• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Dark_Horse_Spirit Creations

Started by Dark_horse_spirit, October 15, 2008, 09:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

great house you have created here  :thumbsup: but I can say a little thing, I don't like the roof texture  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

un1

Wow, dark_horse. I like it!  :thumbsup: Although, I have to agree with Arthur (art128), I don't like the roof texture.

Can't wait for more,
-un1

Dark_horse_spirit

Town houses, These are the latest, THere is 6 variations of my Affordable Housing, These are very middle class. They come complete with front and back porch and eaves troughs. The large houses on tiny lots are the norm in most Canadian Cities, and most Canadian towns. High wealth lots here are actually medium resedential houses on large lots, Large lots being 5 to 6 acres, That will be my next project after this one is done.

DHS

Dark_horse_spirit

I'm designing a back yard for the cedar Chalet, I was hoping that I could have used others props for the flowers and bushes, unfortunatly props don't sit right, and make the stonewalk look horrible. I didn't even realize that I had taken this picture in the dark untill I exchanged computers. To me this is the most realistic picture yet. At night in how many houses is the only light on in the house in your T.V., This is also a cool picture of the floor to Ceiling A frame cedar chalet windows,

Fatsuhono

Wonderful work! :thumbsup: However, I think the roof texture needs to be darkened. Do this in paint, or change "diffuse" (in Gmax) to something darker. Good luck! :)

un1

Nice work you have there DHS, can't wait for more!

-un1

Dark_horse_spirit

One of these houses is not finished yet as it needs back porch step and eaves, I think that I am going to put eaves on all of my houses. hopefully I will have these houses finished in the next week or so, They will all be growable. I believe that I will shoot for 12 houses and there variations, Most of the technical work is down, now the scrutinizing begins...lol

un1

Those are way better!  &apls

I love the houses, can't wait to use them in my cities.  :thumbsup:

-un1

Fatsuhono

Amazing work. I think a different roof texture though... &mmm But overall, this building is incredible. Love the lot too! :thumbsup:

Dark_horse_spirit

Hello all,

I've been busy these days and have not had time to provide any new updates, My Batt is not working, not rendering properly, I havn't figured this one out yet. Im a procrastinator when it comes to fixing these problems, as the easiest solution is not always the safest. As I have recently got 3ds Max I am learning how to work with polys, a whole lot easier than mesh. Is there any way to configure my 3ds to work with SimCity4.

Fatsuhono

Dark_horse_spirit-san: Yes! :) There is the BAT4Max, a program created by SC4 players (like BAT), but for 3ds max! (This is what I use.) Click here: (Link). Make sure you read the readme and follow all instructions, or else you may install it wrong, which can lead to trouble. I suggest to backup your 3ds max root folder first to replace in case you run into a troubles. Good luck my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Dark_horse_spirit

I have 3ds max 7, When I was reading about the script for Gmax it said that it only works with 6 and down. If anyone has 7 and higher let me know if it works. From what I understand I still need to import it to the Bat script to render....if this is the case it still doesn't fix my rendering problem.

DHS

Fatsuhono

I use 3ds max 7. I know that SimFox of HKABT at Simtropolis got it to work on max9 (trial-and-error, I think...), but it should install quite easily with max7.

EDIT: Oh, and there is actually a new BAT4Max out (2.5), follow the thread here. I haven't yet tried it, but it is worth a shot!

Dark_horse_spirit

I've been so busy lately, I havn't had time to do much. I am hoping that this weekend I'll be able to spend the afternoon finishing a few of my house projects that I stated a month ago. And no I havn't installed the gmax script into 3ds max yet. my other question is this...what the heck happened to the SCRT team.

DHS

j-dub

After the site's recent policy change, lets just say it didn't work out for the SCRT's favor. Lots of bad stuff thanks to real life. In the end, it just was not a good time for the housing market, or the american auto market, and alot of othing things that happened in RL. So don't feel rushed, you don't have to lot the new buildings yourself either. Good accurate work of the suburbs.

Sciurus

It's very very nice houses! :thumbsup: but the roof isn't realistic: you should put a texture ;)
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Jack Bauer

Like the others, the roof texture aren't good but the others things are so realistic!!!