat

Well this is what I get for not paying attention!  I've apparently missed all your recent updates up until today!  Love the detailing in this new region!  The farms today are particularly eye catching!

ecoba

Well, I've managed to get a small update about more of Ventiseri's rural areas today (very small  ::)). We will see the area of Val de Sierotte, a small river valley in the northwest of the country, an area hardly inhabited.

Ventiseri's river valleys are a perfect example of the country's environment, as well as agriculture. The rough terrain makes farming difficult, and in minor river valleys, especially like that of the Sierotte, there is little flat land between the river's bank and the mountainside. Roads are very uncommon in these areas, and more common are small paths, if even they are present. Fords are the most common way to cross a river, considering the low traffic and large costs of building bridges, not to mention that every square centimetre of land suitable for grazing is extremely valuable. Most residents of these high valleys herd sheep for their living, however some also work for businesses remotely, or even run their own businesses through the internet, which has reached nearly every corner of the country. Isolated citizens can order items from stores in the city and receive them delivered, free of charge, by a government delivery system twice a week.

Girafe: Thank you, Antoine !  :)

Tomas Neto: Thank you so much, Tomas ! :)

noahclem: Thank you, Noah ! I'm glad you like the way that I have detailed my forests, and I'm glad to once again see you here. :D  I wait eagerly to see what you can create with the flora in the game. :)

penguin007: Thank you, Will ! I'm glad you like this area ! :)

Yan077: Thank you, Yan ! I'm so glad you enjoy this, and some of your work is a great inspiration for this, meaning a lot ! :)

sumwunyuno: Thank you so much ! I think that the brown grass is also more realistic, also to mention that Mont Siel is a place with a higher altitude and of drier areas than some other portions of Ventiseri, however, the grass will remain well, and the sheep will not have to move either. :P

canyonjumper: Thank you, Jordan ! Glad to hear you are liking the updates. :)

kwakelaar: Thank you, Gjermund ! Indeed, I hope I have created a good atmosphere for such an area, thank you. :)

Battlecat: Missing updates is nothing major; I missed many of yours as well, no apologies are needed. :P Anyway, I'm glad you are liking the work on Ventiseri ! :)

Ethan

nbvc

bat

Nice picture of that river and house!
The other updates are also great! :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Very nice indeed, I like how this little update turned out.

Tomas Neto

ecoba

Mode Nacht is the world's single largest fashion event, simultaneously taking place across the globe.

PRATO—SANTA EUFRASIA—RENDUBERG—THESSALONIKI—PASSAU—VORGIA—PRADES—JOLIENDROIT—MERAVILJUZ—GUANGZHEN—NOORDERSTAD

New updates coming soon.

nbvc: Thank you! :)

bat: Thank you so much! :)

Battlecat: Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

Tomas Neto: Thank you, Tomas! :)

Ethan

ecoba

Well, I'm back after quite a while off from updating... just haven't had the time to do much in SC4. Anyway, this will be the first update where I show my new region, and it will move from the outlying rural areas into the city of Vorgia.

Thank you all for the wonderful replies!  :)

cubby420

Tomas Neto

Fantastic see you again doing updates in your MD, my friend!!!  Very nice update!!! I liked a lot!!!

sumwonyuno

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!