• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

'Disabling' region mechanics?

Started by greizer, April 12, 2013, 11:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greizer

Hello, first time poster here. I thought I'd ask here as well as on the Simtropolis site, as I've not found a suitable solution yet. Here is my thread there, if it helps shed some light on the issue: http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/57126-disabling-region-mechanics/

Basically I want to disable the 'increased demand from neighbor connections' mechanic, or rather move it to a building or make it a default state in the game - so that I don't have to make neighbor connections but will still have their effect in my single Large city tile. I find that I immensely dislike the constant hopping from city to city; it totally breaks immersion for me. So if there's e.g. a building that simulates, say, 5 neighbor connections to commercial/industrial/whatever cities, I'd be more than happy to be directed to it.

NOTE: I'm not looking for a way to cheat or alter the game too much. This is the only change that I want to make. I still want to work for my skyscrapers, just not enter neighboring cities in order to do it.

Btw sorry if this is the wrong forum for this post... You may move the post in that case.   

NCGAIO

As I said in simtropolis

Tutorial:Demand, Supply and CAPs - read Regional Extrapolated Demand