• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durfsurn

Incredible! I'm constantly, and absolutely stunned as always Korver!

mattb325

Amazing images! I love the farnsworth house scene (that water, oh boy!) and the Navy pier in the Chicago update.

As for the melbourne update. Just stunning! It's great to see so many of Reddonquixote's excellent bats shown off with your CJing talent  &apls

korver

- UPDATE 79: Pacific Northwest -

The Pacific Northwest is a geographic region of the northwest United States - and also usually encompasses the southwestern part of Canada as well. Well known for its majestic mountains, lush forests, modern cities, and more - there's plenty here to keep you in awe. Today we'll be taking a look at some of the area's most spectacular sights.

Our trip begins in scenic Olympic National Park - located in western Washington, this vast wilderness is one of the world's best preserved temperate rain forests.

The Pacific Northwest is home to a number of major cities like Portland - also known as the City of Roses. The Old Town's White Stag Sign is one of the skyline's most distinctive and recognizable landmarks.

An overview of downtown Portland featuring the KOIN Center, Wells Fargo Center, and the U.S. Bancorp Tower.

Our next stop is the Emerald City - Seattle. The famed Space Needle offers incredible views of the city - built for the 1962 World Fair, it quickly became the city's most iconic landmark.

Safeco Field, home of MLB's Seattle Mariners since 1999.

A look at downtown Seattle at night with a few of it's most iconic skyscrapers in view - such as the Columbia Center, Seattle Municipal Tower, and the Smith Tower.

We travel north of the border to visit one more of the Pacific Northwest's most iconic cities, Vancouver. Scenes like the one below are common here - with the city core being filled with countless modern glass condominiums.

A look at downtown Vancouver - the large Bentall Centre is one of the city's most popular destinations.

We start heading South to take a look at some of the Pacific Northwest's most amazing natural wonders, starting with Washington's majestic Mount Rainier. Rising 14,411 feet tall, it's the tallest point in the Cascades and can be seen all the way from Seattle, nearly 100 miles way.

Rising 11,249 feet tall, Mount Hood is Oregon's highest peak and is another one of the region's most impressive mountains.

Our last destination is one of America's most prized natural wonders, Oregon's Crater Lake. After the eruption of Mount Mazama nearly 8,000 years ago, the caldera filled up with rain water and snow melt - giving it a mesmerizing azure hue.

-korver

---

Replies

Akallan: Thank you very much for the comment, glad you liked the pictures :)

manga rivotra: Thanks for the comment, glad you enjoyed the old city scenes and the rest of the updates :thumbsup:

noahclem: Appreciate for the nice words! Thanks again for the tram set :thumbsup:

Themistokles: Thank you very much for the comment! :)

PaPa-J: Thanks for the comment! The people in that scene are MMPed, and come from both the Nams MMP set and the Delecto sets. While many of the other scenes in the update are functional and use the NAM networks (meaning I can't MMP people on the roads), I had to make that scene non functional so I could place people on the roads so I converted some of the tram textures that noahclem graciously sent me into Lot Editor textures and created some custom lots. I also had to reduce the size of the occupant size property of a few buildings and props in iLive's reader to get a few of the MMPs even closer to the buildings.

Durfsurn: Thank you very much for the kind words! :)

mattb325: Thanks alot for the nice comment, glad you enjoyed Chicago and Melbourne :)

Alan_Waters

The first time I see that the artistic masterpieces were written by the game.

Tyberius06

Really nice pictures again! I really like the Crater Lake picture! :)
Nice work!  &apls &apls &apls

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

manga rivotra

Another great update !  &apls &apls &apls
indeed your landscape are outstanding, so realistic !  :o
I'm curious, what do you use to create your so precise relief, sc4terraformer or something else?

korver

Thank you very much for the comment Alan_Waters! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Tyberius06! Glad you liked Crater Lake :thumbsup:

Appreciate the nice words manga rivotra! I've tried using SC4Terraformer in the past but I always had problems getting it to run properly - so I'm using SC4 Mapper 2013 for all my nature scenes.

art128

Stunning landscapes and cityscapes!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

korver

- UPDATE 80: Shanghai -

With a population of nearly 25 million, Shanghai is one of China's largest cities and an important international business and financial center. From small market town in the 1200s, prosperous colonial port city in the 1800s, and finally a rising global economic hub in the present day - it's a city with an impressive history and a bright future. Today we'll be taking a look at a number of the city's most iconic landmarks and districts.

With a number of vital rivers crossing the city - the waterfront has always played an important role in Shanghai's past and present. The Bund is where we'll begin our tour of Shanghai - this waterfront district along Zhongshan Road runs alongside the Huangpu River and contains many of city's most historic buildings - it was truly quite the spectacle during it's heyday in the early 1900s.

Overlooking the northern end of The Bund is the iconic Broadway Mansions - since it's completion in 1934, this timeless Art Deco hotel has served as a symbol of Shanghai.

