• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Official Single Track Rail (STR) Plugin Bug Thread

Started by dedgren, March 04, 2009, 01:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanva

I took a pic with my digital camera and using Windows XP don't know how to get on your website?

Dino007

Quote from: deanva on July 20, 2010, 05:14:18 AM
I took a pic with my digital camera and using Windows XP don't know how to get on your website?

There is a "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, you will find it in the upper right corner. When you are in the game and want to take a picture just presss this buton, then go to MS Paint and press Ctrl+V. Then save the file and go to www.imageshack.us and upload the picture (click on browse button and select your pic, then click upload now.
TIGR

deanva

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1427/sc4pic.png[/IMG]

This will take you to the pic of the problem I am having. I am trying to place the default two lane road in the top menu. Not any roads or avenues can be placed across the track. I have downloaded both dependencies the May 2010 versions for the STR Mod.

Tarkus

Quote from: deanva on July 21, 2010, 05:29:53 PM
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1427/sc4pic.png[/IMG]

This will take you to the pic of the problem I am having. I am trying to place the default two lane road in the top menu. Not any roads or avenues can be placed across the track. I have downloaded both dependencies the May 2010 versions for the STR Mod.

It looks like you're trying to build the intersection too close to the starter piece.

-Alex

deanva

I went back and read the instructions for the STR Mod again and realized that I was not doing the laying of the track right. The roads will now work fine, sorry to cause a headache to many of you.
Dean

deanva

Jonathan,
I found out the reason that none of the roads would cross the rail tracks. i am trying to make a circular type rail system for an amusement park I am designing for my SC4 game.

jondor

Okay, here's a big post for you concerning crossings:

Starting with RHW

The RHW-2 texture looks a little outdated, I'm thinking 3.0?  Personally I would prefer to see stop lines (even though the automata won't stop), although I understand that causes extra work for the LHD version so use your discretion.

The diagonal RHW crossings have already been covered earlier, so moving on:

The RHW-4 crossing doesn't exist yet, which I'm sure you already know.  And even though they won't animate, crossing gates would be nice to see on the RHW-2 and 4 networks for DTR as well, also stop lines. (Granted this might fall under the NAM board more so than here.)

And where roads are concerned:

Stop lines again would be nice to see to match the DTR.

And the biggie:

Of the two Ortho STR x Diag road directions, only one is modded correctly.  I've read all about the fun times with the 'flips allowed' and 'rotations allowed' properties, so I do not envy this task.  :-[

Obviously the non-animating maxis t-21s should be removed (red) and the STR t-21s (blue) need editing to disallow this flip and instead new ones created, placing the gates in the positions marked by the blue dots.

(I understand the theory and terminology involved, but I haven't had much time to practice or I would pitch in on some of this.  ()sad())
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Tarkus

Quote from: jondor on July 24, 2010, 11:31:09 AM
The RHW-2 texture looks a little outdated, I'm thinking 3.0?  Personally I would prefer to see stop lines (even though the automata won't stop), although I understand that causes extra work for the LHD version so use your discretion.

That one hasn't been fixed mainly because all the RHW/STR stuff is on the RAM end, which hasn't been updated, as opposed to the RHW end.  It always gets a bit tricky when you've got multiple NAM plugins interfacing with one another to sync everything.  :D  Easy enough to fix, though.  As far as stop lines go, I'm looking at that on the RHW end.  I've been playing around with using true-3D flat props using buddybud's network prop technique and T21s for that sort of thing.  From a software design standpoint, it simplifies the RHD/LHD stuff, in addition to reducing file size and modularizing the stop lines.

Quote from: jondor on July 24, 2010, 11:31:09 AM
The RHW-4 crossing doesn't exist yet, which I'm sure you already know.  And even though they won't animate, crossing gates would be nice to see on the RHW-2 and 4 networks for DTR as well, also stop lines. (Granted this might fall under the NAM board more so than here.)

Strange . . . I could have sworn it existed. ::)  I'll have to check on that to see what's up there--thanks for reporting it!

-Alex

jondor

I totally understand how things can get out of sync with so many overrides interfacing with each other and so many things changing all the time. :-\

Sounds like a good plan with the stop lines.  I look forward to it.  :thumbsup:
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

deanva

So I take it the crossing gates automatically appear when you cross the railroad tracks with any kind of road?

Silur

Wake Up, Sleeping Thread !

Like CaptCity (Charlie) [March 2010] - "I wondering if I missed a fix or update for "S Ortho to Ortho STR Curve Rail".
Are these pictures true ?
Have we only one this way ?

Thank You.

TJ1