• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4D / LEX DVD

Started by Tiepi81, September 10, 2017, 06:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiepi81

Hi, after some years I started to play SC4 again. Meanwhile, I married a Malaysian woman. She was missing the Petronas Twin Towers (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia), also known as Kuala Lumpur City Center (KLCC), in my plugin folder. I can only agree with her (doh). Some research learned me that this wonderful building does exist: it's released as an exclusive lot on the LEX DVD. Unfortunately it seems the DVD isn't available anymore. Is there any way to still buy the DVD, or at least get the Petronas twin towers?

Tarkus

Unfortunately, the DVD has been out of stock for several years now, and there's been a lot of staff turnover since it was made. The one staff member here who had been handling an interim digital version hasn't been around here in years, either.  There's certainly still quite a bit of demand for the disc or a digital version, but the files are actually out of reach for us at the moment.

-Alex

Tiepi81

Too bad to hear that there seems no way to get the DVD content. If there's anyone with the Petronas twin towers in their plugin folder, please drop me a PM!

APSMS

If someone has the files the best option would be to locate the Admins and see about getting the files reinstated.

I do notice that there's a version of the Petronas Towers on the STEX. It's very old (2004) but it might scratch that itch until the version you seek can be found.

It's here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/3464-petronas-twin-towers/
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

FYI, while uploading the NAM onto the LEX via FTP, I found what appears to be an updated copy of the DVD's files from 2015--it looks like Barby uploaded them to the server shortly before she sadly passed away.  I've gotten jeronij's support for finding a way to distribute them as a digital edition. 

There's still a number of logistical details to work out to be able to reliably offer them up, and there may also be some things in there that we'd want to update (I think NAM 22 was on the disc, for instance), but it does look like we will be able to do something in the near future to offer this reward again to those gracious enough to donate the site.

Stay tuned.

-Alex

Tyberius06

Oh Man!
After NAM36 this is the best news! :) Thanks your effort! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

elhefebonito

As someone who got the DVD in 2010 and can't seem to find my archive, I too would be willing to fork up the 35euro or whatever to facilitate such a release.

Nevermore2797

Oh, please I want to see that updated Petronas Twin Towers. :)
Got to do the Crossover Series - STAT!

AsimPika3172

Sorry! Not available anymore and nobody have LEX DVD which included latest Petronas Twin Tower...  ()sad()
I also want this, but better use old one at Simtropolis website right now.  :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!

catty

Quote from: AsimPika3172 on February 19, 2019, 04:31:51 PM
Sorry! Not available anymore and nobody have LEX DVD which included latest Petronas Twin Tower.....

Some of us still do so I feel a bit guilty .... both disks combined are only 4.6gb and nothing was zipped which made setting up a plugin folder a breeze, or course it now quite out of date as the NAM on it says it was created back in 2009

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.