Since the early 1900s, Nanjing Road has been the city's main shopping street and is constantly buzzing with tourists and locals, day or night.

The striking design of Shanghai Stadium is one of the city's most unique sights - it's been the home of Shanghai SIPG Football Club since it's opening in 1999 and has hosted a number of important events as well.

Located in the heart of Shanghai's shopping district in Puxi, the distinctive Tomorrow Square tower rises 934 feet and is one of the city's tallest buildings.

A view of Shanghai's Pudong district and CBD overlooking the Huangpu River - with the centerpiece being the stunning 2,073 foot tall Shanghai Tower. Completed in 2014, it's currently the world's second tallest building.

A final of view of Shanghai's skyline at night, featuring many of the city's most impressive buildings such as the Shanghai World Financial Center, Jin Mao Tower, Bank of China Shanghai, and the futuristic Pearl Oriental TV Tower.

-korver

Special thanks to noahclem for the tram textures used in the Bund picture - much appreciated :thumbsup:

Art128: Thanks for the nice words! :)

Seaman

I mean, it would be pretty nerdy, but I am thinking of a photobook. "Korver's trip around the world" with high gloss pictures you can look at while sitting in an armchair. I guess, it would feel like a mix between national geographic and "Where's Waldo".

Good job, again, korver!  &apls

Alan_Waters

It's grandiose! There are no other words.  &apls &apls &apls

art128

Shanghai is definitely a beautiful city.

Be careful though, the base of the Oriental Pearl Tower is overhanging on the avenue, might be a little dangerous for those sims driving around it. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

gaoting

Korver,It' s so wonderfuil.Is the shanghai center Tower's lot made by you?it's nice!I hope you will release it.Next time ,you may be able to release Beijing, ;D

reddonquixote

I've missed a few updates.

Great job with Melbourne of course. You've captured the scenes really well, the wide suburban streets in particular. You have showcased Flinders Street Station beautifully.

Some lovely mountainous scenes in Pacific Northwest update, you always do the natural scenes really well.

&apls &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

mattb325

Shanghai is brilliantly executed. I really love the vibrancy of the historic picture  :thumbsup:

PaPa-J

Really nice work.  Another masterpiece.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

korver

Replies

Seaman: Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed this episode from my trip around the world :thumbsup:

Alan_Waters: Appreciate the comment, happy you enjoyed the update :)

art128: Thank you very much for the comment! Yeah, unfortunately I sorta realized that after the fact but let's say that it's elevated a little bit off the road and the cars can drive under it for now ;)

gaoting: Thanks for the nice words! The Shanghai Tower is a custom model I got online and I converted it into a SC4 BAT. I have a few more Asian cities in mind for some upcoming updates and I've given Beijing some thought recently, so we'll see. ;)

reddonquxiote: Appreciate the nice words as always! Glad you enjoyed the updates, had a great time finally getting to use all of your excellent Melbourne BATs :thumbsup:

mattb325: Appreciate the kind words, glad you enjoyed the update and the historic Bund :)

PaPa-J: Thank you very much for the nice words! :)

korver

- UPDATE 81: Scenes From Hong Kong -

With a population of nearly 8 million, one of the world's most recognizable skylines, and a thriving business sector - Hong Kong is one of the world's most important global cities. Today, we'll be taking another look at this city's famous skyline and much more as we further explore Hong Kong Island, the mainland, and more.

We'll begin with another look into the past - back at the turn of the century, Hong Kong was still was still growing British colonial establishment. The city's port along Victoria Harbour continued to grow and grow throughout the years and was often crowded with junks, sampans, and other maritime vessels.

Opening in 1998, Hong Kong International Airport, or Chek Lap Kok is the city's main airport and is located on reclaimed land outside Lantau Island in the western portion of the city. The distinctive Y-shaped terminal is said to resemble an airplane in flight.

Just outside the airport is where you'll find Seaview Crescent and Tung Chung Crescent - two of the city's most impressive residential high rises.

A rainy day in the city's Wan Chai District - home to the sleek Central Plaza.

A late night in central Hong Kong with a view of The Center.

The rain picks back up again as we visit the the city's Admiralty District - which features many of the city's most iconic skyscrapers like the Bank of China Tower, Lippo Centre, and the Pacific Place complex.

A view of Hong Kong's stunning Union Square and the neighboring New Yau Ma Tei Typhoon Shelter at night. Rising 1,538 feet tall, the towering International Commerce Centre is the centerpiece of the complex and the city's tallest building.

Our visit concludes with one last overview of Hong Kong's spectacular skyline and Victoria Harbour at sunset.

-korver

gaoting

你真的太厉害了,已经是相当接近了,而且比如会展中心这类没有的插件你也做出来了,强!都不由得用中文夸你了,哈哈,GREAT JOB!

PaPa-J

&apls Amazing, simply amazing.  &apls
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.