• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Great Scott!!

That last pic takes the cake!

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

metarvo

Outstanding!  I especially like the garden area and the night pics of the Circular Quay.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

korver

- UPDATE 99: Midwest U.S. (Preview) -

For our next update, we're returning to the United States to take a look at a number of scenes from the Midwest. From picturesque farmland, heavy industrial areas, famous landmarks, iconic skylines, and more - there's plenty to see and experience here, so we'll be taking an in depth look at the region. The update will include a scene from each and every Midwestern state - there's still a few more scenes I need to finish up though, so in the meantime here's a preview of what's to come:

Quaint family farms - a common sight just about everywhere you look in the Midwestern U.S.

Much of the Midwest U.S. is an endless plain of farms and fields - and from the air you can truly grasp the scale.

We'll see a few of the region's most impressive landmarks as well, like iconic Mount Rushmore.

We'll be taking a look at a number of Midwestern industrial areas as well - like the heavy industrial regions that surround Lake Michigan and more.

There will be plenty of cities included as well - with scenes from Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, and Minneapolis - and even some scenes from the tiny Midwestern capital city of Pierre, South Dakota.

-korver

Replies:

metarvo: Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Simmer2: Thank you very much for the comment and kind words! :)

dyoungyn: Appreciate the kind comment - I'm glad the update was able to bring back some memories of the city :) I'm not sure yet if I'm going to expand the recreation even further, but if I do - I'll take a look at recreating a few of the other places you mentioned as well :)

dyoungyn

Great job.  Keep going West to the Mountain States of Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho and Utah.  Utah does indeed have the greatest National Parks that are absolutely beautiful that man is slowly ruining by vandalism.  Denver is truly the largest city in the mountain states. 

art128

Some great updates are coming...

Not like the others weren't already great though.  :satisfied:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tyberius06

Hi korver!

Geeez, Man, your Sydney recreation is amazing, specially the harbour part. So many unfamiliar buildings. Those piers on picture 4, 7 and 9 (same as 4 just day time), what are those? I mean for example I know that boat piers are NBVC marina, but what are main buildings? And yepp, last image is just simply breath taking...  &apls &apls &apls

Midwest U.S.
Harbour scene is really nice here as well, and the Zoom out on the last picture too!  &apls Awesome work!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

korver

- True Earth: The 100th Update -

After two and a half years - True Earth has finally reached its 100th update. :bnn:

To celebrate the occasion, we're taking a look back at some of my finest pictures in one massive mosaic. From sprawling cities, stunning natural wonders, charming villages, iconic landmarks, and so much more - we've traveled to so many incredible places from across the globe these last couple of years, and there's still so much more to come.

Thanks once again to everyone for your support and encouragement over the years :thumbsup:

Note: due to compression issues I had to upload this mosaic to Dropbox - if you can't see the link then I also uploaded the more compressed version to imgur as well here.

-korver

Replies:

dyoungyn: Appreciate the nice words - I'll probably take another look at the Western states again later on so stay tuned ;)

art128: Thanks for the comment and kind words!

Tyberius06: Thank you very much for the comment! The piers were mainly constructed with pieces from the Stanley Seawalls set on the STEX, some of NBVC's various pieces, and some airport teminal pieces from one of the ACE packs on Simtropolis.

art128

Wow, 100 updates already? Jeez, time sure flies by. Congrats!  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

Congrats on 100 updates Korver!  This mosaic is a fitting update, as it illustrates just why you've made it this far.  You've shown us some of the most breathtaking SC4 scenery out there, with the realism that a real-world-based MD requires.  I'm looking forward to the next 100, for sure.  Amazing work!

&apls &apls &apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

manga rivotra

100 updates and I was totally blown away at least 100 times.  &apls &apls &apls
Thanks to your work, we know that this good old SC4 that we adore, can offer scenes of a beauty and an incredible realism in expert hands.
It's a pleasure for the eyes and a great motivation for us, mere players.
A big thank you for that.  :thumbsup:

PaPa-J

100 Updates!  WOW!!!! Great work!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

korver

- UPDATE 101: Midwest U.S. -

Today, we're taking a trip near the center of the United States - a region also known as the Midwest U.S. Although much of the land here is flat farmland - there's more than meets the eye, and the region is home to come of the country's finest cities, landmarks, natural wonders, and more. We'll be taking a look at each and every state in the region - and we'll begin in North Dakota. As with the rest of the Midwest U.S. - small family farms are a common sight here just about everywhere you look.

