• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Canal Addon Mod (CAN-AM)

Started by daeley, April 23, 2009, 11:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allan_kuan1992

I believe the automata for the canals is enabled by setting the stations to send out canal automata.

However that does leave open the possibility of buses swimming around I think. $%Grinno$%

That wouldn't hurt for amphibious vehicles though. ::)

- Allan Kuan

Swamper77

Quote from: Toichus Maximus on May 08, 2009, 07:10:23 PM
So would this replace all bus models, since it's based on a bus network? How do the automata work with this?

The boat automata ride on the surface of the canals, while the game's normal bus and freight traffic automata run below ground (and water) level. It does not replace any automata that already exists, such as the buses

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on May 09, 2009, 12:48:07 AM
I believe the automata for the canals is enabled by setting the stations to send out canal automata.

Correct. They function similarly to the SFBT Tram Stations with the colored trams in regards of the creation of the boat automata.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

ashleybynes

O-M-G!! I will be one of the first people to download this if this comes out!!!!!

gn_leugim

BarbyW

I have been playing some more with this and decided to see if I could persuade exporters to send their goods by canal to a port. This is just a test and the farms have no other way to send goods out but look:

The freight is collected at the wharf, transported by barge to the seaport. Neat or what? ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

BarbarossaS

That is neat indeed! Wonderfull work you guys (and girls  :P) are doing here!  &apls &apls

-Stijn-

Bobbi

It's amazing. &apls I hope for its release.

And I want a style of SG_Cal Canal, because the water of SG Canal isn't beautiful.

---Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

FrankU

Well, please people of the community!
You really should stop developing new networks. PLEASE!  &cry2
I just installed TRAM and am trying to develop a region with it (just inhabited by the first 8000 sims). I even haven't started with RHW and HSRP and now you come up with this! It is really too much!  :'(

But besides this quite personal outcry: fantastic work!  &apls
It might even come in handy in the region I just mentioned, because I happen to fill it with canals.

So now comes the question: if there will be boats, we cannot keep working with the unmovable ploppable bridges. It migt be nice if some of the over water-bridges could be used, but as far as I know we cannot run a network under them. Then it would be good to have bridges that could open. Even if they only looked that way, like the canal bridges by PEG.
My preference goes to Cal-SG canals. And/or Jeronij's urban canals.

Edit later this day:
If it is possible to make the necessary lots in such a way that we don't see any textures or props, it might be possible that we put the lots anywhere we want and that we then cover the lots with overhanging canal lots. Almost any set with canals, ponds or waters has lots for filling spaces under bridges. In that case we don't need separate CAN-AM sets for every single canal set. We just need one!

io_bg

Quote from: FrankU on May 13, 2009, 02:45:16 AMAlmost any set with canals, ponds or waters has lots for filling spaces under bridges. In that case we don't need separate CAN-AM sets for every single canal set. We just need one!
That's true but in this case you won't be able to build 3-tile-wide canals.
And my personal preferences are Peg's canals, SG - Cal's canals and jeronij's ones.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

BarbyW

The first release will, as Daeley has said, be for the SG canals but hopefully the CAL canals will be next. As for the JRJ canals - well we need some terminals for them so you had better lobby JRJ. ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

czkimi

HOHO a new project!
shipbus will coming!
$%Grinno$% So lovely

FrankU

Quote from: io_bg on May 13, 2009, 11:28:15 AM
That's true but in this case you won't be able to build 3-tile-wide canals.
And my personal preferences are Peg's canals, SG - Cal's canals and jeronij's ones.
Indeed, afterwards I realised that canals need to be 4 tiles wide if used the way I suggested. And also it will not be possible to cover every tile if there is a bridge to be crossed.
Maybe it will be an idea to ask PEG to add the CAN-AM mod to his canals? I like them very much indeed.

Jonathan

Peg wouldn't be able to just add CAN-AM to his canals, as the pieces would have to be included in the NAM, it would have to be the otherway round, the Peg canals get added to CAN-AM.

Jonathan

FrankU

dragonshardz

Actually with some slight modding, it would be possible to make three-tile canals with CAN-AM...make a shore tile that has an overhang. I'd need access to the .SC4MODEL files to do it though.

RebaLynnTS

I am working on some new river sets, and will be glad to share what ever you would need, if you want to use them.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

daeley

unfortunately, this is all taking a bit longer than expected, mainly the last bits (tidying up files, compiling into nice installer, creating readme etc) are more time consuming than I expected. On the plus side, Chrisim has taken a lot of work out of my hands and the first version (that will hopefully be available soon) might already contain an optional skin for Cal's canals.
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

io_bg

That's great news! I can't wait! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

FrankU

Quote from: dragonshardz on May 26, 2009, 06:18:08 PM
Actually with some slight modding, it would be possible to make three-tile canals with CAN-AM...make a shore tile that has an overhang. I'd need access to the .SC4MODEL files to do it though.
Sure, but that would beside the point I hoped that was possible: generic CAN-AM lots that could be used together with every existing canalset, because the CAN_AM stuff would be hidden under the already existing overhanging lots.

And furhtermore: I can wait, but will surely be happy when release date is coming soon.  :thumbsup: