• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM OSITM November 2016

Started by noahclem, November 05, 2016, 01:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APSMS

Looking good Alex!

@dyoungyn: SPUI has been under development Freeze ever since the P57 RHW took hold, and a redesign of the existing TuLEPs was scheduled. This current version will replace the one currently in the NAM; no new work has been done on it, and no future work will be done on it, as it is going to be replaced with the version that Tarkus is currently showing off.

So those problems you're haven't shouldn't exist in the new version, but neither will the old version exist to continue having those problems.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

dyoungyn

I thought so but wasn't sure as I am waiting on a comparable pc that SC4 works on that is not using Windows 10.  Regardless, the amazing work that is being done with SPUI's is amazing and exciting to  see what was once forgotten about for several NAM cycles. 

Not to mention the level SPUI's are going makes this even more amazing and extremely exciting.  To finally see development with AVE6/7 brings the thought process through the roof.  Once the ball is rolling, keep it rolling.

Thank you soo much for the wonderful exciting information of possibilities in the works.

mgb204

Great stuff Alex, not just getting us working SPUI's, but giving us new configurations and compatible networks. SPUI'd be mad to pass that up!  ::) (sorry)

@dyoungyn: Just a quick note, SC4 works fine under Windows 10. I tested this with pre-release versions and have kept a close eye on user feedback since. The disk version doesn't work with Windows 10, but I'd replace that with a digital version before considering a new PC. Anecdotally, I get the impression, changes in DirectX and WDDM with Windows 10 actually lead to better compatibility with older games too. If anything, you will get a better experience with Windows 10. So if you are having problems, better to start a thread and resolve them IMO.

dyoungyn

Well, it certainly is worth a try.  My only other concern, is that does the digital version of SC4 react the same as the CD version as the plugins, regions and albums?  I know this is not the appropriate thread.  I must be honest and may be my ignorance my search of Windows 10, but I gotten more out the last 5 minutes reading mgb204's post above then anything IRT Windows 10.  Finally, I assume the Steam version is acceptable.  Will I have to be on-line to operate?

APSMS

If you already have the Steam version, then sure, it works fine. You don't necessarily have to be online to use SC4 (Steam works offline just fine), but why do that when you have GOG.com or Amazon available?

I picked up a copy online at Amazon (digital download) for $5 on sale. SC4 comes on sale pretty regularly, too, and these alternative versions never require an online connection and are completely DRM free.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

dyoungyn

Wow and more wow.  Thank you sooooooooooo much for this information about the digital version of SC4 working with on Windows 10.  I just downloaded and the game loaded great.  Now I am currently installing/updating my Plugins and Regions from by backup.

Thank you soo much again.  Let the game begin.  Wow, this really is a blessing.

Tarkus

Thanks, dyoungyn, Absalom, and Robin! :thumbsup:

Quote from: dyoungyn on November 19, 2016, 07:20:47 PM
What about AVE6/7 at that level?  Finally, if one can have AVE6/7 at L1 as a SPUI, then will there be Flex slope pieces for AVE6/7 and going over all networks?

The FlexSPUIs for the AVE-6/TLA-7 are most likely going to be "grounded" at first.  The plan is to hold off on adding elevated L1/L2 versions of those until there are AVE-6 viaducts in place.  Those will be the first NWM viaducts you'll see, as they're by far the most in-demand (see all the people using RHW-6C workarounds), but they're at least a few releases off still.

-Alex

dyoungyn

Alex,

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, the work around truly is RHW6C.  I love the colors for the region view for RHW.  However, it does look odd that AVE6/7 is white and when one combines RHW6C for curves and diagonals, well, the drawing of the network(s) looks great only odd the different colors. 

Regardless, I am so thankful for imaginative creators such as your self that even made that possible and always welcome to anything and everything you and the entire NAM are so generous to share.

Keep up the stupendous work and soo looking forward to more.

rooker1

Wow, mind blowing work NAM Team and Alex!

