• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

POST HERE If you cannot access the LEX

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2007, 02:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Quotecaspervg on 2013/11/19 12:36:20
A change has been made to the log-in system that will be required for a few upcoming features. Please log out and log back in to take advantage of those features if you have not done so yet. It will work once you re-log at least once.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what you can do. You can always clear out the cache and cookies and see if that helps. If it doesn't, I'll refer you to CasperVg.

Jack_wilds

its a real head scratch...

I can 'log-in' but I am still unable to download as the buttons say I must 'log-in' to do so yet the sign-in page says I am logged in...

and I unable to 'log-out' anywhere as I am unable to locate or see the 'log-out' button... nor is search features visible... nor are the buttons for access to profile and searches visible and exchange info has 1 item and then it has 4 items in its drop down...
what gives?
I then also requested a new password, to no avail as restrictions are still in place...

and yes I have cleared out all my caches...

Jmouse

OK, I'll send Casper a PM which includes a link to our convo here.

Jack_wilds

THX... as this gotta out of the range of the reasonable...  ???

APSMS

Jack, I was having the same problem, but it seemed to be fixed once I reset my password using the system reset. I cleared out my cache in the process, but I don't think that was the main issue. It seemed like the password/account was corrupted and needed a new passcode to reset.

For some reason when Joan reset my password internally, it didn't work, but running it through the system did...not sure why.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Jmouse

Quote from: APSMS on February 10, 2014, 06:10:59 PM
For some reason when Joan reset my password internally, it didn't work, but running it through the system did...not sure why.

You got lucky. :D Most of the time, manually changing the password works very well.

Jack_wilds

I did what 'apsms' did, to no avail... the log-in says I am logged in but the downloading features, the log-out button and the search functions are still all restricted... haven't got a clue as to what the hang-up maybe...

Jmouse

Casper hasn't logged in today, but when he does I'm sure he can help you.

jjeffrey

I have "successfully" reset my password but still can't log in to LEX
Jeffrey

Jack_wilds

can't imagine what the hang-ups maybe... its just so odd... works fine for weeks no issues and then bang 'its all restrictions and no access for you...'  ()what() ??? :(

any updates?  or is it really broken... still in that 'logging on' limbo...

Jack_wilds

do not know what to make of it... :'( %confuso  as I am still unable to fully 'log-on' as I log-in it says I being logged in, but then all functions and operations are blocked asking me to log on in order to down load or search...  &mmm  its been 3 weeks of this now... any clue as to what the issue maybe?

Jmouse

drewstone4456

old account locked out drewstone358 so I created new username drewstone4456 and that got me access to the forum but LEX says I should have an activation mail.       Thanks

Jmouse

I have located your account and manually activated it for you. Please log into the LEX and make sure it works now.

Jack_wilds

hello Jmouse

posting to ask if there is any news as to when or how the issues I am facing will be fixed  ;)... and then a possible why as well  ???

appreciate any input on the matter... its over 5 weeks without LEX access or privileges... and its still a mystery  %confuso

THX  :)

APSMS

Jack, if I may suggest trying the default password reset option once more, and then simply ask for permission to create a new account until you can sort out the issues with your main one?

Considering the circumstances, I think that would be acceptable, especially since it's not intended to be a clone and you aren't using the server space more than normal (as perhaps if you made a new forum account). It would also indicate whether it's a problem with the account or with your ISP, if connecting remains an issue (it's probably with the account and thus a server issue; at least you'll have LEX access in the meantime, and Casper can delete the old account one he figures out what's wrong).

To the mods, is this out of line?

Jack_wilds

"default password reset option once more..."

is there a way or different way, than what I have done?... can U point to what 'button' I am to press to start this?... as I did make myself a new 'account' to no avail...  &mmm

APSMS

I just logged out, and then when trying to log in clicked on the link for "Forgot your password?" and put the info in. Although, if it doesn't work with a clone account, I'm not sure what is wrong or if trying a password reset will work.

Jack_wilds

I don't even have access to the 'log out' button for me to even log out  &mmm nor access to anything passed 'logging you in' but did as recommend, to no avail  ()sad() 

nothing works... I suppose I'm just stuck in a dog house...  ???

THX anyway...  ;)

catty

I'm clutching at straws here, but can you post some pictures of what you are seeing at each step (screen) maybe someone will be able to spot something that helps us sort out what the problem is.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.