• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's Melbourne BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, April 05, 2015, 05:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MushyMushy

Amazing!

Some of those buildings could fit into almost any style city, and the smaller props look amazing as well. I do agree that the cars a tad overscaled though.

Also, congrats on the CML!

noahclem

Quote from: art128 on November 05, 2016, 09:00:45 AM
Is there like, only Collins Street in Melbourne? :D

I should probably name one of my streets that in my city :D Seems to be at least 1/4 RDQ though the size and monumental nature of the bats probably make it look like there's a lot more than there really is....

reddonquixote

Quote from: noahclem on November 05, 2016, 09:13:00 AM
Quote from: art128 on November 05, 2016, 09:00:45 AM
Is there like, only Collins Street in Melbourne? :D

I should probably name one of my streets that in my city :D Seems to be at least 1/4 RDQ though the size and monumental nature of the bats probably make it look like there's a lot more than there really is....

:D That reminds me, it must be about time to post an update of my city.. haven't done that in a while.

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Jack_wilds

I guess that it is all scaled nicely for teh game... it all looks so good and promising... U deserve this recognition on sc4d    &apls

back to lurking about the place

:popcorn:

simangel

Wow great update, the river pieces look amazing...will they be released?
thank you for helping to keep this game alive!

bombardiere

Crikey! You are not ambitious then? :D

noahclem

Great to see an update on your Melbourne, it's been quite a while! While I've browsed through the city a lot it's mainly been to analyze the transport network (especially trams) so it's fun to see where all these great bats actually belong in RL. Definitely an inspiring project  &apls &apls

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

korver

Awesome. This 40th BAT upload is gonna be epic. Between the trees, urban props, and buildings.. it should be vital for my recreations going forward.

And that Melbourne recreation is coming together quite nicely :thumbsup:

reddonquixote

Thanks everyone  :)

Simangel - yes, it was always intended to release the river pieces, I just need to find the energy to complete them!

Here's the start of my next BAT, something I've been wanting to do for a long time... sorry its not a very exciting update, its still very early beginnings.

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

belfastsocrates

Oh! The Crown Melbourne!

That's an ambitious project, very exciting indeed!! Are you including the elevated road section or omitting that?
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

reddonquixote

Unfortunately, I had a bit of a disappointing set-back with releasing the prop pack. I somehow managed to mix up my Darknites and Maxisnights... and delete or overwrite the original exports in the process  :thumbsdown:

I've now re-exported the missing models and so here's the nightlight versions... all going well should be on the LEX (sans overscaled cars  $%Grinno$% )sometime later today  ;D

Also, Belfastsocrates... how on earth did you pick that was Crown? I thought I was going to get a bit of mileage out of it before someone guessed  :D

JP Schriefer

Oh my God this pack is going to be wonderful *_*

noahclem

Quote from: Schriefer on November 12, 2016, 07:37:38 PM
Oh my God this pack is going to be wonderful *_*

Indescribably awesome....

reddonquixote

Ok... after much trial and error I have successfully managed to get the prop pack up onto the LEX, however I have had to do it in two separate uploads, a Darknite and a Maxis Night version.

On the bright side, at least it saves on wasted downloads  :thumbsup:

Hope all is ok, let me know if any issues experienced.

bombardiere

A big thank you for this pack.  &apls My period cities are really happy now. :D And I see a few buildings for my current modern Asia style city. :)  And in HD, I am in extacy. I am going to spend many days lottings these beauties. Of course I can see that you have made many models for your BAT buildings so these Props do not match SC4 16x16 grid. Well I need to be creative then. :)

P.S. I can see that you shared the Goathland railway station models. I have to see if I can make any use of it. :)

P.P.S Thank you for keeping the model files open.  :thumbsup: This way I can choose which models I will use and I can delete extra models from the plugin folder. I can DAT pack these later the way I prefer to organise the models and files. :)

weixc812

Great upload again!
There is only one thing strange that the aquarium doesn't have nightlight? It should look awesome at night  :(
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

kbieniu7

Well, I did not know what is the Crown, I had to google it, but it looked to me as some tennis court, so what came to my mind as first was Australian Open  :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

JP Schriefer

Those buildings will be a great addition in game! Thank you very much!!

_Michael

I will have to get busy lotting these. Fun nights ahead...