• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Wow, nice lot. Thank you for the test.
As I can see my props seem to be just fine. So, I will keep this scaling and also the modelfile in gmax for futur reference.

I am not home at the moment, but I will be back soon to gather all this MFP1 mess I have on my HD and make it available as soon as possible.
Now........
This is just a side note: I glanced at the values in your prop exemplar and noticed a couple of things. Your prop will only show a zoom levels 2-5 but your actual model has the fsh files for all levels. I also see that you currently have the Is Ground Model set to False so no shadows would show up. Since I used your model for my building neither of those came into play. How do I change this?.......I have no idea.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

jmelvin

Fred,
You could use the ilive reader to open the descriptor file for your prop. It is a good practice to creat a backup copy of your file before using the reader. When you first open the reader the window will look something like this (depending on which version of the reader you use - this is from version 0_9_3):

Clicking the Open button will let you open the file you want to edit (the DESC file for your prop in this case). Opening your file in the reader will look something like this ):
]

The left hand pane now shows an icon for your file. You have to click on the Fill the List button in the right pane to see what is in your file. Don't worry about what shows up in the new right pane yet. Single click on the Exemplar file in the middle pane to open the exemplar and you will see something like this:

You can double click on any of the properties in the right pane to change their values. Property Appearance Zooms Flag controls which the zoom levels at which your prop will show up. The value 1E means it will only show at zoom levels 2-5. Changing this value to 1F would have it show at all levels. Double clicking on that property opens a new window that looks like:

You would select the "E" in the Values as text line, replace it with an F, click on "Apply" on that line, click on the Apply below that. That will close that window and you can then see that the value has changed on the original screen. You can then change any other properties the same way.

The Is Ground Model property controls wheter or not your prop will cast a shadow in-game; False (value=0) means shadow. The Light property should be False if the model for your prop doesn't have any nightlighting effects. Orient to Slope should be False if you don't want your prop to conform to the slope (such as for props like trees, people, and buildings).

For a prop that is this size, the Query as main building property should probably be set to True and a User Visible Name property be added with value set to 0,0,0 (Quote from: Names and Descriptions of Buildings and Props by RippleJet
        "Query as main building = True
        (User Visible Name Key = 0,0,0 or any other address)
        Hovering above the prop, you will see the hover query for the building on the lot (the same as you would see hovering over the building)."   
User Visible Name Key   0x8A416A99   Uint32   3   0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000   

As things are now with Query as main building set to False, hovering over this prop will show the name of the prop as shown in the Exemplar Name within your prop exemplar (i.e., Rightscale_MFP1-Farm).

I always make it a habit to right click in the middle pane and hit the Reindex option then right clink there again and hit the Rebuild Directory File option and finally save my work using the Save button near the top of the screen.

I would be willing to go through your prop files and take care of this for you. I would let you know what changes I recommend before changing anything. I'm thinking that most of your props should have Is Ground Model and Orient to Slope both set to True. That way, shadows would be cast and the prop would tilt with the slope like farm machinery does in real life.

Hope this helps.

FrankU

Hi guys,

Nice lotting!
Actually you can see that the JMyers wooden barn with the red roof is a bit out of scale: it's too big in relation to the large main building, but that is not your problem Fred!
And indeed JMyers made a lot of timed props in his farming props set. And as I am not really fond of timed props (except for my farm fields that is...) I made new prop exemplars form the models for use in my farm lots.
I really will have to take a week off my job just to make new lots with your toys!

So Fred, just send them my way!

fantozzi

Quote from: FrankU on December 09, 2018, 07:09:14 AM
Hi guys,

I really will have to take a week off my job just to make new lots with your toys!

So Fred, just send them my way!

Those few hours after christmas dinner, when mother needs to retire a little bit and the children play with their new toys and outside snow is falling and it becomes afternoon fast and the whole house becomes quite. And you pick up your notebook and start SC4.

Believe me - these are the best hours in life. As holidays are the best time to play SC4.

FrankU

Well, for me the best time is when the children are at school and my wife is off to her job.

After Christmas dinner we sit in the room and have a glass of wine and talk about the year that is almost over.

And snow... that is a different story altogether. We would like to have some, but I do not remember a year with snow, or it must have been in my youth. And that is more than 40 years ago.

:thumbsup:

FrankU

Dear friends,
Is has been a long time. And it will get worse.
I have not played SC4 for more than a year. I even haven't done any lotting. Due to several reasons, and even I don't know all of them, I have lost interest in the game, so this post is like a kind of farewell to all of you who still play, lot and BAT.

But there is something.
I have worked on a large set of farm lots, together with mrbisonm, who was doing some BATting. It would be a pity if these would just be thrown away, so I decided to offer you my almost finished lots. If anyone of you is interested in finishing and releasing them I will gladly send my stuff to you. The files are quite arranged and it could be that you will be able to finish them. If you are willing I will not put any restrictions: you can do with them whatever you like. Only if you decide to release them fairly unchanged I'd like you to refer to them as "inspired by FrankU".
Please send me a PM if you are interested.

A farewell to all of you!

Frank

metarvo

Thanks for everything Frank.  You will certainly be missed; I know I will!  Goodbye, and good luck.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

fritzfarlig

good luck I have DL many your works

fantozzi

I can't accept this. We need you here.

