• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CSX Plays on Shosaloza

Started by Colyn, December 19, 2006, 03:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colyn

@ Sam ... I made the grid in gMax.

Ok my next city I am showing is Narrows - D3

I am posting them in the order that they were developed.

Current population is 95k and 37k commercial jobs as well as 6k Industrial jobs.

This is the startpoint of the Interstate and in this city the mayor opted for some serious land reclaiming ... ;)

This is also a fairly mixed city and one of the cities whre I will push the population a bit. From the various pictures you will notice thatthere a many places that have not been rounded off and there is a lot of open spaces.

City overview.

A new neighbourhood ready for development ... I call this Gumtree Ridge.

A mixed HD CBD with commercial and residentials fairly mixed.

MEGA Residentials.

Gumtree Dam ... primary power source to Narrows.

The small fishing village where it all started.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

mattb325

&apls :thumbsup: Looking excellent. I really like how the development blends in with the terraforming without overwhelming the landscape.

beskhu3epnm

Colyn, I gotta agree with mattb on this one. You maximized without minimizing (??? &dance???). This is more along the lines of what I would do with this map with regards to building.

That would be the best thing about a challenging map, is that there is a lot of planning involved. How long did you plan this one out?

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Colyn

Thanks for the comments ... yes I do spend many hours planning the sections ... the first picture here of Gumtree Ridge ... well I spent most of yesterday doing the landscaping and the infrastructure.

Right from the beginning I loved playing the mountains but the way most lots handled the slopes did spoil it for me. So about a year ago I started making lots of SF lots and converted every low res lot in my plugins to be SF if it could not I dumped it.

Ok here is another batch from Narrows. ....

Intersection on the interstate ... this area has good residentials to north and the coastline will be developed for commercial and maybe a little HT Industrial.

Good SF homes ... I love it when a plan comes together :)

More SF homes.

Med res that handles the slope well.

More SWI21 res buildings.

Come see CSX Play

TheTeaCat

Amazing work you produce Colyn.
I like the way you get everything to fit so well together. :thumbsup:

TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Colyn

Thanks for the comments ... to me the whole city is part fo the game ... almost every tile gets some attention when I play and I like to build stuff that I will either like to visit or stay in.

Ok I have another batch from Narrows ...

To work in the mountains will mean long stretches of road climbing the slope ... when I do the road I try to make one tile wide "runoff" area too and here I use the 1x1 res and com lots and my various Flora Walks. It gives the city a bit more life and it helps get some sims into the hills.

On the slopes I like to do some commercials where intersections happen.

Spindrift Quays ... the place to go to when you are looking for fun ... tons of things happening there and at night the pubs and eating places bustle with activity.

Small community with their own waterfront. Sport fishing is BIG in these waters.

A little bit of industrial and waste management.
Come see CSX Play

moganite

I have a feeling mine will look nothing like this one or anyone elses.

I really like the rural feel of the area
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

sam

I love the lights on the waterfronts.

bat

sebes

Wow Colyn - so much details, every tile indeed shows that you made them with love. And I agree: I wanna live there - and there - and there - and there...   &hlp
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Colyn

Ok the next city I am showing is Bigbend ... that is at C3 ... I have not done much here apart from preparing the general lay of the land and constructing the Interstate.

This is currently also home to a number of farms and a few Industrial Megas ... all done to serve the region with some much needed jobs.

City populations ...

Residential = 3710
Commercial = 5232
Industrial = 11948

Mainly Timber farms and all SF.

More timber farms.

... and some more.

... and as if that was not enough .... here is more.

Harbour with water and power supply lots as well as garbage management.

Two MEGA Industrials.

This city will expand a lot more be developed ... I am just not sure if I will keep the farms or let them go.

I hope this inspires some people to play again and inspire players to dig deep and push the envelope. This is the only game I know that can be in such a multitude of configurations and it is a challenge for young and old. How dreadful would my life have been without Simcity ...  8)
Come see CSX Play

jacqulina

very nice work my friend,i love what you have done so far

Colyn

I am actually quite thrilled that you call me "friend" ... rumours have it that I am the biggest dirtbag to have ever ventured onto ST. So ... you have made my day.  :satisfied:
Come see CSX Play

sebes

Hey dirtbag...  &apls   For sure people at ST don't know what they are missing until they look here.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Colyn

&blush ... thanks ... and just wait in see what I have in my private collection .... all waiting for the new exchange here.
Come see CSX Play

jplumbley

Your a dirt bag?  #?¿?¿?$

Hmmmm.... I dont even know who you are at ST or what you've done at ST.  So to me I will call you my friend too.    :-\

Your game play is awesome!!  I want to start playing the game again... You have inspired me!!  But that would me installing all my custom content (hours of work).  But I will continue with making my creations in the background in hopes one day they will see the light of Colyn - Playing Shosaloza... or maybe a new map by that time.  &sly
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jacqulina

i have never known you to be a dirt bag my friend

BarbyW

Me neither, Jacky. Colyn is one of the kindest people I know but like me he does not suffer fools gladly. I love this game and love what you are doing with this map, Colyn.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

callagrafx

Quote from: Colyn on December 21, 2006, 02:23:35 PM
I am actually quite thrilled that you call me "friend" ... rumours have it that I am the biggest dirtbag to have ever ventured onto ST. So ... you have made my day.  :satisfied:

I think that title's reserved for someone else....And it's because of you and Barby that BSC is what it is, with nearly 100 members and still producing some of the highest quality content available.  Actually, it's because you and the other "old school" BATers have kept the game and the community alive, it gives new people the inspiration to join in and create too.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Colyn

Well ... all I will say is thank you.
Come see CSX Play