• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lilojame´s Corner

Started by Lilojame, November 16, 2008, 09:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilojame

Thank you very much metarvo, really, I appreciate it very much! But you know, considering what marvels others are creating out there I find myself just a novice one, there is sooooo much that I still need to learn...

Ok, I did the first texture on that bat and it looks like this:

Please keep in mind that I will do more variations so that they could also be put into families.

Then I did the first rendering (being afraid that it will be to big looking at model vs. Sims) and check it in LE (also for possible rendering glitches):

Found no rendering glitches (yey) and as for the size, I would say its about right, right?

So lets see how this looks in game:

And the night pic (yes, it has minimum lightning done and I dont yet have Gizmos night mod)

So, that would be the first one, now I will do one diagonal and then re-texture it and repeat all steeps etc.  :)

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

art128

this stand look good Karin, great work  &apls I think with some text in the side (like the menus ....) that will be more good  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

Karin that is looking real sweet there and I think your are a pro at this!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

squidi

hi karin,
i mostly use that site for getting my textures http://www.cgtextures.com/
most textures are in 2 or 3 sizes with really good resolutions in the largest versions.
from one texture i made a 14000x8000 px big  concret one  what of couse is a bit overdone but this way i have even in the perspective view next to the wall a sharp view. ::)
i must be crazy some how

in the bat texture tutorial section is also a link to a program to make tiles with no repititions where i only took a short look in.(will try out that later.)

about the grafic card: i dont know if you are as poor as i am  :D but my grafic card did coast me 30€
a year ago and i hadnt had any problems until now so maybe you should think about gettin a new one

the diner doesnt look to big in my eyes but with small sizes its hard to handle in my opinion because a lot of small things are hardly oversized in game i think.

paul

Lilojame

Thanks Arthur!
Hm, maybe something like this?

Thanks Pat!

Hi Paul! Thank you for the link! The first texture that I actually made is the one covering the majority of this tiny model and I went for 1000x1000px. Nah, you are not crazy.  ;) At this time I am poor, yes  ::). I have  ATI Radeon 2600 PRO and I hate it. It would be kindda ok if I wouldnt overclocked it about 6 months ago.  ()testing() So now it tends to overheat quickly. In any case I will have to put with it until I can afford one with around 1GB ram  :D or until it completly dies on me (hopefuly that wont be so soon).
Well, in real this dinner stand should be aprox 6x2 meters, I did 8x4 so in reality it is way off and I usually rather work on actual buildings that these kiosks.

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

metasmurf

Maybe put some advertising on the actual building?

art128

Karin, that's good , but I mean what's metasmurf said  :D

Props & Texture Catalog

Lilojame

Ok, I feel a bit stupid, lol, so to clear this up:

On A1 or A2 or A3 or on all?  ???

BTW. The menus are actually under the roof and of-course invisible due to game perspective &mmm)

Edit: Oh and should I leave that table or ney? :D

squidi

i would say a3 because the others are to small for the game to see more of them than just a hand full of pixel

and the table i would love to see but i think you should render it alone as prop ;)

i would also suggest to bring up some colour in the sign on the top

threestooges

Very nice start. Small, 1 tile buildings, like this are always useful. I would suggest adding some ventilation and other stuff on the roof for a little extra detail/contrast. I would also suggest widening the door on the side (where a3 is currently highlighted). Also, consider taking the texture used for the walls and darkening the bottom a bit in an editing program, most buildings tend to appear to have a subtle transistion and are slightly dirtier at the bottom. Great work so far.
-threestooges

metasmurf

yes a3 is the way to go. by advertising i'm not refering to menus, but more something like this:
, since a menu wouldn't be visible ingame anyway.

also, there's a texture tutorial at: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=140&threadid=76233&enterthread=y where you can do what threestooges is talking about.

Lilojame

Thanks Paul, metasmurf and threestooges.

Now to clear few things up, this particular thing is done after this picture:

So basically it isn´t the building therefore roof junk would be kinda strange I believe. But I shall do the 1x1 buildings for this also and those will have the roof junk also.  :)

For now we have these:

and at night:

Some have menus up others have some advertising similar to what metasmurf showed:

Neither is really visible.

The next step shall be actual buildings (probably on Sunday since tomorrow I have a "family day") and there the things shall be more flexible and interesting.

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions and links!

EDIT: Just noticed that I am missing a red one....

TheTeaCat

Hi Karin

Wonderful little diners :thumbsup:

Good variety of colours, nice to see and rotations too.
One thing I would add on the roof is some sort of vent ( Chimney or skylight )to carry the
smoke from the grill etc.
I think you should make the menu board a separate prop so it can be place at will in the LE

This is something I would like to have :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

papab2000

Nice,  :thumbsup: but I agree that a exhaust pipe for the grill smoke is a must.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Lilojame

Noted down and almost done.  ;D As for that "board" it shall be a prop on its own, I forgot to say that before (guess I am againg ::)) Thanks to both!

Edit:
Here is the first glimpse of 1x1 building. Keep in mind, that it is still totally naked and needs a gazillion of detailing to be done...

Fatsuhono

Hi Karin! (May I call you Karin?) :) I love your new work, even small BATs can be really useful. These will go great in anyone's amusement park! Nice work! :thumbsup:

metarvo

Quote from: Fatsuhono on November 21, 2008, 03:51:35 PM
These will go great in anyone's amusement park!

That's exactly right.  I'm already picturing how these lots will look in the amusement park that I plan to build in one of my cities.  Of course, the diagonals are a big bonus.
&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

wow Karin talk about being busy today!!! I am very impressed with what you gotten done wow!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Lilojame

Fatsuhono, thank you! And yes, you may call me by my real name. ;)
Thank you metarvo. Before I will actually put the prop pack out there, I will do few more bats to include in the pack tho, should be done by the next friday.
Thanks Pat! I had kinda good day, but today nothing shall be done, since it is time for some quality time with the kids. =)

art128

Karin , the last BAT look good my friend, great work  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog