• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31.2

Started by DJSun1981, June 11, 2013, 09:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

Quote from: OwlGreene on June 15, 2013, 02:30:54 PM
Quote from: Wiimeiser on June 14, 2013, 05:25:06 AM
I managed to get the NAM working without the patch.

What did you do to get it working without the patch??? That's the only thing blocking me at this point!
I just installed the NAM normally, but that was with versions 29 & 30.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

z

Although it is possible to get the NAM mostly working without the patch, please note that no support can be offered to users of the NAM on an unpatched version of SC4.

We would also appreciate it if methods for getting the NAM working without this patch were not published or distributed, as the patch is required for the NAM to work properly, and without it, the NAM Team has to deal with a lot of spurious bug reports that distract us from our main mission of developing and supporting the NAM.  (All of which we are doing for free, of course.)

It is always possible to patch a legitimate, uncorrupted copy of SC4.  And if you don't have such a copy, it is easy to purchase one for as little as $8 on the Net.  Periodically, there are sales on various sites where the downloadable version can be had for only $5.  And no, we do not get a cut of that.

DJSun1981

Quote from: MandelSoft on June 15, 2013, 06:37:45 AM
I also see you use an incompatible for the RHW. Delete that texture pack and install the proper ones delivered in the NAM

Wich files? I dont want delate the wrong files

TJ1

Quote from: z on June 15, 2013, 03:22:27 PM
Although it is possible to get the NAM mostly working without the patch, please note that no support can be offered to users of the NAM on an unpatched version of SC4.

We would also appreciate it if methods for getting the NAM working without this patch were not published or distributed, as the patch is required for the NAM to work properly, and without it, the NAM Team has to deal with a lot of spurious bug reports that distract us from our main mission of developing and supporting the NAM.  (All of which we are doing for free, of course.)

It is always possible to patch a legitimate, uncorrupted copy of SC4.  And if you don't have such a copy, it is easy to purchase one for as little as $8 on the Net.  Periodically, there are sales on various sites where the downloadable version can be had for only $5.  And no, we do not get a cut of that.

I think I made a note of this before but the patch wont work for me at all and ive never had to patch my copy of sc4 before with previous versions of the Nam, I haven't been able to play with Nam 31.2 because the patch wont install properly. Id rather have a copy of the Nam for an unpatched Sc4 than the one thats for patched copies. I understand what yal are doing to reduce the bugs but the patch thing (that wont work for me) has prevented me from updating the nam for my copy of Sc4.

z

Are you using the CD version of SC4 or a downloaded version?  If you are using a downloaded version, from where did you download it?  And finally, what error message do you get when you try to apply the patch?

TJ1

Quote from: z on June 20, 2013, 02:31:42 PM
Are you using the CD version of SC4 or a downloaded version?  If you are using a downloaded version, from where did you download it?  And finally, what error message do you get when you try to apply the patch?

I have a downloaded copy, My Cd copy broke a good while back. Im using the same download copy from megaupload I got over 4 1/2 years ago. So its not offically installed on my pc but runs just fine, it even has a program folder on my hard drive and the error I kept getting was that my exe file of sc4 was not found, something like that.

z

Well, that's the problem.  As you probably know, Megaupload is not an authorized distributor for EA games, and your copy is therefore considered a pirated copy.  That your CD broke a while back is unfortunate, but it does not change the fact that you are running a pirated copy of SC4.  The patch works on all legitimate copies of SC4, but does not work on pirated copies.  If we were to modify the NAM for the sole purpose of working with pirated copies of SC4, which is what you are asking us to do, we would be guilty of supporting software piracy, which is completely against the principles of this site, as well as being illegal.

However, you are in luck.  There are many low-priced legitimate copies of SC4 for sale on eBay.  For example, you can get this copy for only $8, free shipping included.  The NAM alone is worth many times that. ;)

Wiimeiser

Not to mention it was shut down for that very reason. AFAIK the only reason the trial hasn't taken place yet is because the FBI is trying to manipulate the server data to rig the trial, but that's just a rumor...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Wthrwyz

There's no reason to go buy another copy of SC4 just because your CD broke so long as you still have the registration key. I had the same problem - my CD for SC4 Deluxe cracked one day (while it was in the drive, no less) and I thought I was S.O.L. I contacted EA support asking if they knew where or how I could obtain a replacement CD and they told me they couldn't replace the disc, but instead they could give me a digital copy at no charge (provided I could supply the registration key from my original CD copy). I sent them my code and SC4 Deluxe was added to my Origin account shortly thereafter, no further questions asked.
Wthrwyz: It's "weather wise." You see, it has to fit on a license plate...
Oh, just call me Nathan.