• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Real Expressway Mod REW (Development and Support)

Started by eggman121, November 23, 2016, 10:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

b22rian

It would be difficult to put into just a  few words really my thanks to you for all this , since it started just 6 months or so ago..
Truly amazing what you have accomplished with this to date,,
But not just this project, but all that you do and your many many contributions to the NAM team, fully appreciated , how you find time for all the great things your working on right now.. &apls

Kitsune

I love seeing Avenues getting some of the REW treatment, and a DD at that.
~ NAM Team Member

druidlove

Looks awesome, and even better than the NAM DD crossing.

AsimPika3172

Awesome!  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls Continue on your next project!  :thumbsup: Oh yeah!  :bnn:
I loves Sim City forever!

Gugu3

brick_mortimer

Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

SimCity V6

Well, wow!  :D &apls This is definitely a reason I'd check this mod out when it releases now. Hope to see more changes that will simply beef the system up!

vester

Quote from: eggman121 on June 10, 2017, 03:10:50 AM
This happened  ()stsfd()

-eggman121

Nice work. Maybe add a few arrows. In the Danish version you would have lights at the two intersections.

eggman121

Sorry all for the wait.

I have been developing away.

Here is the latest on the dev front...

Many thanks to Tarkus and others for the underpinnings of this expansion.  :thumbsup:

-eggman121

b22rian

Thanks for all your continued efforts here  &apls

it both looks great and has much viability in terms of game play..

dyoungyn

I agree it looks fantastic.  So sad this tremendous and absolutely stupendous project of REW will not make it in NAM 36 :'(

b22rian

I took the time this morning to read thru the entire thread on this..

At this stage really of Nam development, its hard to possibly even imagine the creation of a Mod that is so game- relevant, such a beautiful fit as a compliment to the existing road based system and the RHW. And perhaps some of my enthusiasm is based on how I construct my highway systems in my high density / high population/ traffic intensive cities. But I have found especially in the CBD's it is hard to get by without some kinda OWR system to support the traffic capacity requirements , in those high development areas. To now think about the possible uses of the REW in conjunction with that has me very excited at my old age  :thumbsup:

Fabio Costa

roadgeek

I am so ready to get this expansion!!! This will give me a reason to employ the OWR-1 --> MIS transition piece, which if I am not mistaken, the puzzle piece is now replaced. I have been using the RHW-4 --> OWR-2 for exit ramps, in conjunction with the A2 exit ramps, and utilizing the OWR-2 + OWR-2 = OWR-4 transition, but employing two entrance ramps, is not such a clean affair.

eggman121

Thanks for the reply's everyone  :thumbsup:

Just playing around  $%Grinno$%

Maybe the interchange does not have to be as space efficient

This design was based on an interchange on General Holmes Drive in Sydney Australia.

This project will debut in NAM 37.

-eggman121

dyoungyn

Finally and great work.  So excited to see this stupendous addition to once thought impossible. 

eggman121

More on the development side of things for the Real Expressway...  ::)

REW Turn Lanes for the below picture...

So in essence like the FTLs for the road networks you can have turn lanes for the ramps of any length you want.

The Ramps are overridden in part to adjust to the new geometry.

I still have to make the merging lanes but that I feel will be a piece of cake  ;)

Many Thanks to Alex and the Team for the work behind the scenes for this to work.

-eggman121

metarvo

Good work!  :thumbsup:  It's always helpful to have plenty of space to get into the exit lane to avoid missing the exit in a high-traffic situation, so this is going to be most useful.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.