• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

"heaps of trash" spots appear all throughout the city

Started by Sorengaard, November 06, 2008, 08:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorengaard

Hi all,

When I start-up time after working on my most advanced city trash spots appear throughout the city.  They are about the size of a dime. It takes a month or so but then they just appear.  They look just like the "heaps of trash -- garbage" prop. I started removing plugin files to narrow down what might be causing the problem. But they still appear.  They appear even if I remove both the My Document Plugin and the Maxis-SimCity 4 Deluxe Plugin.  So I have no idea what is causing the problem.  It doesn't happen in my other cities.  Just my most advance.  Any ideas on what could cause this and how to fix the problem?  Especially since both plugins can be empty.  Thanks  Steve

RippleJet

Most obvious question... is your city taking care of the garbage? ::)
Do you have a landfill, waste to enrgy plant or are you exporting your garbage?

Andreas

I guess that's a common problem that even experienced players fall for - you build some basic garbage facilities in your small city and forget about them while expanding your city. The Sims won't really complain about a bit of garbage that is laying around, but suddenly, you piled up some 50,000 tons, causing a massive decay. Plop some incinerators, lower the power budget to 0 and let them run for a few years, this should be sufficient to get rid of the piled up garbage. If you don't have any faulty plugins, two or three incinerators should be enough to take care of a city of around 150,000 inhabitants.
Andreas

Sorengaard

Hi RippleJet,

I never even considered that because even though I don't have any landfills nor do I export I do have multiple waste disposal, recycling, and waste to energy plants.  Much more than I figured I would ever need. I thought I would also be able to import from the other cities as well. Also I just liked the look of some, so I thought I over populated.  Maybe not.  But worth a try. 

jmdude1

if your waste facilities are getting filled up and you dont want to add more and more of them, try searching for 'black hole' at simtropolis.  gshmails has released some utility lots with large capacites. hope this helps.

blakesterville

sometimes simcity remembers that a plugin was once there(and I have no idea why). and you can't delete them.like simcity keeps them in a "secret" place.
there's no obvious way to fix it though - and it doesn't happen with all plugins , its really confusing to me to.

choco