• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Port St Claire (#36)

Started by Swordmaster, October 07, 2012, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themistokles

Really nice! :) The wind of adventure blows in those trees...
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Nanami

Trains! will we see a full update about the railway soon? cant wait to see it!

Swordmaster

What, an update? Again??

Kind of, I guess.

So I was gone for about 18 months. Time flies!

Most of that time I didn't even have an internet subscription, hence why I didn't even pop in to say hello. I assume a fair few of you thought I had left town, given up on SC4 and this community.

Really? You thought that?

:D

I did feel sometimes like I lived in that doghouse over there.

Don't get me wrong, 2015 was a fantastic year for me. But 2016 will be a SC4 year, and a good one I feel.

PSC, though, was gone for a bit longer. Or wasn't it? Well, it was gone in terms of picture hosting. Majhost is down, and it seems for good. That's a shame--not for PSC, which is backed up in about forty-two different places, including the Library of Congress' vaults--but for all the NAM dev pictures of me, Alex, Noah and others. Now LD-host seems down as well, which was the other one I uploaded to. Not to mention imageshack, which hosted most of 3RR, Greenacre, Tarkusian Cities and numerous other great MDs. I hope you all read these while you still could.

Oh well. We still have a beer mat from PSC's most famous brewery.

Where are you Robin? And where the heck is Port City? We'll get to the latter soon enough. No word on the famous brewer, though.

Now, I spent a good bit of time re-uploading all images, so for the past 20 pages, what you see is once again what you get.

Apart from that, it was never gone of course. Just slumbering.

Quote from: Swordmaster on June 02, 2013, 09:24:21 AMPSC is immortal, just like me.

Good one, Willy. Next time decline that NAM membership.

Speaking of which, as mentioned in the last updates before the longish interlude, PSC will relinquish its historic setting and reboot in the modern age, with obviously its primary focus on transit. (Note: this one was part of my way, way back in time update. A very old image, that is.)

Wait a minute, who planted all those trees back?

>> click <<

Anyway! I'm gonna ease into this, because slow starters are always the best finishers. 80% of my SC4 time this year will go into the NAM, but that should leave enough for PSC to be updated now and then. Just don't expect too much at once. It'll be mostly in-progress updates, because that's the only state PSC will ever exist in, or so I'm told.

Now, care for the last of those mosaics?

>> click <<

None of the images in this update had been posted before, even if they are from familiar scenes. Consider it a send-off to rural, 1790s St Claire & environs. Cheers cowboys. We'll have some Rooker's and you won't, because founded in the 1880s, HA!

I'll be up with some replies and new stuff later this year.
this is a joke!

See you around folks
Willy

compdude787

Awesome new update! Once again, I'm glad to see you back! At least you're still here to re-upload all of your pictures so I could go look through this fantastic MD. What you do with nature scenes is just superb. Man, we've taken SC4 way beyond just being a city-building game!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Vizoria

The MMPs are amazing! Simply done and with amazing ground textures, or at the very least great MMPs to complement the ground textures.

Akallan

Wow, what is this path that you use in the second picture?
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

art128

Hehehe, nice to see you around again Willy. Good to hear you alteast had a good year while being away. :)

Nice update, great scenes. Can't wait to see more from PSC or from the NAM side of the things. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

Very nice update!It's great to have you back!

noahclem

A beautiful capstone to the storied "old" Port St. Claire--thanks for sharing these long lost images! Like so many I'm eagerly awaiting the appearance of the "new" edition. Very nice to have you back and I hope my comment that "there's never been a better time to play SC4" continues to hold true  :bnn:

c.p.

Nice pictures.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with this year :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Ah, the memories of good times, good friends and PSC's signature fall colors come flooding back. I'm so glad you decided to pick up where you left off and make '16 an SC4 year. And there's no doubt in my mind that it will be a good year. ;)

vester

Had more or less forgot about this MD of yours.

Great update.

kbieniu7

Don't worry. As you see, there are a lot of people that don't mind it. As you have said:

QuoteDon't get me wrong, 2015 was a fantastic year for me

we're happy to hear that, and the fact, you have come back to tell us that :) And of course, to show us great pictures!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

vinlabsc3k

Great return!! &apls &apls &apls
As always I love your rural landscapes! :thumbsup:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Swordmaster

Some long overdue replies. . .

Alright. First off, I'm gonna honor the good folks who left a comment, but never got a reply.

Quote from: MTT9 on December 08, 2013, 11:36:06 AM
Mmm... a sudden change in air! The surprises never stop ;)

Now here's an old PSC friend we haven't seen in a while. I hope that wasn't your last visit, Matt.

