• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Dave's Random LE Works

Started by tooheys, May 02, 2008, 08:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to the second page!

Wonderful work on that LOT there, Dave! And fantastic progress on it! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more of it... ;)

Pat

Dave not bad at all bud!!! Looking sweet!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Diggis

Looking good Dave.  :thumbsup:  Nice work chief.

tooheys

Thanks for the feedback. Here is the what is close to the finished lot.

One problem is that I have made this a commercial lot with jobs. To get it to work with the RHW I will need to somehow convert it to a park lot as the RHW doesn't provide road access.

Not a big change from the last lot of pic's, just a few more lights, peeps and trees.

paroch

Looking good there Dave.

This one is going to be very popular I believe when released.  That KFC building is a great choice for the lot - can I ask where it's from?  Not sure I've seen it before.

CasperVg

Looks really good, tooheys! How much dependencies does it use?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Jmouse

Looking good Dave. Not sure I fully understand the access issue since the lot appears to be on a feeder road, but I'm not really familiar with RHW. Anyway, I'm sure you'll get the details ironed out.

Later...
Joan

Pat

dave looking real great there my friend!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Mbolism

I really like your latest rest stop.  Very realistic.  The A&W and KFC shop reminds me of around here!

Anyway, here is a sat view of a truck scale near here I drive through often.  It's not a rest stop like you have been making, but a truck scale station like this would be awesome as well!

tooheys

Hi all, I'm back from the wilderness and hopefully can spend a bit more time around here, do a few updates and visit some threads.

Thanks for all the feedback. The rest stop is complete (well I think so anyway) and here are a few more pic's:

Just need to complete the readme, get some testing done and hopefully it will be on the LEX soon.

Cheers

Dave

paroch

Hi Dave,

Well that is looking very good indeed.  Plenty of activity going on there, which makes for an interesting lot.

I look forward to plopping a few of those in my cities.

Paul

bat

That rest stop is looking great, tooheys! And looking forward to the release... ;)

threestooges

Lookng good there Dave. I think you found the right balance on the lot, not too busy, but not dull/sparse. It's a big one, but I'm sure it'll be fairly easy to work with. Great stuff as always.
-Matt

TheTeaCat

Nice job you done with this mate  &apls &apls

There is just enough going on without it been too crowded to keep you attention - I like it :thumbsup:

can't wait to see it on the lex :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

Hi Dave, and welcome back! The rest stop looks great and I think it will be a popular addition to the LEX. On a recent road trip, I observed a lot of things including rest stops. I didn't see any like yours, but the one you've created is much more functional than the ones we encountered.

So, looking forward to DLing this in the near future...
Joan

Pat

Dave that is looking real good there my friend and I love how its turned out!!! You did a great job on it...

tooheys

Well it's been awhile since I've been here  ()sad()

But I'm still dabbling with the LE as my fellow NUTs know. Here are some pic's of a railyard I have put together for Balnavia. My first rail lot and first one that is TE'd (although that was a lot easier than I thought).

Let me know what you think. And I really show brush the cobwebs off the truck stop and get it to the LEX.

Cheers all.

Dave

Pat

Well Dave honestly I do like it a lot but if you wouldnt mind me suggesting that if you could add another line of rail that would go straight threw or even that could be a seperate lot all together then?? Other wise  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jmouse

You've done well creating a working rail yard, Dave. I'm kind of waiting for STR to be released as a finished product, but the Maxis DTRs you've used could certainly fit in with it. I guess. I'm a total dummy when it comes to tracks of any kind, but like the looks of the new ones showing up in 3RR.

In any event, there will need to be a rail yard somewhere near a BAT project I'm working on that was shipping out train-loads of cotton 150 years ago. Although there's been a slight interruption in production - those boll weevils can do some serious damage - things will be back on track soon.

Good work, and glad to see both of my partners back in LE.
Joan

TheTeaCat

Very nice work indeed. &apls

I like the overall look of the yard, just wonder how the get the containers on and off the carriages?

And dusting off the truck stop - an early xmas pressie methinks :D

till the next time

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II