Tyberius06

Hi FrankU,

I hope the best for you, I hope you put all your SC4 related stuffs (doesn't matter if you created them or just downloaded them) into a safe place and wouldn't get rid of everything. You might want to come back later in the future and it would be much easier if you have all the files, what you used to have.
I haven't played with SC4 apart from a few testings, but when in aug/sept 2017 my most developed city got Poxed (half a year before Simmaster came up with the solution and fix), I lost a bit of interest of playing. But I'm still lotting.
Take a break (if it means years, then it means years), and then you will see!
Thanks for all your work!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

FrankU

Hi metarvo, fritzfarlig, fantozzi and Tyberius,

Thanks for your replies.
No I will not put everything away. I will keep all the files, so who knows....
The Pox certainly annoyed me a lot. It is one of the main reasons for losing interest. I never got as far as installing the fix, because I had stopped playing by then already.  Another reason is the fact that my Dutch Farms Set became a bit too heavy and still hasn't been finished yet.
Other reasons are outside of SC4: I lost my job in an unpleasant way and had to find other resources. I started my own consultancy, which took a lot of energy. It is going well now, but of course demands energy and attention.

Meanwhile two people sent me a PM. They offer to finalise my set and make them a part of CAM farming, for which my set is designed in fact.

But I first have to consult mrbisonm, because he is the owner of the barn-models that are the core of my farms set.

Greetings! Frank
I will never forget the fine atmosphere and helpfulness of this community. And indeed, you never know if I'll be back.  ;D

Jack_wilds

so sorry about RL taking a toll...  :(

as I was looking your lotting and to all of nexis' prop packs
and then lotting my own farms and agriculture...  :) :crytissue:

so will pm my request as well...

enjoyed all the projects you did share with us all here...  :thumbsup:
they fill many sim towns everywhere  &apls

be blessed with a long prosperous life filled with goodness  :)

mrbisonm

Ok, it is time for me to surface again and make sure to leave a lifesign.......lol

A lot of things have changed in my life, health, age, interests, upcomming full retirement, separation from lynncanox, my wife, sold my farm and other things etc etc.
I also (temporarily)  lost my taste for computergames mostly because computers, programs, windows etc are only partially working elements for me and have destroyed my likes of touching ' Puters.

My models of the MFP1 are all ready, I have to pack them, explain them, then upload them. That will be done in February 2020, because before this it will be impossible for me to find the time to re-open my hundreds of SC4 folders.

I herewith will ask Frank to be patient again until February before uploading his LOTting works. I will then upload all my MFP 1 models in one shot, ready for the Lotters to go "nuts". If for any reason, I will not be able or ready to do this, I will give Frank the permission to upload his lots with the Nexis propsets he already has in posession.

Until then, wish me luck with the projects that I have to finish before my full retirement. Thanks for being patient. :)

mrbisonm/ Fred

xxdita

Frank & Fred, if I can help in any way to get the farms and models on the LEX, please let me know.

FrankU

Hi guys,

Well, with Fred I am discussing the issue about sending my and/or his files to someone else at this moment.
I can imagine the option that I send my stuff together with Fred's props that are in my possession. You could then already start digging in my stuff and start (re)lotting, but you should only upload the stuff with Freds permission. I am not sure if this is a good way to proceed. Anyway I need Fred's permission to do this, so we are talking about the pros and cons at this time.

Please have some patience!

And thanks for the offers I already received. It could be nice to see what comes out when I send my stuff to several people. Whatever you do with them is OK with me: you can release them as they are (there are only about 4 or 5 lots that really need some attention, the other 100 are ok), I guess only one of you should do that....
Or you can completly rebuild them with totally other dependecies..... As long as the community can use them, as long as you place my name somewhere in the readme or the file names, and as long as it's fun for you.

Greetings,

Frank

fantozzi

You have to think of a way to avoid different lotters upload the same props/lots. What if you give everything to Fred first and when he's done with the prop packs then he'll hand out your lots to the lotters you did choose?

mrbisonm

Like I said, I won't be ready before february.
But I have two options to offer:

1.  You all wait until February and I will upload all MFP1 Propsets at the same time.......or
2.  I could upload the first Propsets or props that FrankU 's lots have now and the others in february.

Fit this yourself to your liking, FrankU, and let me know please, I will have to find these propsets first.

Like fantozzi said, it is better that I upload the individual MFP sets myself (whether some now or later) not to have several of the same on the "market" To me, it doesn't change anything, I can always delete the ones I uploaded earlier once the others are ready and then upload all the sets at the same time.

Fred

mrbisonm

Ok, it has been decided.

I will upload the MFP 1 Set 1 Buildings later today to the Lex and then to the Stex later this week.
............followed by the Set 2A tommorrow ,and the Set 2B the day after, (giving me the time to create the readmes and pics) so that the lots that FrankU started and sent to someone else, can be continued.

Other Sets will follow, I have no idea when exactly, but they will be all available before the end of february (maybe one here and then in between).

If lots are to be uploaded anywhere which include these props, make sure to mention the links of these Nexispropsets as reference. Do NOT upload these files anywhere else, please.

Fred

EDIT: I will confirm the upload once it's done right here.

xxdita

We don't require ReadMe's for prop packs or models, just for lots and mods. Pictures are helpful.

mrbisonm

Quote from: xxdita on January 02, 2020, 10:31:30 AM
We don't require ReadMe's for prop packs or models, just for lots and mods. Pictures are helpful.

I kinda thought so too, but wasn't sure. Thanks for specifying. Anyways I added some other important messages in the readme since this will be more than 20 uploads to come. I suppose I will continue to do so.

BTW, the
First Set of the MFP1 is now available.
https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3898

Fred