• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Tranports Inc.

Started by vester, January 19, 2012, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

A beautiful tribute indeed. I'd almost prefer to use that one than the custom NORO version :)

vortext

That's a great tribute!  :thumbsup:

Also, wondering about the three mid panes with people in them. Instead of a solid color background, would it be possible to show some kind of interior behind them?  &Thk/(
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Quote from: vortext on December 01, 2014, 12:38:41 PM
That's a great tribute!  :thumbsup:
TY. Glad you both like it  (Noah and you)-

Also, wondering about the three mid panes with people in them. Instead of a solid color background, would it be possible to show some kind of interior behind them?  &Thk/(
I will have to look at that, but a quick answerd: I will try to add something to break up the background.

I do agree about the solid color. ;)

The names of boats has some reference. Sometimes these are to the place of "origin" or some place for me connected. For the ACTV the name was a reference to the church where i was baptised. On the Staten Island Ferry / the orange New York ferry, it is Pieter Stuyvesant, which was the last Dutch Director-General  of New Amsterdam (that later became New York).

Here is one from another corner of the northern hemisphere:

So which city/transit network, am I taken my inspiration from this time ?
Here are some letter for a clue: HKL ?

vester

Been trying out different thing, but its a bit hard to get to anything great. Here is one try:

EDIT: Added a little extra shadowing to the two decks that is covered.

kelis

Fantastic job !! The model looks very good now  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

vester

Been through all the textures and over the model.

Have removed the odd shadow lines.

Have brought down the vertices and triangle count from 1193 / 1012 to 881 / 974.
Hard to find other ways to bring it further down.

Simcoug

That's a great looking ferry!

romualdillo

The textures are great!!  :)

vester

Working slowly my way through all the mods, modding, testing and taking pictures:

vester

Progress report. Been working on testing and taking pictures.

Star Ferry, Hong Kong.

So now the pictures and the readme is done. Time to work on the installer script.

kelis

Fantastic !! Looks pretty good. I can't wait for put my hands over it  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Dantes

The HK-builders will appreciate enormously over your work. Great work again!

c.p.

Wow, that was fast :o  Great selection of color schemes &apls

dwelln8hss32

'Ferry' Nice! :D  ...Sorry, couldn't resist. Wow! These are all beauties, Vester. Now, which one to choose...
All metropolitan dreams start somewhere... in the minds of many, in the feet of less, but in the hands and hearts of only few.

emanuelfranco0390

wow epic all the mods, and i actually like the HK version to  ;D &apls, thank you vester.

romualdillo

Great work, as always!!!!  &apls

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Thank you all. Really appreciate all your comments.

Been return to this one:

Decided to start over on the texture, so far just window placeholders, some shadows around the cabin windows and the blue lines along the sides.

art128

I have to say I'm more interested in the N700 than the ferries. Though I'll download a ferry skin to replace the maxis one.

Looks great, looking forward to more of this beauty. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog