• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM 2.0 Restart

Started by InvisiChem, December 26, 2015, 02:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InvisiChem

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to inspire and hope my future efforts will continue to inspire.

I have used previous versions of RTMT and it is a very impressive mod itself. I only hope to be at the doorstep of the RTMT and NAM teams.

If you think I can lend a hand in any way, I may need some training to get up to speed, hit me up PM. More than willing to help out, plus it'll give me something else to work on than PIM-X'ing a bunch of Maxis buildings. lol.
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

Pat

Ive been following CAM 1.0 for a dark age and love it, to see CAM 2.0 Im excited and will have to download it for sure!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Mero90

Hi there,

I have some questions that aren't closely related to the CAM, but since the CAM fixes some aspects of this game, and tries to make it more realistic and a little bit more challenging, this could be the right place to post.

I'm now working on some civic buildings balance. I have noticed that many civic buildings are very underpriced, and there is no economics planning before building them (i.e. my city needs a new hospital, I don't care about save money, it costs 1100). What do you think abut this? Do you think this could be included in the CAM?

InvisiChem

Mero,

Develop away. Civics definitely need an update. I would be more than happy to include any updates you want to develop and this concept definitely fits in with the CAM model. Just be sure to release them individually as well. :)

Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.

FrankU

Hi people,

I have a problem.
I have installed SC4 again after a five year gap. Now I would like to use the CAM2.1.0., which I have downloaded just an hour ago.
The installer is just a piece of cake...but... It's just that I get errors. The installer DAT-packer does not seem to work. So I guessed I have to install the real DAT-packer first. So I did that (the 2008 version). It works.
But still the CAM installer gives me an error.
I have a brand new Win 11 laptop.
What could possibly be wrong?
Is this some kind of Win 11 problem with older software? Or could my Norton antivirus screw the installation?

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Ulisse Wolf

Quote from: FrankU on June 15, 2022, 12:54:09 PMHi people,

I have a problem.
I have installed SC4 again after a five year gap. Now I would like to use the CAM2.1.0., which I have downloaded just an hour ago.
The installer is just a piece of cake...but... It's just that I get errors. The installer DAT-packer does not seem to work. So I guessed I have to install the real DAT-packer first. So I did that (the 2008 version). It works.
But still the CAM installer gives me an error.
I have a brand new Win 11 laptop.
What could possibly be wrong?
Is this some kind of Win 11 problem with older software? Or could my Norton antivirus screw the installation?

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Here you can find the manual procedure of CAM Patch