• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

Simmer2

Quote from: mgb204 on December 31, 2015, 12:51:22 PM
Quote from: Simmer2 on December 31, 2015, 08:19:08 AM
Great idea Robin! Should I make a few transitions and amend the packs? or upload a smaller pack?

My mistake, I had thought the textures included one you used on your railyard lots, was that from another pack or am I mixing it up with something else. I guess I'd just update the pack, since you should only need this for the basic ortho textures.

Because my railyard  entry and exit rail pieces are not regular straight overlays but are custom textures overlays which I made for the lot and because almost none of the base nor ties are showing on those pieces, I think transitions are a waste of time to implement for my lot.
Therefore I will not change the 60s freight and livestock railyard.
However I have made transition textures that match the standard RRW color scheme ( 1 straight DTR and 1 straight STR) which I will add to the RRW_Lottex_SM2 texture pack as soon as all the testing is done.
In conjunction with the ones already in my pack everyone will be able to use them as entry/exit points for lotting purpose.

I'm currently working on another RRW project.
I will reveal it when ready.

Cheers, Nick.
________________________________________________________________________________

Girafe

Quote from: Indiana Joe on December 30, 2015, 10:43:03 PM
Quote from: Girafe on December 30, 2015, 01:03:40 PM
I just check the RRW textures pack and I am surprised that they are not matching the draggable RRW textures, is there a trick to fix that?

My original versions of the textures perfectly match with draggable RRW; Simmer chose to make them darker for his pack.  They're up for download in the RRW thread

Ahah, awesome. Would you mind to release them on the LEX. They are quite difficult to find on that thread and I am pretty sure many people would love to get them  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Simmer2

Several new transitions from standard RRW to my color scheme plus a DTR to railyard junction are now online.
Please re-download the texture pack here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3310

Have fun.

Simmer2, Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

RRW DTR to QTR spurs anyone?
Also STR to QTR, STR, DTR and anything in between!

Currently working on making a whole bouquet of them, all sizes all flavors  ;D

FrankU

Simmer2

Quote from: FrankU on January 05, 2016, 12:18:54 AM
Nice, really nice....  &apls

Thanks Frank.
I will be releasing them in sets of 10. Everyone will have many styles to choose from.

Simmer2

Something else I have been working on, full TE'd DTR sidings on a single tile. Just like real life.
Lets see where this goes.
Spurs are progressing fine, they should be ready in a couple of days.

Here is a few pics of the full DTR siding test lot, with props.

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Vizoria

Amazing railway lots! When you place them on the railway are adjacent wealth tile textures created on the railway to?

noahclem

Looks great   &apls  Would a longer version be possible? Are they slope tolerant?

Gugu3

Excellent lots!Just waiting to see where you can get :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Quote from: compdude787 on January 06, 2016, 09:52:32 PM
That looks cool!

Thank you! compdude787

Quote from: Vizoria on January 07, 2016, 01:36:57 AM
Amazing railway lots! When you place them on the railway are adjacent wealth tile textures created on the railway to?

Hi Vizoria, if you look closely you can see a low wealth dirt texture where the lots meet the rail and other lots.
Trying to figure out if I can make them completely inert.

Quote from: noahclem on January 07, 2016, 04:30:00 AM
Looks great   &apls  Would a longer version be possible? Are they slope tolerant?

Hi Noah these lots can be made up to 64 tiles long  :D
But being single tile rail with prop lots, I decided to make them slope intolerant. Its more visual conducive.

Quote from: Gugu3 on January 07, 2016, 06:55:40 AM
Excellent lots!Just waiting to see where you can get :thumbsup:

Hello Gugu3
Once I worked out a couple of kinks they will be released for everyone to enjoy  :thumbsup:

Vizoria

Simmer2, I wonder if you could be so kind as to add a simple 1 by 1 blank TE RRW piece which has only a wealth texture and RRW track? It would simply add wealth textures to adjacent RRW tracks (which can't be reached by the wealth tiles created by lots) which are 3 or more tracks wide. It would work cosmetic wonders to the RRW appearance, especially in urban areas.

I think it would make a great addition to your spur and sidings RRW set. At the very least please consider this.

mgb204

Quote from: Vizoria on January 07, 2016, 05:39:17 PM
Simmer2, I wonder if you could be so kind as to add a simple 1 by 1 blank TE RRW piece which has only a wealth texture and RRW track? It would simply add wealth textures to adjacent RRW tracks (which can't be reached by the wealth tiles created by lots) which are 3 or more tracks wide. It would work cosmetic wonders to the RRW appearance, especially in urban areas.

I think it would make a great addition to your spur and sidings RRW set. At the very least please consider this.

Why not simply remove the dirt? It's far less hassle and everything is cleaner, especially diagonals.

Lot's might seem the best way to go, but there are better solutions. Frankly if I wanted the dirt that badly, I'd just bake it into the textures for RRW so it always showed regardless of zoning. Actually, with my resources, that's not too difficult to achieve.

Simmer2

Quote from: mgb204 on January 07, 2016, 06:07:01 PM
Quote from: Vizoria on January 07, 2016, 05:39:17 PM

Why not simply remove the dirt? It's far less hassle and everything is cleaner, especially diagonals.

Lot's might seem the best way to go, but there are better solutions. Frankly if I wanted the dirt that badly, I'd just bake it into the textures for RRW so it always showed regardless of zoning. Actually, with my resources, that's not too difficult to achieve.

Dulcis in fundo  :D

I think Robin's solution is the best. It will be the end user's choice.
I could redo the RRW textures by placing then on top of any textures in Photoshop and turn them in to base textures, however due to the astronomical base textures possibilities I will not attempt it.

Nick
Thank you Robin  :thumbsup:

mgb204

Too lazy to upload these to my google drive... Ortho prop families, that just leaves the diagonals which I'll get to. I figured these would be the most use right now. :).

:edit: Tut Tut to those few who download the attached files without knowing what they were. If you did that, please do not use them, horribly broken and all that.  ;D

Simmer2

Themistokles

Wonderful! You're doing a great job with these &apls
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Simmer2