Quote from: Schulmanator on December 08, 2013, 12:09:10 PM
Nice new pix :D

Thanks--hope to see you around again, too!

Quote from: Gugu3 on December 08, 2013, 01:22:25 PM
I'm excited about this new project Willy! :thumbsup:

So was I. . . Er wait, so am I :D

Quote from: art128 on December 08, 2013, 01:39:14 PM
Looking forward for (some more teasing) new developments in PSC!

We'll have that teasing now, shall we? :P  Thanks my friend.

Quote from: sunv123 on December 08, 2013, 04:29:46 PM
Although it's great to see new progress, I was kind of hoping that PSC would stay like it was before. You had a very unique style when building those old cities and I bet we can all agree that we loved it. And it's quite sad to see you leaving right in the middle of the industrial revolution... :angrymore: ;D But like life, things come and go, and I hope for the best of this new project. :thumbsup:

I sure hope that unique style is gonna stay! PSC thanks you for your wishes ;D  Hope to see you visit again.

Quote from: Simcoug on December 08, 2013, 07:17:06 PM
I'll be honest, I'd be happy with whatever option you had chosen because you have a unique style that will come through no matter what you end up building.  I'm looking forward to how the RHW will influence PSC... mostly because I will probably end up stealing the ideas down the road.  Oh... and how about some rail teasers    :thumbsup: :D

That's an awful nice comment Matt. Hope I can make something happen here. Rail teasers until the end of time for sure :D

Quote from: noahclem on December 09, 2013, 07:16:55 AM
That detailing around the bridges is just perfect  &apls  It perfectly brings together all the terrain mod and flora work with excellent highway and transit building and planning. My favorite things in SC4 usually can't be categorized as rural or urban but a fusion of the two and these make that combination seamless. Outstanding  :thumbsup:

I think I once described Siilijoki like that! I got that from you, as I did many other things.

Quote from: Vlasky on December 09, 2013, 10:02:44 AMAmazing detailed work! I really like it :)

EDIT: Actually I have just discovered this MD. I went trough it and I must say that is is by far one of the best city journals I've ever seen. I love it! Every part of it is so perfectly done that I am speechless. It makes sense, since you're the engineer :O Amazing! Now I like you even more Willy :O

Well, I'm very glad you decided to visit and comment; this brings back nice memories of a great BATer who we haven't seen around in a while. Come back!

Quote from: Jmouse on December 09, 2013, 02:14:53 PMYour shoreline decorations are legendary, and oh so enviable. I've tried re-creating them and never even came close to being successful. I'm looking forward to seeing which path PSC takes this time. You must have heard the old expression, "If you come to a fork in the road, take it." It makes perfect sense if you don't think about it.

I'm a habitual cheater when it comes to MMPing, having created a bunch of my own with rescaled models. I hope you get that new machine up and running so we can finally see you start that. . . wait, did I see a squirrel? :squirrel:

Quote from: rambuckel on December 10, 2013, 02:11:54 PMEnviable ... yes, that's it! It looks just perfect.

This comment reminds me of a great MD and some nice models! Hope to see you back as well Theresa.

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on December 13, 2013, 05:01:32 AM
Glad to read that you are back in action Willy!! :thumbsup:

Amazing teasers and I can't wait for the new Port St. Claire!! &apls

Thank you! THE WAITING IS OVER!!!

Is it, Willy?  :popcorn:

Quote from: benedict on December 14, 2013, 05:15:31 AMGreat to see you back.

And congratulations, you're back at number one on Ben's Top Ten this week.

The more important question is, of course, where is that top ten list?? Make it a top five list if you must. Or a top 3?? Pretty please. . .

Quote from: kelis on December 17, 2013, 03:48:16 AMAmazing !! I like so much those pictures my friend, everything is perfect and fits with the reality, congratulations for the number one on Ben`s list, you really deserve it  :)

Thank you Jonathan. Hope to see you visit again.

There, now I can rest easy. Time for a picture break, methinks. I'll be back in a few days with more replies (and maybe another picture :D)

Cheers
Willy

compdude787

Wow, nice railways, and awesome MMPs!! &apls &apls :thumbsup:
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

Very nice picture!I am waiting for a good rail update sooner or later even though i like your country settings too :thumbsup:

Vizoria

The brown water fits in perfectly with the autumnal scene!

kelis

What a nice picture you share with us today, I like the water, fantastic scene my friend  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Beautiful picture Willy! Just a shame the shadow of the bridge are like that.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog