• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

underbridge textures?

Started by DocWright, February 19, 2007, 05:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWright

I think this would be pretty easy, maybe done in LE with existing textures? The idea is a 1x1 TE road/street with overhanging sidewalk texture to place next to an overpass, visually extending the sidewalk underneath to cover up that ugly green patch.

Diggis

unfortunatly textures can't overhang, only props can.  There are ways around this, but they aren't easy.

Serkanner

Have a look at the tutorial HERE by Metasmurf. It explains how to make your own "underbridge textures".

DocWright

I actually found that tutorial by Metasmurf before posting my question, but even in his solution it only covers empty space, not underpasses. Buddybud posted some overhanging props for sidewalks on the STEX a while back, but they have to be made on a lot in LE and I can never seem to find the props I'm looking for in there. I guess if it was an easy fix it would have already been done, huh? I know I'm not the first to ask about this, but thanks anyway for the replies.

Diggis

I think DW was looking into this for the BSC parks pack.  There is a similarly titled thread on Pegs site somewhere