• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

Well done!really liked your video!amazing city! &apls

nbvc

Great video and the previous updates with the seaport and the castle was also nice. &apls

Is the building with the moving elevator an animated BAT or did you do the animation only in the video?

noahclem

io_bg

Excellent vid! The building with the elevator is cool indeed!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Pat

Art awesome video and great music there!! Im loving your md and great stuff you have been doing!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mave94

Lovely video! Videos have more life in it than pics. Great work on your region, as always! :thumbsup:

-Matthijs

Swordmaster

Darn, cool videos are becoming a real standard these days - we'll all have to follow! >:(

Seriously, though, cool video!

Cheers
Willy

gn_leugim

Quote from: jmyers2043 on October 25, 2012, 06:06:30 AM
Quote from: art128 on October 25, 2012, 05:52:56 AM
... but a video!

Wow. Nice video. The building with the moving elevator is cool, especially at night.

- Jim

I totally second that!

very nice :)

art128

Thanks guys, if you are interested in the building with the elevator, I found it on this website [link]
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

benedict

Your work this week has been very popular - so you're back at number one on BTT!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

nas-t

Well deserved - your last update was stunning!  &apls

art128

Thanks for the comments!

No update today, sorry guys.  I might be able to put out two or three pictures before the first November though.

In the mean time, any of you guys have any tips, tricks things to make a bulk seaport? I'm talking in the large range.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Quote from: art128 on October 29, 2012, 05:02:36 AM
In the mean time, any of you guys have any tips, tricks things to make a bulk seaport? I'm talking in the large range.

You know what I'm gonna say: rails! Especially bulk is more efficiently handled by rail (vs. trucking), so I recommend access to the docks and a large shunting yard further away. If you need any info on realism, you know I'm always there.

Cheers
Willy

art128

Willy, here's the area I have available for the seaport and the shunting yard.

and the tile just at the west

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Interesting start.  I look forward to seeing it full.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

MandelSoft

You probably want a distribution center somewhere to make sure your goods and bulk material can be picked up and delivered elsewhere.

Question: will this port handle containers? In that case you'll need a container terminal and also a distribution center.

FrankU has a good lot set on the STEX called the Modular Warehouse Pack. Maybe that's something for you. I think SimPeg also has stuff for freight distribution.

Anyway, I see that you have a really nice CJ going on here. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Best,
Maarten.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Gugu3

Nice start for your seaport!looking forward for the development!curious to see how you will create a seaport in your perfect japanese style! :thumbsup:

Swordmaster

You can put the yard at a fair distance from the port. It doesn't have to be close, and in RL, it usually isn't since it takes up a ton of space.

If you're going for all-out realism, I suggest making it at least around 40 tiles long. Although I admit that I don't know a thing about Japanese freight trains. I do expect them to be as long as European ones at least, so 600-650m track length is a good basis.

If you want, I can always make some lots or textures, just let me know.

Good luck.

Cheers
Willy

art128

Thanks guys for the comments!

Thank you, Robin. You'll get to see it finished sooner or later!

Nice to see you here Maarten! Yeap, this part of the seaport will be alocated for container and bulk only, oil is on another tile to the east. You can already see the container terminals on the general picture. ;) Yeap, I have FrankU's lots, quite nice I must say. I'll put them to good use, rest assured! Although I don't really like PEG's creation I'll try to use some.

Thank you Willy for the input! Well Japanese freight trains are much like Europeans, it varies from some wagons to a load up. I'll try to see what I can get the best from Google Earth and then put it in application for the game. Well of course some textures or lots are always appreciated! I'll ask you later when I start building it. Or at least when I have some plans in mind. ;)

Well it was a good month in the OSITM. I had quite a lot of fun making the updates. Luckily now I can have a little break and come back to the weekly basis update. :P

Anyway, today I have another update for you guys! This time as requested by NMUspidey on Simtropolis, I present you the Itsukushima Shinto Shrine  厳島神社 [Link]...

oops, electric poles and cables stopping straight there..  ::)

And that's all for today!

I hope you guys enjoyed this update!

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

Very nice Arthur!keep up your great work!I'm rather curious to see a region view shot;)
cheers
Gugu3