• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

Wonderful!This is just great

Tyberius06

&apls &apls &apls
It's huge, it's nice, these details... OMG :D :D
I love those concrete (?) road barriers side of the road curves. I could use them in other Lotting projects of mine. Did you make them, or they are already existing?
Can the tram models be replaceable (is that even an existing word??? Sorry if It isn't) for example with the VDK tram automatas? Because I use his automatas (the Hungarian ones), and it would be odd a little bit... But anyway...

Huge thanks for your work!!! :) &apls &apls
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Terring7

Oh boy, that's impressive! Great job :bnn:
By the way, I wonder if those trams are available as automata as well. I'd like to see them moving around in my cities.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Vizoria

Too. Much. Realism.

Well done! The crane lifting the concrete barriers into place was a nice touch! It's one of Bipin's cranes right?

dyoungyn

WOW!!! You even got down to the last detail as the Jersey Walls on the corners.  I am not a big fan of the pink surface under the rails, however, FANTASTIC and IMPRESSIVE work.

vortext

yeah I agree the construction scene is a nice touch but I do have two remarks about it. First, the crane doesn't cast a shadow. Simple fixed by setting 'IsGroundModel' to true in the prop exemplar.

Secondly I feel the temporary nature of construction work kinda clashes with the permanent nature of the lot, imho these kinda temporary scenes are best done either by MMP, or small eyecandy lots. I'd either leave it out, or offer an 'under construction' version of the lot in addition to a normal, 'completed' version. Or maybe that's exactly what you had in mind already, in which case you can disregard this all together.  :)

Other than that, it's looking really, really great.  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Jack_wilds

all I can say is...

Awesome     :bnn:

watching progress on the lunch breaks
:popcorn:

Pat

Im soooo drooling over this wow!!!! Great work indeed Simmer

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

belfastsocrates

Quote from: Simmer2 on April 26, 2016, 01:02:19 PM

belfastsocrates See what you started?  ;)

:D

I may have planted the seed but the work you've put into this project is immense and pretty spectacular and all of your own. Incredibly impressive  &apls
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

Gugu3 Thank you!

Tyberius06 Yes those barriers along with many new props you see are mine and will be uploaded as a separate prop pack for everyone to use. As far as the automata, I'm still in the infancy of batting and have not dabbled with automata making yet.
However vester made a close enough match a while ago and you will find it in his VDK GLR vol 3. You can see it in action in the following pics.

Terring7 Thank you! Please read above for the automata answer.

Vizoria Thank you! Aye, I do tend to get carried away by realism when I make lots  ;D

dyoungyn Thank you! As far as the "pink" surface, its actually made of crushed salmon colored bricks and I had to stick with the program which was to replicate a real depot. (see pics).

vortext The construction scene was a temporary thing I put together just to emphasize the fact that I'm still working on the project  ;)  The final lot will have no such thing because it will be...finished!!

Jack_wilds So its like having dinner and a show :D Gonna start selling tickets :P

Pat Thank you!

belfastsocrates Thank you!!

I'm now at the testing stage. I have pathed the ground level GLR and it works! Trams will happily use my lot!!
Here are a few pics to showcase that indeed it works. I have activated the path tool so you can clearly see it and you can also see one of vester's automata running through the lot.

It is still work in progress and I have already made some changes right after I made these pics  :D

So once again here is the original for the ones that have not seen it.

And here are the pics.

________________________________________________________________________________

_Michael

vortext

Quote from: Simmer2 on May 04, 2016, 08:31:16 AM
vortext The construction scene was a temporary thing I put together just to emphasize the fact that I'm still working on the project  ;) 

:facepalm:

In hindsight the two gifs were pretty big indicators of wip status as well . .  ::)  :D

Exciting the hear it's closed to finished!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

TheTeaCat

Looks ........ what's a good word..... Stupendous!
Yes that will do until I can find a better superlative!
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

APSMS

@Simmer2 @Tyberius06
I think he was referring to whether or not these were automata generated models like those used by mgb204 in his rail depot lots.

From your answer it appears they are BATted, but it may be worth giving the other method a look, since otherwise it limits use of the lot to either those with similar looking trams or those with the skills and will to change the lot in the LE, which isn't always an ideal solution (or suggestion).

Those tram BATs are indeed impressive, but as I said, they are a bit limiting o the potential uses (LHD is a lot easier to ignore).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

manga rivotra

This is actually very impressive !   :o
Thank you for all the new lots, it's a real pleasure to play with  :thumbsup:
About catenary, I have a suggestion (if you allow) : i don't know if you plan to make the T21 for all tram lines, but I think the posts seem a bit too white and shiny especially from zoom 4.
I know they really are white on the RL picture, but I think they would be more consensual with a neutral or metallic appearance.
In any case, thank you again for your outstanding work, i'm impatient to see the next  :popcorn:

Gugu3

Alan_Waters

You can do that in the parking lot were the same trams, as well as main in tram mod,  as in the tram depot on MGB204?

Simmer2

Thank you all for the kind replies and suggestions.
Considering the odd angles involved with my tram models I have a hard time figuring out the proper course of action in order to have installed automata to show up properly.
If I recall correctly, Robin's lots only work with a few of vester's automatas, not all of them.
In conclusion I will not, at this time, tackle that conundrum until such time as my skills, on that type of modding, improve considerably.
Regarding the poles, I will leave them as they are to reflect the fact that they are brand new, on par with the new look and feel of the real life one.

You will be happy to know that I amended the base texture in order to reflect the finished project status.
I will now begin testing the ensemble on a 7GB plugin to see how it behaves and will report my findings as soon as they are completed.

Regards

Simmer2/Nick

________________________________________________________________________________

Alan_Waters

mgb204

Quote from: Simmer2 on May 06, 2016, 09:25:56 AM
Considering the odd angles involved with my tram models I have a hard time figuring out the proper course of action in order to have installed automata to show up properly.
If I recall correctly, Robin's lots only work with a few of vester's automatas, not all of them.
In conclusion I will not, at this time, tackle that conundrum until such time as my skills, on that type of modding, improve considerably.

Well, technically my props will work with all automata, regardless of who made them. The issue is that when you place the props on a lot, you space them according to one set. Therefore, if a user had larger automata, they may appear to overlap each other. Whilst if they were using smaller automata, they could appear with gaps. Given the reluctance of many to whip out the lot editor and make small adjustments, I can understand why you might prefer another approach.

As for adjusting/adding such angled-versions, that's really no big deal, since S3D automata models are true-3D models. So you can rotate them to any angle you like. That said, I don't recall making any other than straight ones for the RDP pack, so they wouldn't have existed to begin with.

Once again though Nick, it's nice to see you putting the Rail Depots to great use. I never expected to see one lot with them so soon, let alone two. I know this is another one that will make my plugins folder. I really feel you are at the forefront of a new style of lotting altogether. Just making completely custom textures for each lot is something that you rarely see. I also like how you are not afraid to use dependencies, which prevents the feeling of the lots being dumbed down for release, as is so often the case. The result is a series of lots that ooze details and stand out as centrepieces whenever you see them. Not something that's commonly achieved with off-the shelf downloads. :thumbsup: