• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Wow!  Awesome job there Tarkus!  Getting closer?  Thats fantastic!   :thumbsup:

Pat

Alex that is looking good and with your skills and some luck you will nail it down.... Again congrats my friend for your hard work on this - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Palpatine001

Ok for now I am doing the standard RHW-AVE-Road-2 lane RHW for State Highway One

As for the work on the ramps piece, execellent progress indeed :thumbsup:

Will be great to see the finished product

[Will post some pics of add on work at ST RHW thread]
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Tarkus

Glad everyone is enjoying the latest pics of the MIS.  DFire870, to answer your question about the tree-concealment of the Road-MIS intersection, I was actually trying to demonstrate how one can place trees between MIS ramps, but it did (unintentionally, I might add :D) serve that additional purpose.

Well, no hiding behind trees anymore.  This is a prototype texture, so it may not reflect the final product.

The whole interchange, which, as you can tell here by the RHW-2s randomly showing up, still isn't completely right RUL-wise yet.  But it's really getting there. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

JGCarter

sc4luv2

[

BigSlark

Wow! Kevin want! Kevin want!

Great work, Alex.  &apls

Cheers,
Kevin

Palpatine001

Great work there Alex indeed  :thumbsup:

Will go great on parts of the highway network that still need ramps and not a roundabout or intersection as I posted noted here

Good luck navigating that

While your ramps are a little long, that is of personal preference  ;)

Anycase I have been tweaking some RHW addons of mine that can be seen at the ST RHW thread]

[I am thinking on whether to post it here]

Keep up the good work
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Shadow Assassin

You know, Palpatine's pic gave me an idea.

What about a MIS attachment to the avenue roundabouts?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

riponite

An MIS connection to Roundabouts would be appropriate.  They are planning to do that around Oshkosh, WI on US-41 (Future I-41).  Check out Wis-DOT and you will see what the plans for US/I-41 look like.  The entrance/exit ramps will connect with roundabouts on either side of the interchange bridge.  (Ex:  ==0=====0==)  Look at the Hyw 21 interchange.  I believe they are doing it in many other places as well, but it is big news around east-central WI.  Many people around here are very unhappy about it, but not me.  Such is life and the way of progress.  Web Address:  http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/projects/us41expansion/ints.htm

Good call, Shadow Assassin.

Cheers,
Riponite

Filasimo

that sounds interesting SA here in Nashville,TN they had built a roundabout at the ramp exits and entrances connected with the road entrance one direction goes to the neighborhoods and the other direction goes to the entrance to an office center
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Shadow Assassin

They're also extremely common in Australia.

Here's an example: Oxley Highway/Pacific Highway Interchange, Port Macquarie, NSW

Another one, this time the M4/Prospect Highway Interchange, Prospect, NSW

The latter would be very easily created using the 2x2 (or 3x3) roundabouts. All that's needed is for the MIS to be made compatible with the roundabouts. That'll probably come later on down the track.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

You know, when I saw Alex' "uncovered" MIS ramp intersection with the road, I had the very same idea. It's getting increasingly common to use roundabouts for this here in Germany as well.
Andreas

JGCarter

Actually, theres on in Brooklyn, NYC, USA where the Belt Parkway meets Rockaway Parkway too!

DFire870

Wow, I didn't realize so many areas in the US use roundabouts for highway intersections. That's unheard of here in Texas. :P (I think the only roundabout in my city is in a shopping center)

And Tarkus, that looks great! I was wondering, in the first release of the MIS will there be an intersection between the MIS ramps and a one-way road? And not just with a one-way road crossing the RHW, but like a frontage road. I use frontage roads extensively in my region, and it would be fantastic if those intersections were included.

EDIT: I was also wondering, how many tiles will each network take up (including the compact and separable versions)? I need to plan my highways for the upcoming wider RHWs, and I can't find exact answers.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Haljackey

Well, it seems possible that you can connect the MIS to a roundabout if the MIS can connect to a one-way road, and then you could connect your one-way road to a roundabout just like you can now (unless a MIS-roundabout puzzle piece is made).  I never see this kind of interchange around here because about 99% of interchanges in Ontario, Canada are Parclos.  However, with the MIS you should be able to make parclos with not much trouble.

nerdly_dood

There are absolutely NO roundabouts in the city I live in, but there is a large complicated roundabout interchange in Washington DC over Interstate 395.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

dragonshardz

yup, there're lots here in the Phoenix area. getting very popular because they force people to slow down.

Palpatine001

I am glad I can spur on some inspiration somewhere no matter how minor
Now I am going into SC4 to try something and get a pic that gave me some inspiration

BRB as get the Pic  &idea

Got it

This is what is on offer at the moment using current NAM and RHW, yes a few glitches can be seen that the teams have to iron out

Whoops forgot to mention, this was done as a test for the options I had currently avaliable, while this is on State Highway 10, again this is a test bed for the options I had available and any future reference guide for the Team to work on.

So I'll wait and see what is cooked up in the labs down there  :thumbsup:
Now Idle

Haljackey

Hmm... I think you are overdoing it a bit Emperor Palpatine001.  How about something like this:

(BTW, thats an image from the first page of the RHW project @ ST... People have been requesting this for a LONG time now!)

It is possible to to this with the rural highway, as well as the in-game highway.  A quick example follows

Oh, and by the way, I would recommend using one-way roads as ramps rather than other networks because they look much nicer and connect better as well.  A quick example of mine follows:

Follow the link below the image to view it in FULL RESOLUTION! (1440x900) :thumbsup:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2849/downtownapr141571190833op4.jpg

Anyways, great work!
Best,
-Haljackey.