Our next stop is South Dakota, where we'll visit one of the region's most famous landmarks - iconic Mount Rushmore. This symbolic monument was constructed in the 1930s and features four of America's most famous presidents: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.

A few hundred miles east is South Dakota's capital city of Pierre. This tiny city may only have 13,646 residents - but it more than makes up for it with charming old streets and picturesque views of the Missouri River. The South Dakota State Capitol building is located in the heart of Pierre and can be seen from all around.

Small shops and businesses line the streets of the town's center.

A view of the semi-rural areas just outside the center of town.

A look at some of the rail yards and small industrial districts that can be found just east of the city's center.

Finally, an aerial view of the city and the nearby Missouri River.

We travel east into Minnesota and visit its largest city, Minneapolis. The city's skyline is one the region's finest and is quite stunning at nighttime.

From there, we travel northwest into the neighboring state of Wisconsin. With beautiful fall foliage and picturesque waterfalls scattered around the area, it's one of the region's best kept secrets.

Southwest of Wisconsin is our next stop - rural Iowa. Grain silos are a common sight here and across the rest of the Midwest, towering over the flat farmland.

The Midwest has a rich history as well - some 200 years ago, the Oregon Trail crossed Nebraska's countryside and was a vital route for traders and fur trappers.

South of Nebraska is our next destination, Kansas - where it's nothing but farmland for as far as the eye can see. The entire Midwest is often collectively known as America's breadbasket - and the entire country depends on these harvests.

We travel into Missouri to visit one of the region's most important cities - St. Louis. Its iconic Gateway Arch is one of the Midwest's most famous landmarks.

Located in southern Ohio, Cincinnati is another one of the region's largest cities - and is home to a number of iconic Art Deco skyscrapers like the 574 foot tall Carew Tower.

We travel into southern Michigan and make a brief stop in Detroit - the Motor City. Best known as the center of the U.S. car industry for a century, it's one of the region's most important cities and boasts an impressive skyline as well.

From there, we venture to the shores around Lake Michigan for the last leg of our journey. The endless farmlands are replaced with a sea of heavy industry in many places - like in East Chicago, Indiana - home to one of the Midwest's largest industrial zones.

The tour finishes up in Illinois with an aerial view of the region's largest city - Chicago, better known as the "Windy City".

-korver

Replies:

fantozzi: Thanks for all of the support, appreciate the banner ;D :thumbsup:

art128: It's flown by for sure :D Appreciate for the nice words!

Alan_Waters: :thumbsup: Thanks for all the kind words and support over the years!

metarvo: Thanks for the kind comment - glad you've enjoyed the updates! :)

manga rivotra: Thank you very much for the nice words as always, much appreciated :thumbsup:

PaPa-J: Thanks for the comment and support :thumbsup:

Alan_Waters

Amazing landscapes, as always. I'm enjoying.  :thumbsup:

mattb325

I love the aerial shot of Pierre. Just amazing  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Excellent update  &apls &apls

Being from South Dakota, born in Nebraska, growing up with Minneapolis as the closest big city, and later living in Wisconsin and Chicago this update hits quite close to home and is certainly something I'd never have expected, not least from someone with your talent. Very cool to see. I'll tell you that your Pierre looks a good bit better than the real one :D

dyoungyn

Great Update.  Love the detail.  Your pix of St. Louis reminds me of "The Last Ship" season 2 at which the world was infected with a virus, government collapsed and "The Last Ship" created the United States of America's capitol of St. Louis. 

korver

- UPDATE 102: World War II (Preview) -

For the next update, we'll be taking a look at a number of scenes from one of the most significant wars in human history - World War II. Our look at the war will cover some of the most pivotal and defining moments from 1939 to 1945 - here's a preview of what's to come:

The Siege of Leningrad
Late 1941

Attack on Pearl Harbor
December 7th, 1941

American Troops Landing on D-Day
June 6th, 1944

Berlin Towards the End of the War

-korver

Replies:

Alan_Waters: Appreciate the kind words! :)

mattb325: Thank you very much for the comment - glad you liked the Pierre shot :thumbsup:

noahclem: Thanks for the nice words! I haven't done a lot of scenes from the Midwest before so I really wanted to explore the area more in depth - glad you liked the pictures!

dyoungyn: Thank you for comment, glad you enjoyed the update! I haven't seen the series - but I do see the resemblance ;)

Alan_Waters

Very atmospheric, as always. With great taste and precision.
Separately, I want to express my great gratitude for your memory of this terrible time.
Thank you very much!