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Tarkus

Thanks, dyoungyn and Robin (great to see you back around these parts)! :thumbsup:

I've just completed some further stabilization on the L1 Type 120 FlexSPUI, and got the first undercrossing situation coded:

-Alex

MushyMushy

Wow, that's seriously gorgeous!

&apls

dyoungyn

Yes, it truly is gorgeous work.; not to mention, at L1.

twalsh102

Great job! I've always been a fan of alternate intersection design.  And this looks so familiar - see attached JPG.  The intersection in the JPG is located in Colorado Springs, CO and is an intersection of one of the few major north-south corridors in the city, and one of the few major east-west corridors in the city.  To make things more difficult, this is at the southern end of a major shopping are.  The intersection, before being rebuilt, was an at-grade intersection that was a total nightmare, especially during the holiday shopping season.

Any chances of seeing a Diverging Diamond Interchange (http://divergingdiamond.com) or would this be something impossible to implement from a pathing standpoint?

dyoungyn

I believe and not speaking on behalf of the NAM Team, but as Alex above stated that AVE6/7 at L1/2 is in the works and probably will only be at L0 for the time being. 

As for a Diverging Interchange, that has already been implement several NAM cycles back.

compdude787

Quote from: twalsh102 on November 21, 2016, 09:24:15 AM
Any chances of seeing a Diverging Diamond Interchange (http://divergingdiamond.com) or would this be something impossible to implement from a pathing standpoint?

Diverging diamond interchanges already exist in the NAM. I can't remember exactly where you find them as it's been a while since I've made a DDI.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

tomvsotis

They're in the RHW/Avenue tab ring iirc

twalsh102

Thanks for the info everyone,  I thought I had looked everyplace, but obviously I missed it.

Tyberius06

Quote from: Tarkus on November 15, 2016, 08:37:31 PM

Are you referring to something similar to this?

It's under consideration, but not a particularly high priority at the moment.  The design of the ramp side of the new FlexSPUI is somewhat conducive to this sort of thing, but the surface street side is a bit trickier to negotiate, as any sort of asymmetrical turning lane situation is.  The main goal, at the moment, is to try to replace the existing "legacy" version of FlexSPUI with a new version that can fully interact with P57-era RHW systems.

-Alex

Hi, Alex

Something like this, but not exactly. What I wish that is this kind of intersection, but not as a SPUI or half SPUI. An AVE-RHW 4-6/MIS intersection with these turning lane solutions (marking/islands etc). We have similiar ones among the FAR RHW Intersection Puzzle Pieces. (see the attached picture. I would like something like that, but not FAR. Among the FAR PPs this is the only one which is a full intersection and don't need an other half, I could use more from these let's call "closed"/half intersections anyway, for the other FAR PPs as well - I mean for the three lane ramp and for the MIS pieces, even if I know the NAM Team is not interested in Puzzle Pieces anymore).

Anyway, very nice work with the SPUI, I can't wait to use them :)
Thank you,

- Tyberius/Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Kitsune

Quote from: Tarkus on November 20, 2016, 06:55:26 PM
Thanks, dyoungyn and Robin (great to see you back around these parts)! :thumbsup:

I've just completed some further stabilization on the L1 Type 120 FlexSPUI, and got the first undercrossing situation coded:

-Alex

Would it be possible to make the ends on slope tolerant ? This would be a nice feature for sunken highways.
~ NAM Team Member

Silur

There are many additions to NAM would lead to chaos and collapse of the system. Many crossing highways do not give anything new to SC4. A lot of people want from NAM different ideas. Very often it's just a simple desire. I think that the strong reaction to these wishes must be real.
Can be to think about the order in NAM and logical construction icons in menu.

Example - someone saw some road junctions around him house and want it in NAM, Fine, but it will make NAM program with endless options.
NAM - for All.
NAM - should be a handy tool.