• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jen's version of Shosaloza...

Started by jen_p, December 26, 2006, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jen_p

Well here it is. My version of Shosaloza. This is take two, because my first version was destroyed when my computer blue-screened whilst saving the major city.

First off, I used a different map. There's nothing wrong with the map that Colyn chose for this game, but it just didn't inspire me. So here's what I chose to work with. Essentially, it is the same size, and has some rather challenging mountainous areas. I am still trying to achieve the same results as everyone else. Here's the map that I used (with some development from version 1):

And here's some shots of the first big city I've been working on:

Stay tuned for more later....
My MD: Jen's random cities...  ...Also, check out my creations on the LEX...

vab423

Holy cow, you can do that with mountains??  Yowza, I'm impressed!  In the first pic lower left corner, what is that bldg (the one with the spiky thing in the middle)?  Looking forward to seeing more updates.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

meinhosen

You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Alfred.Jones

Very very nice :thumbsup: Beautiful downtown area &apls

Sim City 4 Devotion

jacqulina

excellent work very nice building and planning

bat

Fantastic work! Looking forward to more!

jen_p

Here's a mosaic of a low-wealth suburb, near an industrial hub:

The houses are one of my current projects, the lots are a work in progress.

Alfred.Jones

Very nice work Jen &apls Welldone creating these suburbs on mountainous terrain :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

NikNik

Challenging region indeed Jen!

Massive high rises!

Great work.

Nik-Nik

sebes

That is a cool region Jen. You picked the perfect spot for your Downtown area. The suburb on the slopes is looking awesome. Where in the region did you build that (I cannot locate the highway in the regional view  #?¿?¿?$
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Great work, but where do you get these houses with white-grey roofs?

Colyn

I like this map ... BAT ... the houses are from her current project and is still in BETA testing.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

mattb325

Brilliant stuff, jen. The housing commission homes look so realistic in this layout  :thumbsup:

jen_p

Glad everyone likes this. Here is another mosaic, this one is of the aforementioned industrial area.

When I get a chance I'll post an updated region/transportation shot.

jacqulina

wonderfull work jen,you sure know how to build a city

Alfred.Jones

Very nice mosaic. I really like the industrial area :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

jen_p

sebes

Great work again Jen P. I like how your highways sneak between two hills from valley to valley. Though I think the airport looks better without a mountain blocking the runway  ;)  But on the other end: it's green, environmental probably the best airport....
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Great mosaic!

Great new region overviews!

jen_p

I have one more mosaic for you now, probably the last mosaic for a little while. I need to do some more serious city building before I can show you large portions of a city. This mosaic is quite a long one, and shows both the residential and industrial parts of the city.