• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Tool Compatibility with Vista

Started by Rayden, April 28, 2007, 01:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

I know there is not many people using Vista yet, but in the future, if you try to run this excelent tool made by simrolle and andreas, and it frozes, set its compatibility like shown bellow. Find the executable, right click it with your mouse and choose its properties. Click the appropriate tab above and follow the picture bellow.

... and happy modding :thumbsup:

jeronij

Thanks for sharing this tip  :thumbsup:

It makes me remember some good old times, trying to make run Privateer in a windows environement  ::)  :D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

JBSimio

Thank-you very much for this, Rayden!  I was just getting ready to ask this very question.

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

mittfh

One issue I still have: in the TE mode, the base texture of the lot is missing - I just get white boxes filled with red text proclaiming "Not found"...

Andreas

This always happens when you open a lot and don't have the necessary textures installed in your plugins folder. SC4Tool will read those after opening the TE Editor, and while it doesn't matter if the textures are actally there or not (you can still edit the TE), it will display the message.
Andreas

Arg777

Thank you so much! I was wondering why it kept freezing

toxicpiano

Ah thanks! I was having some serious problems with ultimate and the sc4 tool!
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Jonathan

I have a problem where in the texture creator and texture scanner where the images don't show up. I run Vista Ultimate and I have done what Rayden but still they don't show up. Can anyone help?

Also will there ever be a patch or update for SC4Tool for Vista?

nerdly_dood

It works fine on mine but it won't show textures, so if i am going to transit enable a big lot i have to look at it in LE and count tiles :angrymore:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Andreas

It won't show textures until they are loaded. Make sure that the textures are inside your plugins folder, and that you set up the paths correctly.
Andreas

xxdita

I seem to be having a problem exporting the html to create a ReadMe. I get the PopUp that says it's saved, but there's still nothing in my Export folder.

Andreas

The HTML readmes are saved into the same folder where your lot file resides, making it easy to package the SC4 files together with the readme.
Andreas

xxdita

Not there either. Searched for all *.htm with Cleanitol, and nothing. Could I be missing a seperate program? If it matters, I'm on Vista Home Premium.

Andreas

Hmm, it should work fine, although I don't have Vista, so I can't test that. When SC4Tool creates the readme, it asks if it should be displayed - does that work, or do you get an error message? In any case, what button are you using? You have to use the button that loads a HTML readme template, not the other one.

Andreas

xxdita

Ahhh... Was going about it all wrong. Thanks for the help.

Shadow Assassin

SC4Tool doesn't work properly my end, all the textures cannot be found (even though they've been 'read'), and all the input boxes appear as just black boxes, so you can't see where/what you've typed.

Vista here, by the way.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Diggis

With the black boxes I have that on XP. It could be to do with you colour settings (ie theme)

CasperVg

Thanks alot Rayden, it worked. Now I can finally re-use this wonderful tool!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Diggis on March 02, 2008, 01:17:04 AM
With the black boxes I have that on XP. It could be to do with you colour settings (ie theme)

It probably is. But another, more worrying problem has come up with SC4Tool. The menu buttons don't work at all.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

xxdita

If you have Vista's Aero turned on, try shutting it off. XP-Compatibility mode may not be enough.