• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jim plays the game.

Started by jmyers2043, April 13, 2012, 07:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Always good to see stuff from you Jim. Also good to see more of the coal facilities. I'd forgotten about those from GRV II. I like the layout. Your rural scenes are always top notch.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Niiiiiice!
Oh Jim, you better upload your things one day or I'll come down one day and knock on your door. I am still waiting that you upload some of those construction machineries and those workers.

I tried making some workers, but......darn, they look like contortionists......lol

Great job again.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Swordmaster

Great work, Jim. Your custom mades are very good as always. Some of these slopes around Blackmar seem a bit steep for farms, though. But the mining scenes and the fundraiser look quite good.

Cheers
Willy

SC4BOY

Nice work as usual!

I see in all those farms not a single water treatment plant ;) I assume you have mod'ed them to reduce water pollution?

jmyers2043

Threestooges and Swordmaster . . . Thank you. I enjoy the game, still.

mrbisonm . . . I'll put a six pack in deep ice until that day.

SC4BOY . . . Actually, I have not. I do use the SPA anti dilapidation mod to solve the affect that too much traffic has on farms and fields.   

This is a small set of pictures highlighting the Rocky Creek Mining Company. The in game function of this lot is that of a freight rail station. The conveyor overhangs the lot by about 3 tiles. So the mine does not necessarily have to butt up tight against a steep slope. One just needs to plant some trees or rocks and the conveyor will fade into the hillside, hopefully  &Thk/( .

I could use a few more of those low wealth street lights on the lot.

I'm still in Blackmar and this is another aerial view of the valley.

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Simcoug

I wish I could see your pictures, but the links don't seem to work for me.   In any case, I am looking forward to your mining creations - I did catch a glimpse of some of this work over at simpeg when you posted a sneak peak. 

SC4BOY

ditto for me.. your posts are now not getting photo links.. odd because last time I read it they worked fine. Hope it's a temporary problem.

jmyers2043

Quote from: SC4BOY on December 28, 2012, 08:09:27 AM
ditto for me.. your posts are now not getting photo links.. odd because last time I read it they worked fine. Hope it's a temporary problem.

It is temporary. I pay $5 a month for space and bandwidth at FileDen. They decided, for some unfathomable reason, to do some maintenance.

They're back.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

threestooges

I like it. The one question I have, not knowing much about the logistics of coal drags, but what's the slope of that rail going up to the mine? I know the cars going up the hill would be empty, so they should be more tolerant of a slope, but for steel-on-steel, that seems a bit steep.
-Matt

Air6

I really like the overview. The surrounding forest is very realistic. Do you plant trees "one by one" ?

Swordmaster

Very good. Great aerial. I concur with Matt about the rail slope, though I can't see it clearly from here. I would, in any case, decomission one of the tracks and make it STR. Less upkeep.

Cheers
Willy

weixc812

Wow, this countryside looks terrific, Jim  :thumbsup:
I'm expecting for more of your farm props, they really fit well in every rural scene  ;D
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here