• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to make nam work

Started by dslmagic, September 20, 2008, 01:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dslmagic

I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere here, but I can't find it. A very simple question... How do I get traffic to use the RHW / MIS mod? I lay the puzzle pieces, drag out a network, but trafic on goes either in one direction only, or not at all. Do I have to put down one-way roads first, then overlay the RHW pieces, or is the RHW pieces "direction-sensitive" when you drag it out, like the one way roads? Please help, and thanks to all who respond. If more convenient email me at "dslmagic@swbell.net". Thanks...

Tarkus

Hi dslmagic-

Well, the starter puzzle pieces for the RHW and MIS are direction-sensitive--you can control the direction by rotating the puzzle piece.  If you're using the North American textures, the yellow line should be on the inside of the road.  If you're using Shadow Assassin's Euro textures, the narrower shoulder should be on the inside of the road. 

You can extend the RHW by using the RHW network tool, found on the Highways menu, above the RHW puzzle pieces.  The network is 2-way by default (the starter pieces "override" the default network), so it does not auto-reverse like One-Way Roads.

If you want to know more about how the RHW works, see Filasimo's guide here.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)