• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Asphalt street textures (without using SAM)

Started by tristan4eva, July 20, 2009, 11:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tristan4eva

Would it be possible if somebody made the textures/ used pre made textures from SAM to over write the MAXIS textures and make them asphalt like the roads and avenues in the game? I would be a great help because now i don't use streets because the look ugly and don't fit in. Using SAM is a great hassle having to place a new starter piece in every neighborhood.
I would aslo like a junctions to have a white painted STOP on the road with a L shaped line:
e.g.    ----------             It should be 1 tile big and all the lines join up
            STOP  !
                      !             (Sorry for usage of dashes and exclamation marks)

Thanks, Tristan

sithlrd98

Somewhere , I think  maybe over at ST are where , the original textures that the asphalt mod made by  Heblem or Hableurg are. The only mod that have stop text is Pegs road mod , so yes that would need to be made.
Of course I could be wrong.

It is very possible to override the roads , someone just needs to have  some time.
Jayson

tristan4eva

It would be great if somebody could find all of the textures put in the stop line and make it because i have no idea on how to make textures &mmm. Maybe we can get the original creators of the textures to put the stop lines and make it a mod?

Tarkus

Quote from: tristan4eva on July 20, 2009, 11:38:15 AM
It would be great if somebody could find all of the textures put in the stop line and make it because i have no idea on how to make textures &mmm. Maybe we can get the original creators of the textures to put the stop lines and make it a mod?

Putting stop lines on the actual textures themselves is problematic, as the intersection textures are in some cases mirrored, and the stop lines end up on the wrong side as a result.  A better way to do it would be to use Type21 exemplars to place the stop lines, as they can be re-oriented when the texture is mirrored.

-Alex

sithlrd98

Quote from: Tarkus on July 20, 2009, 12:55:53 PM
Putting stop lines on the actual textures themselves is problematic, as the intersection textures are in some cases mirrored, and the stop lines end up on the wrong side as a result.  A better way to do it would be to use Type21 exemplars to place the stop lines, as they can be re-oriented when the texture is mirrored.

-Alex

Yeah....um, have fun with that :D In all seriousness , that texture would look good as a road vs a street , however this may be one of those projects that take some time as most of the texture modders are usually busy with other projects. I am in no way saying that it will/won't be done, just that it may be a while (at least incorporating the stop lines).

Jayson

tristan4eva

&mmm Well i can wait because the laptop that i use to play SC4 is kinda on the fritz  ()sad(). This means that playing the game can get frustrating due to having to adjust the screen every now and again :bomb:. But i am planing on getting a new computer after Christmas  :):thumbsup:. So i can wait quite a while. 

delta9

Not to get your hopes up OP, but after this semester is up I'm going to take the dive into teaching myself some basic texture and T21 modding, and this might be something I look at doing, because I'm very OCD about the look of my transit networks, particularly diagonals (here's to you, sithlrd98!) and intersections.  Not to mention that I almost universally use Hableurg's asphalt on all streets I build.  Making the art for something like this should be very simple, too (there is a similar mod for Maxis streets on the STEX, but the art is pretty lacking and it has the texture mirroring problem Tarkus mentioned).  So maybe I'll crank out an intersection upgrade mod within the next several months with street stop lines and eyecandy traffic lights for lacking intersections ;)